You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

music whilst playing poker

eon1961eon1961 Member Posts: 1,795
I have been listening to the King (not Elvis) the true King Chuck Berry whilst playing.
Does anyone else have a preferred Artist.

Comments

• Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,176
    80's Synth for me.......

often have Synth Britannia on in background, recorded from BBC4
  • Options
    kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,531
    Aphex Twin. An acquired taste, and probably downright offensive to some, but the man is truly peerless.

Jeff Buckley too, also peerless.

I listen to just about anything that's good. From blues to metal to hip hop.

That said, a lot of the stuff coming out these days is so bad I have to question my sanity. Are people hearing the same thing as me???
  • Options
    Summers119Summers119 Member Posts: 193
    Hip Hop for me or like 90s Rap!
  • Options
    SR23SR23 Member Posts: 1,228
    Dub techno is the nuts for poker.
  • Options
    pompeynicpompeynic Member Posts: 2,821
    Great question @eon1961 .
    Funnily enough I think having music on in the background helps me play better. I often have one of the various music channels on the tv . Anything from the last four decades really, as they occasionally play a song you haven’t heard in ages. I sometimes search out the channel that has something like *top 50 songs from the movies *. December just means every channel has Christmas music which is great for me as that’s my favourite time of year. Music in the background trumps the usual tv as I can be distracted by what’s on.
  • Options
    BlackpumaBlackpuma Member Posts: 203
    Classic rock B)
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,026
    edited May 2019
    Blackpuma said:

Classic rock B)

What bands are you into? Love a bit of classic rock
  • Options
    BlackpumaBlackpuma Member Posts: 203
    waller02 said:

Blackpuma said:

Classic rock B)

What bands are you into? Love a bit of classic rock
    I usually put the classic rock radio channel on, love all the old stuff or just listen to some Fleetwood Mac
  • Options
    StayOrGoStayOrGo Member Posts: 12,129
    I love mantras like these, find they helps me focus.

I'm into this sort of stuff anyway, may not be everyone's cup of tea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XP-f7wPM0A&index=18&list=RDO4rdf31UYiY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lG9Ahhu_kGY&list=RDO4rdf31UYiY&t=90

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16NhDZdipdg&index=16&list=RDO4rdf31UYiY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5KNvcFyTEs&index=24&list=RDO4rdf31UYiY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oh7kOqOuuGU

Each of these mantras has a strong spiritual significance for me and helps me relax and be without judgement whilst playing.
  • Options
    eon1961eon1961 Member Posts: 1,795
    Different Graham.
    Had you as a Chas & Dave man
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Tonight it is Elton John (70s and 80s only though), like many musicians his best music was from when he was "enjoying himself".
  • Options
    SidV79SidV79 Member Posts: 4,042
    Current Spotify playlist for myself is 'Crossing The Red Sea With The Adverts' (perennial favourite), 'NMTB', 'Another Kind Of Blues'- UK Subs, 'Inflammable Material'- SLF, 'The Clash' + 'Don't You Worry Child'- Swedish House Mafia (absolutely love this track), 'Ray Of Light'- Madonna's BEST track & for a bit of fun Party Rock Anthem- LMFAO, 'I Love It'- Icona Pop
  • Options
    pompeynicpompeynic Member Posts: 2,821
    Just came second in the PLO8 bounty hunter whilst listening to That’s so 90’s: The no.1s on the Magic tv music channel.
    Did not manage to take a bounty though.
  • Options
    kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,531
    I'm gona guess that those tunes Graham posted are optimal poker tunes.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Sunday afternoon session listening to The Smiths (Bigmouth Strikes Again seemed an appropriate choice today).
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,305
    pompeynic said:

Great question @eon1961 .
    Funnily enough I think having music on in the background helps me play better. I often have one of the various music channels on the tv . Anything from the last four decades really, as they occasionally play a song you haven’t heard in ages. I sometimes search out the channel that has something like *top 50 songs from the movies *. December just means every channel has Christmas music which is great for me as that’s my favourite time of year. Music in the background trumps the usual tv as I can be distracted by what’s on.

Hey Nic...I'm surprised u don't have the music from CLOCKwork orange on? ;)
  • Options
    rabdenirorabdeniro Member Posts: 4,231
    The Jam.....so good.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,268
    waller02 said:

Sunday afternoon session listening to The Smiths (Bigmouth Strikes Again seemed an appropriate choice today).

I had to think about that for a moment or two.