You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

barely one freeroll a week. is sky lagging behind every other uk poker site?

Gdog87Gdog87 Member Posts: 2
edited May 2019 in Feedback & Suggestions
more freerolls for the new & inexperienced

barely one freeroll a week. is sky lagging behind every other uk poker site? 25 votes

Yes
20%
touch_MRpilgrim07satsuma40Gdog87K0BAYASHl 5 votes
No
80%
GREGSTERMattBatesstokefcgoldnballzTheEdge949mumsieEvilPingugr0wapearIkellyrabdeniroSMARTGOATEssexphilItsover4uLmfaoAllinAllan23johnjoe81madprofSidV79somniatisbgam 20 votes
Depend on the type
0%

Comments

• LmfaoAllinLmfaoAllin Member Posts: 1,211
    No
    Interesting timing with there being £110 tickets available via fr's on the hour all day today working out at £1,320.

In addition to that there are 3 seats available in the 6.30 fr, which runs nightly, £330.

5 x 1k nightly rewards fr's.

Quick scan of the lobby shows 3 x £20 fr's, its 5pm so some have presumably already run.

Oh, and a 40k fr festival starts tomorrow.

But apart from that, what have the Romans ever done for us?
  • EvilPinguEvilPingu Member Posts: 3,462
    No
    There's plenty of freerolls if you play enough Poker on the site to earn entry.
  • TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,077
    No
    Tbh I dont use the freerolls I have, I find they play more akin to any 2 bingo than poker. I suffer enough from tilt issues anyway and dont see how getting my big holdings run down by multiple players coz its free is going to help
  • SidV79SidV79 Member Posts: 4,010
    No
    NO- every day there are 7 (SEVEN) freerolls with 8 from Monday to Friday.
    1.00am £20gtd Turbo FR
    6.45am £20gtd Turbo FR
    10.00am £20gtd Turbo FR
    12.00pm £20gtd Turbo FR
    2.00pm £20gtd Turbo FR
    5.30pm £20gtd PLO FR
    6.30pm Sunday Major FR (top 3 places win a seat into Sunday Major although this may change if another promo (Vegas, UKOPS, Super Sunday, SPT) is running). These are everyday but from Monday to Friday
    7.30pm £1000gtd Rewards FR (also may change due to various promos being run with added seats as prizes)
    These are without the excellent promos that run with extra FR's taking place.
    Not enough FR's? I think there are but that is just my opinion...
  • Itsover4uItsover4u Member Posts: 1,529
    No
    sky do a great job with freerolls and promos - I fail to see how you could be dissatisfied with something they put on for free
  • EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 7,958
    edited May 2019
    No
    Always amazes me just how much people complain about the free stuff.

Only got to look at some threads in the past-the majority of poker-related complaints relate to stuff Sky give us for free. Sky does not get everything right-no site does. But they do try, despite the total lack of thanks.

Do people honestly feel that the free stuff isn't value for money? Would you prefer a little "treasure chest" containing free points towards your next meaningless treasure chest?
  • Gdog87Gdog87 Member Posts: 2
    Yes
    Essexphil said:

Only got to look at some threads in the past-the majority of poker-related complaints relate to stuff Sky give us for free. Sky does not get everything right-no site does. But they do try, despite the total lack of thanks.

Do people honestly feel that the free stuff isn't value for money? Would you prefer a little "treasure chest" containing free points towards your next meaningless treasure chest?

Where did i say i am compaining about something free esssexphill? i asked a question because of the amount of freeroll entries per day the other 2 sites 888poker and pokerstars that i am signed upto seem to have alot more daily 2 three times more to the point. My most general point though is most of them dont require earnings in the first place to enter? i am a big fan of skys, vegas and bingo mostly. and although i like there android table layout better than any, i think they are lagging behind here. ps i deposit to all 3 weekly but wont mention the dpsts weekly bonuses either :D
  • SidV79SidV79 Member Posts: 4,010
    No
    Both 888 & 'Stars have a (much) bigger player pool than Sky, therefore make more in rake to allow more FR's to be offered. As to having to 'pay' on Sky, you only need 10 points to play in 6 of the FR's, 20pts in the 24 hours leading up to the 6.30pm FR, 50 points the previous week to qualify for the 5x £1000 Rewards FR's and when you join you are given 500 points to start you off
  • EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 7,958
    No
    Gdog87 said:

Essexphil said:

Where did i say i am compaining about something free esssexphill? i asked a question because of the amount of freeroll entries per day the other 2 sites 888poker and pokerstars that i am signed upto seem to have alot more daily 2 three times more to the point. My most general point though is most of them dont require earnings in the first place to enter? i am a big fan of skys, vegas and bingo mostly. and although i like there android table layout better than any, i think they are lagging behind here. ps i deposit to all 3 weekly but wont mention the dpsts weekly bonuses either :D
    Complaining? Words like "barely one", "lagging behind". With your first ever post, trying to demand change via a poll. That sort of stuff.

Then, what Andy (SidV) said. You are not comparing like with like. Firstly, size-Stars are hundreds of times bigger, 888 many times bigger. Then there is reach-the others are worldwide, this UK/Ire only. Don't just look at frequency-look at total prizes, and divide by the entrants.

Stars freerolls are awful. In every sense. 888? Prob similar to here.

Sky freerolls? Put it this way. I've been to Vegas from one. And I am going again next week, for free. So I get tetchy when people complain.
  • goldnballzgoldnballz Member Posts: 2,789
    No
    Incredible poll.

A few weeks ago, I won a £4,000 Las Vegas package, from a freeroll! B)
  • K0BAYASHlK0BAYASHl Member Posts: 2,027
    Yes
    I voted yes but should have voted no.
  • stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,615
    No
    you want to see my roi in freerolls its immense ;)
    i won a UKPC live ticket worth 1k from a freeroll
    if it wasn,t for freerolls ida busted my roll many a time