You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Heads Up....

DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
edited February 2010 in Poker Chat
Don't normally play poker before midday, but was bored this morning so played a couple of HU sng's.

I played the same guy twice, and he was unbelievably passive. Honestly on the first couple of levels, it was like playing an "away player" - who occasionally limp folds.

My question is, about playing this type of player when the blinds get bigger.

He's limping on the button 90% of the time, and min raising with any ace/big pair.

How often should I be raising out of the big blind here? With this guy, I quickly sussed out that keeping the pots small and playing as many flops as possible was the way forward, as unless he hit, he wouldn't play, so 70% of the time Im gonna bet him off the flop anyway. 

With 12 bbs's if I raise his limp pre then C bet into him and he has it, I'm giving him a significant percentage of my stack, when I dont really need to.

I'm of course raising every single button, the question is about Big Blind strategy HU - any other general advice much appreciated.

Any ideas here? 

Thanx, DOHH

Comments

• Options
    BowieBoyBowieBoy Member Posts: 266
    edited February 2010

He seems real difficult to deal with. I'm  thinking, well  avoid him, but that defeats the purpose as there are lots like him out there and you will meet them. The most interesting thing about poker is the varity of hands and people you play, sometime the sollution to a problem just fails to hit us. Would playing him more and more help? or will we just do in our bankroll?. Sorry i'm no real help here Dohh,but all I can say is don't dwell on it.

Anyway good luck on Total Player, take care, John

• Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited February 2010

Hey Bowie, Is the perfect type of player for heads up, if everyone plays like this, they're just gonna get battered.

I was getting free chips every hand for the first 3 levels. When Blinds went to 25/50, in both games, I had 1,300 chips to his 700, and when we got to the 50/100 levels,  he was down to 5/6 big blinds. 

I now the play here is to put pressure on on the button, but its the limping into my bb Im not so sure how Ishould be reacting to, as If I shove and double him, he all of a sudden has the chip lead and Im down to 9 bb's against a guy Ive been crushing.

Im just not experienced enough heads up to really know what to do here.

Than for the reply, appreciate it m8 :)

DOHH
  • Options
    IRISHROVERIRISHROVER Member Posts: 7,606
    edited February 2010
    hey that players game  above sounds like my game lol !

well only one way to catch a nit,

use a fine tooth comb,

isolate him/her

then squash him/her with your stack .

i wish you the very best of luck tonight in tp comp,

you can do it m8y !

rover and hope your still in after tonight !

• Options
    scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited February 2010
    isolate him/her

isolating in HU matches FTW

personally with a chip lead just check back most BBs unless you have stuff like pairs/paint/A9+.  then just put and his 6BB AI.
  • Options
    Seagull158Seagull158 Member Posts: 1,100
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Heads Up....:
    Hey Bowie, Is the perfect type of player for heads up, if everyone plays like this, they're just gonna get battered. I was getting free chips every hand for the first 3 levels. When Blinds went to 25/50, in both games, I had 1,300 chips to his 700, and when we got to the 50/100 levels,  he was down to 5/6 big blinds.  I now the play here is to put pressure on on the button, but its the limping into my bb Im not so sure how Ishould be reacting to, as If I shove and double him, he all of a sudden has the chip lead and Im down to 9 bb's against a guy Ive been crushing. Im just not experienced enough heads up to really know what to do here. Than for the reply, appreciate it m8 :) DOHH
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    I'm just checking to see the flop every time he limps into me. Even if I've got high pair or AK I would check and hope he hits a piece of the flop. Play small ball poker till he only has the AI option.