You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

trouble with lagging in the poker rooms

andsoitis7andsoitis7 Member Posts: 73
edited February 2010 in Community Help & Advice
hi there, im pretty new to this site but just thought id ask, is there anything i can do about constant lagging when im in the middle of a game, the cards take so long to show sometimes that i get timed out and have many hands folded and in some circumstances can not join back in cause the lag is so slow.
when i first started on this site it was fine and i have done nothing different to my pc, its only happened today(19-2-10)
pretty guted cause i was doing well in the primo freeroll (67th) then is started lagging
any help would be greatly appreciated
thanks

Comments

• Options
    beanehbeaneh Member Posts: 4,079
    edited February 2010
    Try shutting down all other programs running on your computer whilst you play. Maybe also post your pc specification, as the processer + ram have an impact on how fast they all run.

Browser choice too can affect it.

I have found it to be ultra slow on my mac in firefox, pretty good on mac safari, ok on mac chrome. 

pretty bad on ie in windoze 7, ok in ff on windoze 7 and pretty darn well in chrome on windows 7.
  • Options
    andsoitis7andsoitis7 Member Posts: 73
    edited February 2010
    n Response to Re: trouble with lagging in the poker rooms:
    Try shutting down all other programs running on your computer whilst you play. Maybe also post your pc specification, as the processer + ram have an impact on how fast they all run. Browser choice too can affect it. I have found it to be ultra slow on my mac in firefox, pretty good on mac safari, ok on mac chrome.  pretty bad on ie in windoze 7, ok in ff on windoze 7 and pretty darn well in chrome on windows 7.
    Posted by beaneh
    thanks for taking the time to answer my post.     strange thing is ive been playing all day and havent had this  problem again.
    perhaps the pc was just having a bad day ( know how he feels with my luck at the tables )
    again thanks for the suggestions.
  • Options
    Sky_mod1Sky_mod1 Member Posts: 88
    edited February 2010
    Hi andsoitis7,

Generally lags and minor disconnections/interruptions will happen if you have been playing quite a bit of poker.

So to prevent the lagging/ disconnections always clear your browsing history, cookies, cache and temporary files after each session of poker, or when it seems to slow down a bit.

Also ensure that you have the latest version of Adobe Flash Player installed.

Our poker tables do use quite a bit of data space so clearing the browser cache will help immediately.

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to contact Customer Care :)

Take Care,
    Sky Poker Mod1