You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Is Big Brother Watching..?

lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,021
edited June 2019 in The Rail
This morning I went shopping at Lidl,amongst the other items I bought was Lidl's own brand Deluxe Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream. I've never tried it or even seen it advertised before so I thought I'd give it a try,I paid cash for my shopping and went home.Once home I turned on my laptop and went on Facebook,almost instantly an advert popped up for Haagen-Dazs Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream. Is that just a coincidence or are more dark sinister forces at work here..?

Comments

• SidV79SidV79 Member Posts: 4,028
    Cue music for "The Twilight Zone"...
  • rabdenirorabdeniro Member Posts: 4,222
    Yep, watching eveything you do.......
  • goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,486
    Lidl by Lidl they watch our every move........ hope you didn't use the Toilets.
  • HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 31,944
    lucy4 said:

This morning I went shopping at Lidl,amongst the other items I bought was Lidl's own brand Deluxe Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream. I've never tried it or even seen it advertised before so I thought I'd give it a try,I paid cash for my shopping and went home.Once home I turned on my laptop and went on Facebook,almost instantly an advert popped up for Haagen-Dazs Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream. Is that just a coincidence or are more dark sinister forces at work here..?

Probably via a rewards card, or similar?
  • lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,021
    edited June 2019
    HAYSIE said:

lucy4 said:

Nope, I paid cash and I don't use any rewards or loyalty cards in that shop,it just seemed strange that the first time I've seen/bought the item, up pops an advert from a competitor for the very same thing.
  • HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 31,944
    lucy4 said:

HAYSIE said:

lucy4 said:

Nope, I paid cash and I don't use any rewards or loyalty cards in that shop,it just seemed strange that the first time I've seen/bought the item, up pops an advert from a competitor for the very same thing.
    Facial recognition on the till then?

No, seriously if you haven't given them anything that identifies you, then it has to be coincidence.

Weird though.
  • EvilPinguEvilPingu Member Posts: 3,462
  • lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,021
    EvilPingu said:

But the checkout person wasn't a pigeon... :) .
  • mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,334
    edited June 2019
    I think there is something going on.
    I've witnessed similar.
  • goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,486
    Spooky! had my name on the Envelope ........ don't remember ordering it.