You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

download client

subzero1subzero1 Member Posts: 76
Hi all I no this probably isn,t the correct forum but its the busiest so somebody may be able to help me.I recently reset my computer back to factory settings to clean out the rubbish and speed it up which it has done brilliantly.But when I went to download the sky poker client it just comes up with "sorry an error has occurred". then goes on to say."The application could not be installed because the installer file is damaged.Try obtaining a new installer file from the application author".As im not computer literate I have no idea what that means and wondered if anybody could help as when I play through the browser it takes to long to load the table and I miss the first few hands which are vital when playing turbo DYM'S...thanks.

Comments

• kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,526
    edited July 2019
    Check this page. Sometimes just a reboot fixes this. It happened to me not so long ago.

https://habimakeover.fandom.com/wiki/Installer_file_is_damaged_error_on_Adobe_AIR

For me I had to install Adobe Air before installing the Sky client.
  • The--DonThe--Don Member Posts: 388
    You might also enjoy playing through the browser. It is much less demanding on the machine and I find it has way less glitches.
  • mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,268
    Hi @subzero1 were you able to fix this problem ?
  • subzero1subzero1 Member Posts: 76
    Hi mumsie.No rebooting the computer didn't work.Kapowblamz kindly sent me a link that might help but after looking at it it just seemed a little complicated (I stated earlier I wasn't computer literate) so i'll just play through the browser.
  • H3nryH3nry Member Posts: 39
    Good morning all,
    I am having the exact same issue and message, I have tried downloading the client on to a new desktop with no success receiving the following message
    "The application could not be installed because the installer file is damaged.Try obtaining a new installer file from the application author"
    I have spoken to customer care who advised trying a different browser (have tried Microsoft edge and google chrome) other than this they are unable to help.
    I have followed Kapows advice and i do have the latest adobe.
    on the home page I click 'download' followed by 'open' then receive the above message. At no point do I get to the point of having an option to 'install' or see the Sky poker logo if that gives any clues.
    I played on browser last night and I much prefer using the client so any advice would be gratefully recieved.
  • mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,268
    I haven't got the answer to this problem.
    And I don't have this issue on my windows 10.

I wonder if it has something to do with internet explorer settings interfering with Adobe, blocking it somehow, this can be fixed through I e. Internet Settings ( from personal memory).

• Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,471
    I had this last week
    The file is unlikely to be damaged but actually out of date
    As a workaround I took the date back to 2016 and it worked just fine following that
    Thank you for the response mumsie but we have a winner. Jac35 had the answer, I set the date back to 2016 and it downloaded straight away. I have no idea why this works and is the last Thing i would have tried without jacs advice so thank you.
    This does appear to be a common problem, could something be put on the website to advice people of the workaround?
    Everyone that has asked for advice on the forum have been existing players that know the joys of sky poker and are willing to persist to download the client,. How many new players have sky poker lost where they have failed to successfully download the client gave up and gone elsewhere?
  • Vince_107Vince_107 Member Posts: 70
    H3nry said:

This does appear to be a common problem, could something be put on the website to advice people of the workaround?
    Everyone that has asked for advice on the forum have been existing players that know the joys of sky poker and are willing to persist to download the client,. How many new players have sky poker lost where they have failed to successfully download the client gave up and gone elsewhere?

I agree it's been an issue for a long time and I was able to find the solution myself online when i had to re-install a few months ago. I can't see many non computer-savy people being able to work out how to solve the file issue, which must put off a lot of traffic if they don't get on with playing through the browser. Baffles me that nothing has been done about it.
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 158,807
    edited July 2019
    WP @Jac35 & @mumsie, thanks.
  • kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,526
    Looks like the millennium bug is still haunting us.

• rabdenirorabdeniro Member Posts: 4,212
    I went on Adobe site.....zoom straight over ma heed.

This technote addresses the installation issue of Adobe AIR applications after 30th Oct 2017 that is signed with SHA1 certificate. It is applicable to both Windows and Mac.
    Issue

When you install your AIR application, the installation fails with the below error. The error dialog is a generic installation failure message that could occur for various reasons. One of them is due to signature validation failure.

Who should use this solution?

If your developed AIR application fails to install after 30th Oct 2017.
    Issue confirmation

Follow the steps below to verify if the signature validation failure is the cause of the installation failure:

Open the application installation logs. The location of the log files for different platforms is mentioned in the article: https://helpx.adobe.com/air/kb/logging-air-2-desktop-application.html
    If the installation log contains the error: “Package signature validation failed”, it indicates that the application is signed with SHA1 certificate.
    Set your system date to a date prior to 30th Oct 2017, and try to install the application again. Successful installation confirms that your application is impacted by the signature validation issue.

Solution

You will have to re-sign your Adobe AIR application. Follow the steps below to re-sign your application:

Rename your Adobe AIR application by changing its extension from .air to .zip. In case you don’t see the extension in the filename, enable the filename extension before renaming the application.
    Extract the .zip file renamed in Step 1.
    Go to the extracted folder and perform the following modifications (in the order specified):
    Move xml present inside META-INF\AIR\ folder to the root of the extracted folder.
    Delete “META-INF” folder.
    Delete “mimetype” file located in the root of the extracted folder.
    Download the latest AIR SDK for your platform from http://www.adobe.com/devnet/air/air-sdk-download.html.
    Locate the AIR SDK archive file downloaded in Step 4 and extract the AIR SDK Compiler (if on Windows) or mount the AIR SDK Compiler dmg (if on Mac).
    Open the command prompt and change the current working directory to the root directory of the extracted AIR application directory.
    Use the command below to re-package the AIR application with a new certificate:

\bin\adt -package -storetype pkcs12 -keystore myApp.air application.xml .

Command line parameters:

AIR_SDK_compiler_path – Location of AIR SDK compiler extracted or mounted in Step 5.
    app_signing_certficate_path – Fully qualified path of your application signing certificate. Make sure you are using SHA256 certificate.
    myApp.air – Name of the application to be packaged.
    application.xml – The file that was moved in Step 3.A

When prompted, enter the password of your application signing certificate.

Note:
    Do not ignore the . (dot) at the end of the packaging command above. It is used to package all the resources present in your existing application. For more details on packaging AIR applications, refer https://help.adobe.com/en_US/air/build/WS901d38e593cd1bac1e63e3d128cdca935b-8000.html.
    Workaround

AIR applications with the above-mentioned issue can be installed using two methods.
    Using keyboard shortcuts:

Install the Adobe AIR Runtime
    Steps to follow on Windows:

1. Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe AIR\Versions\1.0

2. While holding the “Ctrl” key, select the Adobe AIR Application Installer.exe -> Right click on it -> Run as Administrator. Do not take your finger off the “ctrl” key until you see the window open up.

3. Select and open the AIR application to be installed.
    Steps to follow on Mac:

1. Go to /Applications/Utilities

2. While holding the “command” key, double click on the Adobe AIR Application Installer. Do not take your finger off the “command” key until you see the window open up.

3. Select and open the AIR application to be installed.

The Adobe AIR Application should be installed successfully.
    Using the new -ignoreExpiredCertificateTimestamp directive while launching AIR Application installer using Command Prompt/Terminal

Install the Adobe AIR Runtime
    Steps to follow on Windows:

1. Open a command prompt as Administrator.

2. Run the following command:

“C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe AIR\Versions\1.0\Adobe AIR Application Installer.exe” – ignoreExpiredCertificateTimestamp

3. Window opens up.

4. Select and open the AIR application to be installed.
    Steps to follow on Mac:

1. Open Terminal.

2. Run the following command:

/Applications/Utilities/Adobe\ AIR\ Application\ Installer.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe\ AIR\ Application\ Installer/ -ignoreExpiredCertificateTimestamp

3. Window opens up.

4. Select the AIR application to be installed.

Adobe AIR Applications gets installed successfully.

Update.

The Office have confirmed that they have passed this issue across to the IT Tech Team.

If & when I hear further, I will Update you.
    edited July 2019

Update 19th July

The techies are on the case, & from what they tell me they may well be able to resolve this.

Once I get a timescale, either myself or Sky Chris, the tech chap sorting it, will update you further.
  • Sky_ChrisBSky_ChrisB Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 48
    Hi all,

Firstly, this is definitely our bad so I'd like to apologise for it. We pretty much did the equivalent of ignoring the dashboard warning light and were then shocked when smoke came out of the bonnet.

We create a signature so your computer can confirm that the Download Client one of our products - just like the padlock you see in your browser address bar. This signature has a lifetime and, unfortunately, it expired. There's a grace period, but we've just learned that it only applies to upgrades, not to new installations.

This means that you get the error message for a fresh installation. We're working as quick as we can to get an updated signature, but in the mean time I'll try to give a better explanation of how to work around it. The steps posted above are correct, but are a nightmare to understand, so hopefully this is more helpful.

Firstly, make sure you have the latest version of Adobe AIR. You can download this from https://get.adobe.com/air/.

With the latest version, you can tell AIR to ignore the expired signature. For Windows, here are the steps:

1. Get the Sky Poker client from this link, and save it in your Downloads folder.
    2. Open This PC from the file explorer, or by pressing ⊞Win+E.
    3. Go to the C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe AIR\Versions\1.0 folder.
    4. Hold down the Ctrl key. Keep hold of it until step 7!
    5. Right-click on Adobe AIR Application Installer.exe and click Run as administrator:

6. When asked "do you want to allow the following program to make changes", click Yes.
    7. A window pops up where you can select the file to install. You can let go of the Ctrl key now!
    8. Select the SkyPoker-1-151.air file from your Downloads folder:

9. Now you should be able to install the client. If you still get "Sorry, an error has occurred", you need to make sure you have the latest version of AIR installer (version 32) and held Ctrl throughout the process...

If anyone wants more explanation, particularly of the Mac process which is almost as bad, please ask.

Once again, we're really sorry it's come to this, and we will release the update to fix this issue as soon as we possibly can.
  • DazlerDazler Member Posts: 3,970
    Im having problems also. I generally use chrome to play on but last couple of days it isnt showing any mtts to play for the night only games for the next day. Only way I found this out was opening it up in safari and though that works in the lobby i get no sound.
  • rabdenirorabdeniro Member Posts: 4,212

Hi all,

Firstly, this is definitely our bad so I'd like to apologise for it. We pretty much did the equivalent of ignoring the dashboard warning light and were then shocked when smoke came out of the bonnet.

We create a signature so your computer can confirm that the Download Client one of our products - just like the padlock you see in your browser address bar. This signature has a lifetime and, unfortunately, it expired. There's a grace period, but we've just learned that it only applies to upgrades, not to new installations.

This means that you get the error message for a fresh installation. We're working as quick as we can to get an updated signature, but in the mean time I'll try to give a better explanation of how to work around it. The steps posted above are correct, but are a nightmare to understand, so hopefully this is more helpful.

Firstly, make sure you have the latest version of Adobe AIR. You can download this from https://get.adobe.com/air/.

With the latest version, you can tell AIR to ignore the expired signature. For Windows, here are the steps:

1. Get the Sky Poker client from this link, and save it in your Downloads folder.
    2. Open This PC from the file explorer, or by pressing ⊞Win+E.
    3. Go to the C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe AIR\Versions\1.0 folder.
    4. Hold down the Ctrl key. Keep hold of it until step 7!
    5. Right-click on Adobe AIR Application Installer.exe and click Run as administrator:

6. When asked "do you want to allow the following program to make changes", click Yes.
    7. A window pops up where you can select the file to install. You can let go of the Ctrl key now!
    8. Select the SkyPoker-1-151.air file from your Downloads folder:

9. Now you should be able to install the client. If you still get "Sorry, an error has occurred", you need to make sure you have the latest version of AIR installer (version 32) and held Ctrl throughout the process...

If anyone wants more explanation, particularly of the Mac process which is almost as bad, please ask.

Once again, we're really sorry it's come to this, and we will release the update to fix this issue as soon as we possibly can.

Yep, all good now worked a treat, only took a dafty like me 10 minutes, cheers.

UPDATE 25th July

Morning.

I understand some changes were made & were released overnight, so the problem should now be cured, & you will (or should) be able to apply the Update, & new installations should now go smoothly.

Apologies for the delay, but fingers crossed all is well now.