You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Bounty Query

CadleyXCadleyX Member Posts: 20
I had a hand earlier where the button shoved (had me covered), the short stack in the small blind shoved and I called. Myself and the button had the same hand, which held, eliminating the short stack. The button received all of the bounty, but if we split the pot and both had the eliminated player covered, should we not have split the bounty as well? This was NLHE.

Comments

• StayOrGoStayOrGo Member Posts: 12,127
    edited July 2019
    CadleyX said:

I had a hand earlier where the button shoved (had me covered), the short stack in the small blind shoved and I called. Myself and the button had the same hand, which held, eliminating the short stack. The button received all of the bounty, but if we split the pot and both had the eliminated player covered, should we not have split the bounty as well? This was NLHE.

Hi @CadleyX

The rules/software set up on SkyPoker is such that in this scenario the bounty goes to whichever player had the most chips at the start of the hand, it is not split, which probably would be fairer.

So as the button had you covered he gets the full bounty I am afraid.

Might is right and all that. :) UL
  • CadleyXCadleyX Member Posts: 20
    StayOrGo said:

CadleyX said:

Hi @CadleyX

The rules/software set up on SkyPoker is such that in this scenario the bounty goes to whichever player had the most chips at the start of the hand, it is not split, which probably would be fairer.

So as the button had you covered he gets the full bounty I am afraid.

Might is right and all that. :) UL
    Cheers, I thought that might be the case but I've never seen it before.
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 159,766

@CadleyX

Welcome to the forum Mr X.

As an aside to the thread topic, I see you ran 2nd in last night's Quickdraw for about £240. Well done bud.
  • CadleyXCadleyX Member Posts: 20
    Tikay10 said:

@CadleyX

Welcome to the forum Mr X.

As an aside to the thread topic, I see you ran 2nd in last night's Quickdraw for about £240. Well done bud.

Cheers, it was very hairy on the bubble.