You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

£50 to £1000 BR challenge

TWRAMYEPTWRAMYEP Member Posts: 351
Hi guys, I haven't really played poker for years now apart from a very occasional game now and then.
I've got some free time at the moment so decided to do a Bankroll challenge to get myself back into the game and give me some accountability.

I will be following a very strict buyin rule, 100 buyins, in fact this is the most important part of the challenge for me and if I break this buyin rule, even once, I'm declaring a failed challenge on myself.

I'll be starting at the £0.5 & £0.25 DYM games, they will be the only games I'll be rolled for to start off with that have any kind of traffic, but I'll be playing other formats as my roll allows in the future. Looking forward to a bankroll of £200 so I can add the £2 bounty hunters and spin ups in to the mix.

This will be a huge win for me if I pull this of, 1. because I haven't played seriously for years and 2. I have always been really loose when it comes to bankroll management.

Hope to post regular updates.

Wish me luck.

Comments

• Options
    MynaFrettMynaFrett Member Posts: 724
    Good luck :)
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,472

VBOL Mr Yep.

What does that alias represent? It's quite an odd collection of letters.
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,014
    Good luck, will follow with interest.
  • Options
    MynaFrett said:

Good luck :)

thanks
    Tikay10 said:

VBOL Mr Yep.

just random :)
    waller02 said:

Good luck, will follow with interest.

Thanks
  • Options
    End of Week 1 +£8.83 Current Roll £58.83

Played about 70-80 games of turbo DYM £0.25 and £0.5 over the last day and a half.
    I had a few points from the day before I started challenge and earned the £2.30 token which I lost.

Going forward I'm going to set volume targets for my self. I think a good place to start is to hit 500 points for this week, so that's 72 games a day.

Also I want to spend a little time each day on ICM study, I'm going to be spending a lot of time on these DYMs so might as well brush up on ICM stuff.

• Options
    edited July 2019
    Where do you source your study materials (if you don't mind)?

ICM can be a bit of a nightmare in MTT but I assume it's far simpler to get your head around in DYM - would that be fair?
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    MynaFrett said:

Where do you source your study materials (if you don't mind)?

ICM can be a bit of a nightmare in MTT but I assume it's far simpler to get your head around in DYM - would that be fair?

When I say study I just mean go over some spots in a ICM program or go over hand histories, I'm really rusty.
    I'm not MTT expert, not even close but i'd say ICM is much more important In DYM, I'd go as far as to say DYMs are pretty much all ICM decision orientated.
    MTTs ICM is only important in latter stages whilst DYM ICM is from the get go. For example flipping or even taking a 60/40 In a DYM early on only benefits those not in the pot, but taking a 60/40 in early MTT is almost always correct.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    What ICM program do you use?

I didn't make that clear, apologies, I was referring to final tables of MTT specifically when ICM really becomes a factor and mistakes can have huge implications and can cost you 100 buy-ins+ sometimes or at least cost you ladders that equal 10's of buy-ins. Along with the differing pay jumps/payout structure considerations I assumed (perhaps wrongly/ignorantly) that ICM in DYM would be simpler/less complex because of the flat payout structure that never changes (3 players lose 1 buy-in and 3 players win a bit less than 1 buy-in) and you likely face very similar spots time and time again (?)
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    MynaFrett said:

What ICM program do you use?

I didn't make that clear, apologies, I was referring to final tables of MTT specifically when ICM really becomes a factor and mistakes can have huge implications and can cost you 100 buy-ins+ sometimes or at least cost you ladders that equal 10's of buy-ins. Along with the differing pay jumps/payout structure considerations I assumed (perhaps wrongly/ignorantly) that ICM in DYM would be simpler/less complex because of the flat payout structure that never changes and you likely face very similar spots time and time again (?)

I have a sitngo wizard 1 licence from ages ago, I need to download again. Been out the loop for awhile but heard ICMizer is a popular one.
  • Options
    DazlerDazler Member Posts: 3,970
    GL with the challenge
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,013
    Good luck
  • Options
    Dazler said:

GL with the challenge

Thanks
    Essexphil said:

Good luck

Thanks
  • Options
    End of week 2 +£16.66 this week. Current Roll £75.49

Missed my volume target by miles and only managed about 190 games of DYMs which about 75% were £0.25 and 25% £0.5.
    Won a sunday major ticket freeroll but unfortunately didn't cash.
    Won a £2 DYM with my £2.30 ticket.
    Made my sharkscope public.

I'm not setting a fixed target of games this week other than to beat last weeks total.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,472

"End of week 2 +£16.66 this week. Current Roll £75.49"

Great work @TWRAMYEP
  • Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    Tikay10 said:

VBOL Mr Yep.

No it's not.
  • Options
    edited August 2019