You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

The DOHHHHHHH Diary

Comments

• SnufferSnuffer Member Posts: 3,057
    Impressive time Doh, I managed a 1:55 on my long run but it destroyed my legs and took a week to recover!
    Any ambitions to do a Marathon?
  • DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740
    Good work Doh. Wore me out just reading about it!
  • waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,012
    Nice one JJ great stuff
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 158,809
    edited August 2019
    @DOHHHHHHH

How you keeping Big Man?

Still running? Weight & health OK?

Saw you were on site the last few days after a little break, hope you are doing OK mate.
  • GlenelgGlenelg Member Posts: 6,540
    Was just thinking the same thing @Tikay10 . Pretty sure hes a medium now lol. Do7h is always in my thoughts cos when i joined skypoker, knowing nada about poker i printed off do7h cash tutorials.
    Glenelg said:

Was just thinking the same thing @Tikay10 . Pretty sure hes a medium now lol. Do7h is always in my thoughts cos when i joined skypoker, knowing nada about poker i printed off do7h cash tutorials.

Now you just need to read them.

^^^^^

Ouchio.

Quality burn, that.
    edited August 2019
    It was set up too nicely to resist :)

Back on topic though, I agree it would be good know how you're doing Dohhhhhhh. Hope all is well.

• DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,925
    edited August 2019
    Tikay10 said:

@DOHHHHHHH

How you keeping Big Man?

Still running? Weight & OK?

Saw you were on site the last few days after a little break, hope you are doing OK mate.

Morning TK & all.

Bit of a mixed bag lately on the health/weight/exercise front.

I've had a rollercoaster month, lots of ups and downs.

The big problem has been a calf injury which has prevented me running.

As regular readers will know, running for me has become abit of an "anti depressant" in itself, a release that I use in place of my old "release" which was alcohol.

I've struggled abit to cope with some things recently, and fallen back in to some old habits.

The low point being the culmination of a 4 day bender a couple of weekends ago, and being blue lighted to A&E. :#:#:#

---

In more positive news, I've applied for some jobs working within the NHS.

Hoping my half decent 'on paper' qualifications will make up for my total lack of experience (which apparently isn't essential).

Enough to get me an interview at least, and then I'll just blitz that :)

---

I am still, somehow, weighing in sub 14 stone.

A little bit more wobbly than I was 6 weeks ago, but no heavier.

---

I got back out this morning and laid it all on the line.

13 Days till the GNR and I havent been able to run more than 3 miles at a time in the last 5 weeks.

I plodded along very slowly but racked up 9 miles.

If I recover well enough in the morning, I'm going book the hotel and commit to running a week on Sunday.

It's abit of a damp squib, I'll probably be around 25-30 minutes outside my PB.

Not really excited for it, as races for me have always been about PBs, but the charity have been good enough to offer me the opportunity to run, so i'll do my best to complete the course for them.

---

Poker's been rubbish for me this month, it was due, I've not had a losing month in over a year.

And probably wont have this month either.

But a 20 buyin downswing in 2 days made me hate the game, and go abit life mental.

Bad loser.

Came in from the alehouse blind drunk and donked about on some spinup tables and ran insane to get it all back, but poker for me atm is not a good idea.

It's not good for my health.

So it can fo.

---

Thanks to the people who have supported me so far.

Ill try to post more in the lead up to the race.

doh x

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/jjdefty
  • madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,296
    Great charity, just done a small donation.....come on you Sky guys...if a lot give a little, the target set gets smashed
  • MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,483
    madprof said:

Great charity, just done a small donation.....come on you Sky guys...if a lot give a little, the target set gets smashed

+1. 1st sensible thing you have ever said on here mad head ;)
    Good to hear from you JJ.

Made a small donation, all the best.

Terrific to hear from you JJ @DOHHHHHHH

Sorry to hear you've had a few ups & downs. Variance is not confined to the poker tables, but the remedy is the same - keep trying.

A job with the NHS - or any job - will really help I think, we need focus in our lives, & without it, it's easy to get down.

There are an awful lot of folks here who respect & care for you mate, so don't be a stranger, even interacting here can't be terrible for you.

I'm struggling with weight & (lack of) exercise at the moment too, & not feeling great. It's remarkably hard to get started once we fall off the exercise wagon, but once we get back on it, it's actually not problem.

Keep us updated on preparations for GNR please, & of course the job application.
    edited September 2019
    Afternoon guys.

Wanna say a reyt big thank you to the people who have donated to my justgiving page.

I'm probably going to fall short of my target, but yet again skypoker players have contributed almost 50% of my total so far, and given I've never met any of the people that have contributed, that continues to blow my mind.

So ta ever so much.

Im gonna write abit more about my prep over the next few days, but as usual nowadays Im short of time and rushing around.

But I just wanted to a) confirm that I am fit enough to run, and also B ) say tytytyvm to Rik, Alan, jordy, and a new name to me, madprof, for their donations last week.

As well as Greame, and Kev, & AG who have both donated anonymously.

Well chuffed with your generosity guys, thank you.

xxx

Good Luck tomorrow Doh x 7 on the Great North Run. Proud of you on how far you have come mate. Hope everything goes well.
    edited September 2019
    Raceday Ready :)

I'm a little nervous going to sleep tonight, but that's more due to the fact we are travelling up in the morning (4am alarm :# ) and we are really good at getting lost!

The plan is to take it really easy for 6 miles.

Like really really easy, at 10 minute miles (my PB pace is 7min 30s miles)

And, calf permitting, gradually speed up through the next 5, leaving the last 2 miles to have a blast to overtake as many as I can.

......Assuming my leg is still working!

Excited :smile:

Thank you to everyone who has supported me, and the charity that I'm running for tomorrow. I'm reyt chuffed with the total, you have all been so kind.

I shall let you all know how I get on Monday night, or possibly Tuesday morning, depending on how hungover I am.

:smile:

Doh x

MAXALLY said:

Good Luck tomorrow Doh x 7 on the Great North Run. Proud of you on how far you have come mate. Hope everything goes well.

How strange we cross posted! :/

Thanks Alan, very kind words. You've supported me lots throughout my time on skypoker, in lots of diff ways. Especially with the "life rehab".

I remember you and many others donated to my first half marathon a few years ago, and again this time.

Its very much appreciated, thank you :smile:

How was the run? Did it go as expected or did you post a much better time than you thought you would?
    Better late than never....

We did ittttt :)

yay.

I was a little bit silly, I rolled the dice a little earlier than I wanted to, took a gamble on my knee and calf holding up, and thankfully it paid off.

After running below average for the last couple of months at poker, I was due abit of good fortune.

Because we all know that's how luck works.....

The start of the race took me by surprise, with so many entrants (around 50,000 I believe) I expected a real slow plod to start whilst the field spread out abit.

But as I was starting near the front, this wasnt the case, and I had to go much faster than I wanted to just to avoid holding others up.

I then settled down for miles 2-5, and then I couldn't resist anymore, I progressively upped the pace until mile 10.

At which point, the missus rang me (yep, 3/4 of a way through the biggest half marathon of my life she rang me up)

"can you slow down abit, Im not going to make the finish in time"

ffs.

If I was within PB range she would have been told to foxtrot alpha.

But as I was miles out, I did, for a couple of miles, then finished with abit of a burst down the home stretch.

Great fun.

Already signed up for next year, when hopefully I shall be PB hunting! <3

----

Thank you so much to everyone who sponsored me, I visited the Children with Cancer charity tent at the end, they were delighted with my total and thanked myself and all mys supporters for helping their cause.

I enjoyed a free chicken and stuffing sarnie from them, and a tropical capri sun.

Which was most welcome as I didn't have anything to mix my vodka with at the time.

----

Overall, with offline donations we raised £395.

£145 of which came from Sky Poker players.

Thank you for your generosity.

Doh x
    Nice one mate...really proud of you.

(turn your phone off next time ;) )

I did watch a bit of it on the tele, but couldnt spot you. Can you dress up next year as a Sky poker stress ball or something?, to make it easier for those of us slobbed out on our sofas at home to see you. Cheers.