You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

SPT Nottingham & Satellites announced

Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 158,775

Afternoon.

The SPT Nottingham Promo Page is now up, you can see it here;

https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby/poker-promotions/sky-poker-tour-nottingham

Comments

• Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 158,775

Satellites start Monday 2nd September, & will run nightly up to & including 29th September.

After that, Direct Buy-In will be open for a few days, & then that's it.

Please note the following T & C's as to winning multi seats, & unused SPT seats.

"3. Each player is eligible to win up to a maximum of 4 seats for SPT Nottingham. These can be used for Day 1a and Day 1b at a maximum of 2 per day. You do not need to inform us which flight or flights you intend to play.

4. Any seats won through satellites not used during the SPT Nottingham event may be used towards the 2019 SPT Grand final. e.g if you have 1 spare seat you may buy in to the grand final for £330 instead of £550. Please note you must have played the Nottingham event to be able to carry unused seats over. Any seats not used in 2019 will be forfeit."

• EvilPinguEvilPingu Member Posts: 3,462
    edited August 2019
    "Any seats not used in 2019 will be forfeit."

Yuck. Don't agree with that term at all. Return unused seats as cash to people who attend SPT is the only fair way IMO.

Is this an addition to the T&Cs for this leg, & presumably the Manchester final? Don't recall seeing it previously.

Does forfeiting seats not used in 2019 mean there won't be an SPT in 2020 and beyond?
    EvilPingu said:

Yuck. Don't agree with that term at all. Return unused seats as cash to people who attend SPT is the only fair way IMO.

Is this an addition to the T&Cs for this leg, & presumably the Manchester final? Don't recall seeing it previously.

Does forfeiting seats not used in 2019 mean there won't be an SPT in 2020 and beyond?

No, the same T & C applied to SPT Brighton, see;

https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby/poker-promotions/sky-poker-tour-brighton
    EvilPingu said:

I have no idea, & I suspect Sky Poker don't know either.

And that's the point, there is currently no (firm) visibility as to what may happen in 2020. They have a rough idea, but I imagine detail such as "will SPT's continue?" have not been addressed yet.

It's definitely not "definitely not", nor is it definitely "definitely".....

Truth is (IMO), they just don'r know at this point in time.

• AmarieAmarie Member Posts: 443
    Satellites start Monday 2nd September, & will run nightly up to & including 29th September.

Yeay! 2 September is a good day for me, fingers crossed the birthday gods will be kind to me

Good luck everyone, hoping to see you all in Nottingham

Mother

xxx

PS for those that want to know i will be 39 this year ;)
    Amarie said:

Yeay! 2 September is a good day for me, fingers crossed the birthday gods will be kind to me

Mother

xxx

@Amarie

Never realised we were the same age.
  • SidV79SidV79 Member Posts: 4,009
    Tikay10 said:

EvilPingu said:

I have no idea, & I suspect Sky Poker don't know either.

And that's the point, there is currently no (firm) visibility as to what may happen in 2020. They have a rough idea, but I imagine detail such as "will SPT's continue?" have not been addressed yet.

It's definitely not "definitely not", nor is it definitely "definitely".....

Truth is (IMO), they just don'r know at this point in time.

The other day I received an email from "Sky Clubhouse" asking me to do another survey, which I did. It asked which of S.B&G's products I preferred and of course I said Sky Poker. It then went on to ask about different 'Rewards' scenarios (iirc there were 9 different ones), all exactly the same as 'Stars Rewards programme. Read into that whatever you want but I found it rather worrying.
  • goldnballzgoldnballz Member Posts: 2,789
    @Tikay10

I think I have 2 unused seats left over from SPT Glasgow (I couldn't attend SPT Brighton). Is there any way I can check this?

@Tikay10

I think I have 2 unused seats left over from SPT Glasgow (I couldn't attend SPT Brighton). Is there any way I can check this?

Hi @goldnballz

I have just raised this with Sky James, & he confirms that you DO have 2 unused seats.

• goldnballzgoldnballz Member Posts: 2,789
    Thanks for confirming B)
  • EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 7,958
    edited August 2019
    I'm still struggling to get my head round this.
    Let me check I have got this right.

Sky haven't yet decided whether to run SPTs next year.
    But they have made the definite decision to pocket all unused £220 tickets, and to decimate any qualifiers for Manchester by effectively halving the prize money for various potential players, as well as making it impractical for anyone to have more than 2 seats for Nottingham.

Sort it out, Sky. You are SOOOO much better than this.
  • MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,147
    edited August 2019
    Essexphil said:

But they have made the definite decision to pocket all unused £220 tickets, or to decimate any qualifiers for Manchester bu effectively halving the prize money for various potential players, as well as making it impractical for anyone to have more than 2 seats for Nottingham.

The unused seats people have can be put to use to buy into The Grand Final at Manchesters (£550 per seat is 2.5 unused seats obv.). I don't know how many seats is the most anyone is carrying forward, but I can't imagine anyone has more than 3 or 4, which buys less than 2 seats to the Grand Final.....The Prize Money is double that of normal SPT's, and there could possibly be overlay too, (especially if there aren't enough satellites for people to qualify....hint hint ;) ) as per last year iirc
    I think the problem might arise should someone not be able to make Manchester and use their remaining seats. Hopefully they could then be turned into Tournament tokens to be used before the end of the Year (2019) or at XMAS UKOPS which hopefully will be on again :)
  • Sky__JamesSky__James Member Posts: 434
    If there is no Sky Poker Tour in 2020 then the plan is to allow any unused seats to be used towards a Grand Final seat. We hope to encourage more people to play the event this way. I think Misty makes a great suggestion though and so we'll look to credit tournament tokens to players that still have unused seats and do not play the Grand Final.

As for unused £550 seats from the Grand final, we did not plan to forfeit these as players wouldn't have an opportunity to use them and this would also hurt the satellites. So the value of these seats will also be awarded as tokens.

If at some point in the near future we learn that there will be more SPTs next year then we'll hold these seats for players as we have been doing.
    edited August 2019
    MISTY4ME said:

Essexphil said:

But they have made the definite decision to pocket all unused £220 tickets, or to decimate any qualifiers for Manchester bu effectively halving the prize money for various potential players, as well as making it impractical for anyone to have more than 2 seats for Nottingham.

The unused seats people have can be put to use to buy into The Grand Final at Manchesters (£550 per seat is 2.5 unused seats obv.). I don't know how many seats is the most anyone is carrying forward, but I can't imagine anyone has more than 3 or 4, which buys less than 2 seats to the Grand Final.....The Prize Money is double that of normal SPT's, and there could possibly be overlay too, (especially if there aren't enough satellites for people to qualify....hint hint ;) ) as per last year iirc
    I think the problem might arise should someone not be able to make Manchester and use their remaining seats. Hopefully they could then be turned into Tournament tokens to be used before the end of the Year (2019) or at XMAS UKOPS which hopefully will be on again :)
    You are correct, nobody has more than 2 seats, except one player who has 2.5 seats, which equates to precisely 1 Grand Final Seat if not used at Nottingham.
  • MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,147
    edited August 2019
    Tikay10 said:

MISTY4ME said:

Essexphil said:

You are correct, nobody has more than 2 seats, except one player who has 2.5 seats, which equates to precisely 1 Grand Final Seat if not used at Nottingham.
    2.5 seats...... How?? :/

They must be very very thin ! :D

...... or is it from last Years Grand Final?
  • DoyleBrunDoyleBrun Member Posts: 1,296
    Tikay10 said:

Amarie said:

Mother

xxx

@Amarie

Never realised we were the same age. </blockq

May be a bluff?