You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Quick pick of the brains

rearenderrearender Member Posts: 151
edited August 2019 in The Poker Clinic
Blinds are only 40-80 in a deepstack.

I have 7200 chips, I have J-J and raise to 240 get 1 caller who is Big Blind. I have no notes on this player and they are down to 3.5 k in chips. flop comes 9,10,Q they push all in do you fold??? (no possible flush)

I thought I would maybe be behind but then again could have been a-9 or a-10. Even if behind I had outs. So I didn't fold lol my reasoning I had a playable stack if I lost. showed 9-10 I needed a 8 Q or J. 9 on turn. only a J for the river.....it didn't come, would anyone else fold? should have I folded to preserve chips or went to try and build?

Comments

• Options
    NOSTRINOSTRI Member Posts: 1,459
    Easy sigh-fold with or without notes.

- Donk-shoving 50-odd blinds means they're probably bad and very rarely bluffing, so you're almost always behind.
    - Not much point playing a deep stack if you're going to stack off with a draw on level 3.
    - You're getting terrible pot odds.

Against players who play like this, wait for a strong hand and let them give you their chips. Easy game.
  • Options
    rearenderrearender Member Posts: 151
    Thanks @NOSTRI ,

I thought as much, I was hoping someone would have a reason that would make it right. I suppose the play might be a bit different in a shorter stack BH with a head on the line and still decent chips if you lose.

• Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,013
    This is totally player-dependant. Clear fold WITHOUT notes/reads, but not necessarily with...