You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Climate Change - How Dare WHO?

Red_KingRed_King Member Posts: 2,850
edited October 2019 in The Rail
Climate Change - How Dare WHO?

Edit: To the first 5 responders, Please accept my appology, for confusing you with this original post.
So I will add subtitles for them and any others who may be cranially challenged, or just trolling.
I will also remove certain descriptions which have caused them offence, even though accurate.
This post is aimed at Generation [censored], who may be oblivious to their own energy consumption.
Based on basic observational experience and comparison with previous generations contributions.
The difference in personal carbon footprint between generations is measured in orders of magnitude.
[censored] https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/snowflake-generation

That young girl - good on her for raising climate change awareness, but why blame grown-ups.
Grown-ups gave in to her needy/greedy/[censored] generation to give them all modern electronic devices.
Why? Because they demanded them, No! they believed they were entitled to them, peer pressure they'd claim.
Now they are whinging it's all someone elses fault that they have to deal with global warming, "not our fault".

Perhaps this is the smoke alarm in their cyber world existance, where, if you fail you just re-start the game.
Sorry [censored] this is not a virtual reality game, this is the real world, sh!t happens, time you all got on board.

The bigger picture to all this is the personal carbon footprint per generation, raising global temperatures.
(Generation based on <25yo, for argument, a 15yo has 10 years and a 25yo has 20 years contribution)
Two generations ago a 15yo had maybe one electrical device of their own, bestowed on them by parents.
One generation ago a 15yo had two electrical devices of their own, again bestowed on them by parents.
Generation [censored] have at least five electronic devices of their own, again bestowed on them by parents,
including Smart TV, PC/Laptop, Games Console (only one?), Tablet, Mobile Phone, etc,etc.

How does this personal carbon footprint stack-up for generation [censored]?
2x global population, so twice as many people.
5x the count of own electrical/electronic devices owned.
That's already 10x more devices and the energy consumption required just to power these devices.
Looking at the bigger global picture, requires 10x energy resources to produce these extra devices.
That's 100x the energy consumption required from two generations ago to power [censored]'s devices.
Add to that the short lifecycle of new devices, so recycling requires an extra 10x energy resources.
We are now measuring 1000x per personal contribution to the global effect.
If you add to that twice daily 200x school runs and yearly air travel for generation [censored], ????x

Be careful what you wish for, but can you envisage generation [censored] giving up their electronic devices.

And this generation have the audacity to put the blame on anyone else but them, Who is to blame?
1: The powers that be, Political/Industrial, invested in progress and money making capitalism?
2: The needy/greedy/generation [censored] for consuming 1000x the energy to power their lifestyle?
3: The adults, the parents of generation [censored], for not being firm enough to deny them?

Climate Change - How Dare WHO? 2 votes

Political/Industrial Elites
50% 1 vote
Needy/Greedy/Snowflake Generation
50% 1 vote
Grown-ups (parents of generation snowflake)
0% 0 votes

Comments

• Options
    Allan23Allan23 Member Posts: 865
    Climate change is the result of 5 year olds wanting a Nintendo Wii. I’ve read it all on this forum now
  • Options
    day4eire76day4eire76 Member Posts: 912
    As allan23 above says it takes some doing on the forum but this is right up there with the biggest load of nonsense posted in a while.

Below are biggest causes of climate change

Burning coal, oil and gas produces carbon dioxide and nitrous oxide.
    Cutting down forests (deforestation). Trees help to regulate the climate by absorbing CO2 from the atmosphere. So when they are cut down, that beneficial effect is lost and the carbon stored in the trees is released into the atmosphere, adding to the greenhouse effect.
    Increasing livestock farming. Cows and sheep produce large amounts of methane when they digest their food.
    Fertilisers containing nitrogen produce nitrous oxide emissions.
    Fluorinated gases produce a very strong warming effect, up to 23 000 times greater than CO2. Thankfully these are released in smaller quantities and are being phased down by EU regulation.

So how are these the fault of teenagers or younger?

I just knew as soon as I seen the word snowflake the post was going to be lol.

The amount of abuse that young girl has received on social media just for trying in her own way to make our planet better is shocking.Mostly may I add be middle aged men.
  • Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    Anyone who says ''snowflake generation'' is clearly a bellend.
  • Options
    dragon1964dragon1964 Member Posts: 3,052

Anyone who says ''snowflake generation'' is clearly a bellend.

What if you say snowflake (generation) ten times in one post, though?
  • Options
    tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,730
    And we wonder how Donald and Boris have such support..,ignorance is bliss so they say .
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,305
    The youth of today feel that the older generations have ‘shafted’ their and future generations’ futures.....sounds familiar to UK young people? Clue begins with B and ends in exit
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,655
    its not just the older generation that are guilty for climate change we,re all guilty, every one of us and nobody can deny it
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,111
    The younger generation always see things slightly different to the older generation.

It is easier to have principles before families, mortgages etc kick in. Mind you, always felt that youth is wasted on the young :)

It is true to say that various generations have not done well. But there have been improvements-no "pea soupers" these days, smokeless fuel, better petrol etc.

I would have more respect for todays' activists (in various fields) if they weren't so preachy.

Pretty sure it would be a lot more environmentally friendly for Ms Thunberg either to give her last speech to an American activist, or to appear via electronic (rather than physical) means. Similarly, if child protesters campaigned at weekends or in the holidays, a great deal of energy and money in schools would not have been wasted.

People are becoming more able to vocalise. But nothing is actually being done.

• Options
    Red_KingRed_King Member Posts: 2,850
    edited October 2019
    Allan 23 - Your STRAW MAN comment shows you up.
    day4eire76 - Your post is valid in every aspect, but off topic.
    dragon64 - never feed the trolls.
    tomgoodun - Your STRAW MAN comment shows you up.
    A straw man is an ugly method of debate, where you create an imaginary projection of your opponent’s views and attack those, rather than engage with what your opponent is actually saying.

hhyftrftdr - In your roll as resident TROLL, it would be vitriolic to refer to you as a bellend,

POST Edited by moderators.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,268

Guys, keep it cool please.
  • Options
    VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,036
  • Options
    VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,036
  • Options
    chillingchilling Member Posts: 3,774
    I was sure that the thermostat on my wall was responsible for climate change.