You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

chrome users...

DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
edited February 2010 in Poker Chat
Are your tables loading okay??

Just entered a hu and it wouldnt load, tried twice, then had to log out reload with IE and it worked fine...was down to 700 chips tho from 1000.

It loads and asks me if i want to rotate clockwise/anti clockwise, - then freezes?

Any1 else struggling?
DOHH

Comments

• Options
    LENGALENGLENGALENG Member Posts: 337
    edited February 2010
    anyone had there £5 back from the sky video poker promo yet???
  • Options
    beanehbeaneh Member Posts: 4,079
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: chrome users...:
    Posted by LENGALENG

I have only once had a single problem with Chrome (after getting over the how to unblock pop up windows). That was trying to 8 table whilst having a few other flash items open from another website including streaming music. The flash player quit but just shutting the windows meant they popped straight back up and I didn't' even need to restart Chrome.
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited February 2010
    Cheerz mate Ive got a new laptop - and need to update windows, maybe that has something to do with it, its an "important update" apparently, - JUst re installed chrome and its fine now. Touch wood.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Cheerz mate Ive got a new laptop - and need to update windows, maybe that has something to do with it, its an "important update" apparently, - JUst re installed chrome and its fine now. Touch wood.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

I don't trust Windoze, there are so many 'important updates' that they've never done to IE or Windoze that I never listen when it tells me that. I do hate it though when it pops up saying

YOUR COMPUTER IS GOING TO RESTART LOLZ. WOULD YOU LIKE TO WAIT 5 MINUTES OR HAVE IT AUTO TURN OFF NOW.

Whilst your sitting there doing something important or in a tournie and have to keep remembering to click the give me 5 mins you SOB!!!!

Chrome does seem to rule though, tis slightly annoying having to resize allwindows when you miniview and open enlarged chat etc etc but the stability and speed with which it opens and runs is so much better than any other browser I have used (and i've tried alot in my time on sky!).
  • Options
    webby234webby234 Member Posts: 1,781
    edited February 2010
    sky do not support google chrome, but it works better than firefox, how funny is that. but if i use firefox then they cant blame my computer if i have problems while playing
  • Options
    MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited February 2010
    sky do not support google chrome, but it works better than firefox, how funny is that. but if i use firefox then they cant blame my computer if i have problems while playing
    Posted by webby234
    That's not true.
    They can certainly blame your computer - they just can't blame your choice of browser.
  • Options
    MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: chrome users... : I don't trust Windoze, there are so many 'important updates' that they've never done to IE or Windoze that I never listen when it tells me that. I do hate it though when it pops up saying YOUR COMPUTER IS GOING TO RESTART LOLZ. WOULD YOU LIKE TO WAIT 5 MINUTES OR HAVE IT AUTO TURN OFF NOW. Whilst your sitting there doing something important or in a tournie and have to keep remembering to click the give me 5 mins you SOB!!!! Chrome does seem to rule though, tis slightly annoying having to resize allwindows when you miniview and open enlarged chat etc etc but the stability and speed with which it opens and runs is so much better than any other browser I have used (and i've tried alot in my time on sky!).
    Posted by beaneh
    Unless your version of Windoze is different to any version of Windows that I've used, you can specify that it waits 4 hours rather than 5 minutes.

"Important updates" are often required to "fix" possible security loopholes in Windows and are generally best applied at the first suitable opportunity.
  • Options
    kennybadkennybad Member Posts: 777
    edited February 2010
    Posted by LENGALENG
    yes i got my £5 today
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: chrome users... : Unless your version of Windoze is different to any version of Windows that I've used, you can specify that it waits 4 hours rather than 5 minutes. "Important updates" are often required to "fix" possible security loopholes in Windows and are generally best applied at the first suitable opportunity.
    Posted by MereNovice

On my last comp it was 5 minutes.

And considering their lacklustre attempts at securing the best selling os in the world I find it hard to trust them.

It was kind of them recently to fix a problem in ie that has existed since it's inception.
  • Options
    pod1pod1 Member Posts: 4,377
    edited February 2010
    chrome works gooood for me
  • Options
    elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
    edited February 2010
    JJ UPDATE YOUR ADOBE FLASHPLAYER THAT''LL DO IT. Whoops didn't mean to shout