You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Variance is a **** sometimes

Danyo0Danyo0 Member Posts: 170
This is a great example of how I'm running atm, going through an absolute stinker arm :
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
WoebegoneSmall blind15.0015.002585.00
PokerAnglrBig blind30.0045.004045.00
Your hole cards
czornayCall30.0075.001628.75
Danyo0Raise90.00165.001850.00
steveyseeFold
fRAISEr84Call90.00255.001476.25
WoebegoneCall75.00330.002510.00
PokerAnglrFold
czornayCall60.00390.001568.75
Flop
  • K
  • K
  • J
WoebegoneCheck
czornayCheck
Danyo0Check
fRAISEr84Check
Turn
  • A
WoebegoneCheck
czornayBet60.00450.001508.75
Danyo0Call60.00510.001790.00
fRAISEr84Fold
WoebegoneCall60.00570.002450.00
River
WoebegoneAll-in2450.003020.000.00
czornayAll-in1508.754528.750.00
Danyo0All-in1790.006318.750.00
WoebegoneUnmatched bet660.005658.75660.00
WoebegoneShow
  • J
  • Q
czornayShow
  • K
Danyo0Show
WoebegoneWinRoyal Flush5658.756318.75
. Should I give up lol or just take a break

Comments

• oynutteroynutter Member Posts: 4,772
    edited November 2019
    Hi danyo0, that will happen once in a lifetime, I'd take a break until it happens again, just to be safe!
  • Danyo0Danyo0 Member Posts: 170
    edited November 2019
  • lfccarllfccarl Member Posts: 1,489
    i had a bad week this week
  • madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,297
    I agree that was tough On you , however thinking how I would have played it, can I ask?

As the initial pre flop raiser, what was your thought processes post flop....2 checks with 1 behind. If you make a continuation bet-admittedly with an over pair and an over card- you would have found out where you were?

TBF, though you didn’t know it both peeps ahead of you were ahead, perhaps a bigger bet on the turn, with their corresponding raise/call might have raised an alarm?

Hindsight’s wonderful innit? Really unlucky.....

I played the first day at Manchester this weekend and there was a preflop allin ahead of me for virtually my whole stack and coincidentally I had pocket 10’s in the SB and folds all round apart from the BB to act....would you have called?

( I did, they threw down their J3 suited bluff with some disgust......JJ6 on the flop and a 3 on the river meant I was in the bar sooner than planned....s**t happens to us all....take a short break and come back and play through it

GL
  • Danyo0Danyo0 Member Posts: 170
    @madprof 4 ways happy to check the flop sometimes u need to deal with it however I get your point if i C bet to see where I stand i probs face action that I can fold too. Big picture I have a good mentality and confident Ill turn it around , If I can claw back from -1k to +1k I can turn this downswing around. Avoid mistakes like I did in this hand maybe introduce more bets to see where I stand to avoid being stung.
  • madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,297
    Danyo0 said:

@madprof 4 ways happy to check the flop sometimes u need to deal with it however I get your point if i C bet to see where I stand i probs face action that I can fold too. Big picture I have a good mentality and confident Ill turn it around , If I can claw back from -1k to +1k I can turn this downswing around. Avoid mistakes like I did in this hand maybe introduce more bets to see where I stand to avoid being stung.

You were just unlucky-forget the RFlush...how often will that hit?

I agree with general principle of C betting

On line, I play too many hands, bet too many flops I know but I like playing as much as winning...I do try to C bet more often than checking just to find out where I am...

I probably check very good hands more often-not in your case with the overpair/overcard- just to induce a bet to then re-raise......or do I? ( for those who have any notes on me! ;) )

LMPIHYRG >:)

D
  • craigcu12craigcu12 Member Posts: 3,960
    edited November 2019
    You should study your hands well, look at where you lost them and why.

Looking at this hand I can see you are making mistakes
    I was on live cash this weekend and I saw a number of players constantly complaining about running bad but I did see a range of bad mistakes.
    In one instance a player as KT on flop K53dd Bet then called when not 1 but two players had done a raise, turn card was T and he D/CAI running into 33, it looked sickening to him but he allowed to get like that not folding the flop.

They say you should never fold a FH but the truth is even a FH can be folded on one off occasions, this is a one of those times, the river over bet looks really strong to begin with then another player calls the shove it gives you even more fold potential, your expecting a player to over bet shove a Kx or Qx without the flush on board that has 4 diamonds which is something hardly any player will do.

Tight folds can be made as Kh Qh I call a bet on turn Qd 5h 4h Jh and when the river brought a 4th heart I folded this large bet. everyone was shocked to see me fold 2nd nut flush but it was the correct fold I knew the way it was played my 2nd nut flush was hardly ever ahead unless he suddenly transformed into this crazy player, he even said he had the Ah.

Making bets is another good way for you to know where you stand, this TT I'm not gonna raise but any Ax, or a Jx with 1 diamond I will raise small since I'm happy to fold a reraise on flop, can extract value from his Qx and off suits with a diamond plus I don't expect the player to have many flushes or Kx.

I had an instance of this on the live cash it was J9 the flop come K Q T, I make a cbet my opponent calls. The turn brings a 2nd T I now go X/C, the river is a total brick, pot has roughly 150BB and the opponent over bet shoves 200-250BB. I as J9 snap call. I won the hand as he showed a Q.
    A player to my right was shocked saying I made a big risk calling a 200BB shove "that's dangerous AJ has better straight, KT QT have FH". He is true but on that occasion I knew what I was doing and the way it had been played I was able to rule out the likes of KT and AJ since they would have raised me on flop
  • BlackpumaBlackpuma Member Posts: 203
    edited November 2019
    Pretty std, Just move onto the next tournament i would but if you feel the need to take a break, take it, your dominated by so many hands pre and post flop imo, K-K, A-A, J-J, Even A-k, K-J and K-10 beats you by the river, The river was just the sucker punch, As played easy fold on the turn and move on. GL Danyo0