You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Rich.....There is a problem!!!!

HAL_9000HAL_9000 Member Posts: 216
edited February 2010 in Community Help & Advice
Rich...When are Sky going to realise there is a serious problem with there software.
I see you put the same replys to the script error for weeks on end surly you must be bored of telling the same B******s to people who never seem to get satisfaction not one of the threads says "I did this or that and hey presto." So come on mate pull your finger out and lets get it sorted.

The fact is dozens of people are getting the script error message and having problems. This has to be a compatability issue.

Is there a serious date for a dedicated software client or to publish a solution for the issue.
Instead of Sky sending me a fiver to play now and again, spend it on a solution and i will then look to use the site again.
As it is I am on Full Tilt Poker and never had so much of blip with them.
But i like the smaller community of sky so would really appreaciate it resolving.

I have done everything that has been suggested and it is the same on three laptops
My broadband is with Sky

Comments

• Options
    Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Rich.....There is a problem!!!!:
    Rich...When are Sky going to realise there is a serious problem with there software. I see you put the same replys to the script error for weeks on end surly you must be bored of telling the same B******s to people who never seem to get satisfaction not one of the threads says "I did this or that and hey presto." So come on mate pull your finger out and lets get it sorted.
    Posted by HAL_9000

Hey there Hal_9000,

thanks for your post and i am sorry to hear that you are having trouble with the software and realise this must be extremely frustrating for you.
    i'll just politely remind you that although i do try and post advice where and when i can, i am not directly responsible for building the software/ networks and just relay the message from the poker/ tech teams.

i will certainly pass this thread over to relevant teams and see if we can get some personal advice posted that may help/ go some way in resolving your problems.

all the best,

Rich
  • Options
    -Dino66--Dino66- Member Posts: 106
    edited February 2010
    I cant find the poll option for I have no problems.
  • Options
    BBKingBBKing Member Posts: 4
    edited February 2010
    Rich it has been nearly 24 Hours and not a word from Sky,
    Yet 6 other users have all polled problems
    This has been going on for months so if 6 people a day are reporting problems x 3 Months thats over 500 people that Sky is probably losing
    Whats the point of advertising if you are leaking players at that rate!!!
    Perhaps its time Trading standards or Watchdog are contacted
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Rich.....There is a problem!!!!:
    Rich it has been nearly 24 Hours and not a word from Sky, Yet 6 other users have all polled problems This has been going on for months so if 6 people a day are reporting problems x 3 Months thats over 500 people that Sky is probably losing Whats the point of advertising if you are leaking players at that rate!!! Perhaps its time Trading standards or Watchdog are contacted
    Posted by BBKing

sorry for the delay - i'll give them another nudge but there were some technical problems on the site last night so that would explain the influx of problems reported yesterday evening.

cheers
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    please take a look at this thread.

cheers
  • Options
    Sky_DesSky_Des Member Posts: 351
    edited February 2010
    A quick update.  I had a discussion with Hal_9000 a short while ago and he provided some interesting personal feedback on his thoughts on the script error.  I will be having a further follow up with him next week to ensure we fully document his configuration and findings.

Players generally experience the script error when their pc processor overloads while running flash based programs, causing their flash to slow down and crash.  The same will happen when running any flash based program, eg YouTube, when your processor overloads.  Numerous applications can contribute to high levels of CPU usage, including browser toolbars, virus apps, operating systems like vista and any number of other processes that may happen concurrently on a computer.

When we establish Hal_9000's full laptop specifications, we'll do our very best to understand why his desktop pc and iMac are running Sky Poker without issue, while his laptops are not.  We'll share the learning with the community where applicable.  
  • Options
    diablo_pezdiablo_pez Member Posts: 1,392
    edited February 2010
    about time this got sorted