You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Total Player Addicts......

Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,118
edited February 2010 in Poker Chat

In case you missed it elsewhere, tonight's Total Player Live Show will be TWO hours, instead of the usual one hour, & will start at NINE PM (9pm, 2100) NOT 10pm.

Of course, the dramatic bit will be towards the end......

Not sure if I'm looking forward to that or not!

Comments

• Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited February 2010
    Personnaly i think 2 hours is too long, but i will wait and give the benefit of the doubt, i prefer to see loadsa hands like in the mastercash, so i hope it aint gonna be 2 hours of waffling from the mentors. If after 15 mins i find there too much inane chat, i will leave and come back at 10:45 for the result, hope im wrong. (this aint a moan lol)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Total Player Addicts......:
    Personnaly i think 2 hours is too long, but i will wait and give the benefit of the doubt, i prefer to see loadsa hands like in the mastercash, so i hope it aint gonna be 2 hours of waffling from the mentors. If after 15 mins i find there too much inane chat, i will leave and come back at 10:45 for the result, hope im wrong. (this aint a moan lol)
    Posted by loonytoons
    Good point, & one I should have addressed, but I forgot to, sorry.

It's not possible to have a Show fronted by Rich Orford & not have "waffle", but fear not, here's the ROUGH breakdown of tonight's Show content.

Intro & "where we are" - say 5 minutes.

Then extensive coverage of ALL THREE of the TP "Round-Robin" SNG's, for which, roughly, 30 minutes has been allocated to each one, interspersed with a few phone-calls to various TP-ers I think.

Then the last 20 minutes or so will be phone-calls from the three Mentors - say 3 or 4 minutes each - in which they deliver their TP verdicts, followed by some summing up after each Mentor has spoken.

Finally, a round-up of what's what as we move onto the next Phase.

I really do think it will be a good Show. I'd rather watch it, or be on it, then be a TP-er tonight though!
  • Options
    IRISHROVERIRISHROVER Member Posts: 7,606
    edited February 2010

i will be working but defo record this one ,

cant wait to get back and view it at 2am .

gl to all the total players !
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited February 2010

Ugh Im disappointed too about mastercash, I love that show.

But I realise TP Is huge for sky, and it deserves alot of coverage...

Just a note about the MC table tonight, Im gonna avoid it, and I hope personally that the usual names dont pop up again....

Its low stakes, so I think the low stakes regs should get a seat if they want one....I know this is hypocritical maybe coz I play the NL20/30 Mcash shows in the past....but watching big hitters throwing buy ins around for fun aint gonna help the lower guys.

Lookig forward to the night, as always! DOHH

• Options
    DiggerManDiggerMan Member Posts: 1,027
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Total Player Addicts...... : Good point, & one I should have addressed, but I forgot to, sorry. It's not possible to have a Show fronted by Rich Orford & not have "waffle", but fear not, here's the ROUGH breakdown of tonight's Show content. Intro & "where we are" - say 5 minutes. Then extensive coverage of ALL THREE of the TP "Round-Robin" SNG's, for which, roughly, 30 minutes has been allocated to each one, interspersed with a few phone-calls to various TP-ers I think. Then the last 20 minutes or so will be phone-calls from the three Mentors - say 3 or 4 minutes each - in which they deliver their TP verdicts, followed by some summing up after each Mentor has spoken. Finally, a round-up of what's what as we move onto the next Phase. I really do think it will be a good Show. I'd rather watch it, or be on it, then be a TP-er tonight though!
    Posted by Tikay10
    I can't wait for this, railed some of the action and it was pretty good stuff! Best of luck to all the TP-ers, gonna be tense! Good entertainment for the rest of us though! ;)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Ugh Im disappointed too about mastercash, I love that show. But I realise TP Is huge for sky, and it deserves alot of coverage... Just a note about the MC table tonight, Im gonna avoid it, and I hope personally that the usual names dont pop up again.... Its low stakes, so I think the low stakes regs should get a seat if they want one....I know this is hypocritical maybe coz I play the NL20/30 Mcash shows in the past....but watching big hitters throwing buy ins around for fun aint gonna help the lower guys. Lookig forward to the night, as always! DOHH
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Agreed & noted - MasterCash will soon return to being 2 hours - in a few weeks in fact, when TP finishes. I fact, it might eventually return to it's original Format, which was THREE hours, once TP has finished. I don't know that, just guessing, but it would seem to be logical.

As to who plays on the Televised MasterCash Tables - good point. Anyone can play on ANY Table, but it'd be kinda nice if the "regular" guys at that Level got some exposure.

It's similar to a "problem" we have on PTP nights. We (the PTP "Hosts") try & cover EVERY Level of Table, so that all players, at whatever level, & especially including the micro-limit Tables, get their chance. But it tends to be the PTP-wise players who are on every Table. Don't get us wrong, that's lovely, & we are most grateful, but we are also mindful that every player at every Level should get their chance.

It's a "balance" thing really. Something for everyone & Sky Poker try extremely hard to try & ensure that.

Anyways, good luck tonight JJ.
  • Options
    scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited February 2010
    surely the best solution would be to have 5/6 'Master Cash' tables available at each level, and not let on which ones will be selected for airing until the show starts?

oh and yay that 3 hours mastercash will be back.

edit:  any news of how sky are gonna promote Omaha...we need more traffic on there!
  • Options
    MachkaMachka Member Posts: 4,627
    edited February 2010
    It's a shame you can't technically limit mastercash table players to a single table.

I also sometimes think about PTP nights and how a bunch of regulars, ahem, are normally sat at the PTP tables.  On the other hand I've also railed a PTP and it appears that a lot of the other players are pretty oblivious to the fact they are sat with a PTP.  How many times have you seen in the chat box "What's the star for?", "Why do you have a special avatar?".

I think the obvious solution to this is that all PTP presenters should once every 5 minutes put in the chat box:

"Do You Know Who I Am?"

Obviously for some PTP players, i.e. Orford, that is a genuine plea for information.