You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

FFSSSSSS FUUUUUUUUUUU

scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
edited February 2010 in Poker Chat

Left my laptop open all ready for grinding, come back 10 mins later and its just frozen making this weird clicking noise.  Try and do a cold start but it doesnt even boot up, still with all the noise.

FFS haven't backed up or ages and so much on there which is gone.  My entire iTunes :(  All of my perectly legally downloaded movies and TV shows :(  All my photos of Lisa Marie :(

Comments

• Options
    Seagull158Seagull158 Member Posts: 1,100
    edited February 2010
    In Response to FFSSSSSS FUUUUUUUUUUU:
    Left my laptop open all ready for grinding, come back 10 mins later and its just frozen making this weird clicking noise.  Try and do a cold start but it doesnt even boot up, still with all the noise. FFS haven't backed up or ages and so much on there which is gone.  My entire iTunes :(  All of my perectly legally downloaded movies and TV shows :(  All my photos of Lisa Marie :(
    Posted by scotty77
    If HD has gone you can often get everything recovered but it'll cost several hundred pounds.
  • Options
    MachkaMachka Member Posts: 4,627
    edited February 2010
    Chances are it's not the HD, they rarely fail.  Get the HD out and get yourself one of these:

http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/pr ods/Components/HardDrives-External/HardDriveEnclosures/Novatech/NOV-HDDOCK.html

(Fix the URL I had to put a space in the word pr0ds!!!?

and fingers crossed you can get all the data off.
  • Options
    Seagull158Seagull158 Member Posts: 1,100
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: FFSSSSSS FUUUUUUUUUUU:
    Chances are it's not the HD, they rarely fail.  Get the HD out and get yourself one of these: http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/pr ods/Components/HardDrives-External/HardDriveEnclosures/Novatech/NOV-HDDOCK.html (Fix the URL I had to put a space in the word pr0ds!!!? and fingers crossed you can get all the data off.
    Posted by Machka
    BUt that clicking normally means the head cant read the disk doesnt it?
  • Options
    MachkaMachka Member Posts: 4,627
    edited February 2010
    Depends, could be a power regulator, stuck fan causing overheating so an instant power down, for £20 it's worth trying!
  • Options
    BowieBoyBowieBoy Member Posts: 266
    edited February 2010
    if hard drive is clicking its gone m8t, imo........sorry