You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

why close total player thread

loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
edited February 2010 in Poker Chat
Dont see why the total player thread has been closed, unless the powers that be dont want dohhhhhhh to be chat banned?? yeh i agree that he got a bit of stick and responded, but i also feel that the main perpetrator has been hung out to dry by the sky managers, he had valid points, did not swear, and although i and others may not have agreed with his comments, he was and is still entitled to those opinions - this is not stalanist russia yet you know??
 As for the sky team saying he was trolling, maybe he was, maybe he wasnt, its not illegal you know, its just opinions, we are all adults and can decide for ourselves, me i dont think he was, he was just making his own opinions.

Comments

• Options
    hurst05hurst05 Member Posts: 1,567
    edited February 2010
    In Response to closing total player thread:
    Dont see why the total player thread has been closed, unless the powers that be dont want dohhhhhhh to be chat banned?? yeh i agree that he got a bit of stick and responded, but i also feel that the main perpetrator has been hung out to dry by the sky managers, he had valid points, did not swear, and although i and others may not have agreed with his comments, he was and is still entitled to those opinions - this is not stalanist russia yet you know??  As for the sky team saying he was trolling, maybe he was, maybe he wasnt, its not illegal you know, we are all adults and can decide for ourselves, me i dont think he was, he was just making his own opinions.
    Posted by loonytoons
    i made the same comment, we cant obviously speak for his chat box comments as we werent there but i agree with this post
  • Options
    dantb10dantb10 Member Posts: 583
    edited February 2010
    He was abusive to both me and dohhhhh.
  • Options
    Sky_DesSky_Des Member Posts: 351
    edited February 2010
    Thanks for your thoughts Loony.  Unfortunately we do not have the staff on to effectively manage that thread tonight, so rather than let it continue to spiral as it had clearly started to, I took the cautious approach and temporarily closed it.  It will be opened again tomorrow. 

Similarly, one poster has been temporarily chat banned for potential trolling.  This will be reviewed and the appropriate action taken, or apology offered. 

Dohhhhhh had removed his comments when I came across the thread.  That said, I will be speaking to him as he clearly overreacted. 

To ensure the discussion does not spill into this thread, i'm going to close this thread also and I hope that you accept my position and best intentions.

Regards,

Des.

edit:  opened.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    ok i suppose its for the best 
  • Options
    ybyb Member Posts: 1,471
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: closing total player thread:
    He was abusive to both me and dohhhhh.
    Posted by dantb10
    I can't speak for his comments in the chatbox, but from what I saw on the forum he wasn't being abusive to either of you, he was just saying that he didn't rate you as poker players. I don't agree with this as I think everyone who got this far in TP is there on merit, but he should still be able to voice his opinion on a purely poker matter. Obviously if he was attacking you personally then its a different matter.
  • Options
    hurst05hurst05 Member Posts: 1,567
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: closing total player thread:
    In Response to Re: closing total player thread : I can't speak for his comments in the chatbox, but from what I saw on the forum he wasn't being abusive to either of you, he was just saying that he didn't rate you as poker players. I don't agree with this as I think everyone who got this far in TP is there on merit, but he should still be able to voice his opinion on a purely poker matter. Obviously if he was attacking you personally then its a different matter.
    Posted by yb
    +1 he also publicly apologised to you dan for whatever reason but the thread he said it on was removed
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    u must of missed a few posts before they were deleted.

Ayway, its done with now.

WD dohhh mate u deserve it, as do the others.
  • Options
    lJAMESllJAMESl Member Posts: 591
    edited February 2010
    Hello guys have a few comments to make on some subjects that arose in the Total player thread. I am obviously gutted not to go through but it wasn't suprising. 

Matt said my head dropped but I think it had a valid reason too. Knowing once I made a loss twice it is literally impossible for him to pick me. Firstly it wouldn't be fair on Naomi and Sparce who had done so brilliantly in the phases and also even he selected me with two losses the weight on my shoulders would be ridiculous, along with some people may turn against me or Matt for selecting some one who lost twice. 

Obviously in the 2nd phase it was only one pot that decided I made a loss for phase 2 and it was a big pot but most of the viewers wouldn't know that and jump to conclusions. I think Matt has got two fanastic players in Sparce and Naomi, David who I would say is a similar player to myself breaks down hands and thinks about the game on a different level to most of the other contestants. This is a big part of our edge in the game. Naomi who has a fantastic allround game and who is a brilliant MTT player. Both are more than deserving to of gone through. If I won a SNG and had made a decent profit in cash I would of been alot more gutted to of not of gone through. I would of perhaps felt robbed but this wasn't the case these 2 are both good players and will do Sky proud if either win. 

On the case of dohhhhh I have to say he is the player that impressed me the most in the competition that I hadn't played before I could understand why Tuckman chose him. He has some leaks, but he is a very brave player and I think he has a good chance in the competition.

Best of luck to everyone left in Total player!

lJAMESl
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: why close total player thread:
    u must of missed a few posts before they were deleted. Ayway, its done with now. WD dohhh mate u deserve it, as do the others.
    Posted by dantb10
    Agreed, you all do, but please remember, in the end there will always be differing opinions from different people, if you had 3 other professional mentors, who is to say that the same players would have got through? so there will always be differences in opinions, that doesn't make it a bad thing, just different, roll on next week, this will all be forgotten and another set of 'opinions' will start lol - once again well done to you all and commiserations to the unlucky ones.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: why close total player thread:
    In Response to Re: why close total player thread : Agreed, you all do, but please remember, in the end there will always be differing opinions from different people, if you had 3 other professional mentors, who is to say that the same players would have got through? so there will always be differences in opinions, that doesn't make it a bad thing, just different, roll on next week, this will all be forgotten and another set of 'opinions' will start lol - once again well done to you all and commiserations to the unlucky ones.
    Posted by loonytoons
    +1
    I completely agree.

But there is a way to voice opinions.