You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Total Player

SparceSparce Member Posts: 110
edited February 2010 in Poker Chat
Apologies if i missed i phone call.  I watched until 10pm when i had to go out; I left my phone on, but presume my reception was a bit rubbish so apologies.  When i did not get a phone call by 11 pm felt a bit gutted! but guess its all ok now as in a super dooper mood.  This comp means a lot to me and i am proud to be through, thanks Matt.

As for James, commiserations.  I chat to him regularly and think he was the best person left in the competition.  Have learnt a lot about myself chatting and playing vs him online, i always see him as competition and play fancy poker and he owns me! I am sure he will carry on to play great in tournies as well as continuing in his very strong cash game.

Having read through the thread i feel Dohh got a lot of stick for going through.  I dont have much experience playing vs him.  However, through the sng I saw that he played good solid poker, and i think he deserves the place as much as anyone, He has a strong game.  Saying that phil had an uber strong game too. He 0wned me soo much in the sng, value towning the **** out of me at every opportunity.  Not sorry to see him go, but only cause he played an extremely good game.  

I have the utmost respect for everyone who has been in this comp and they should all be proud.  Personally i always wonder how all these posters who mass post play; this comp shows how getting involved in all the discussions creates a thorough thought behind theory and application. I think everyone should try and emulate this TP 9.  They show what u need to do to become a great poker player.

Congrats to everyone who got through, and commiserations who those who didnt. Horrible!!

David (sparticus)

xxxxx

ps. i feel like I am in the film highlander, "there can be only one"

Comments

• Options
    dantb10dantb10 Member Posts: 583
    edited February 2010
    Well done mate!

I agree, the competition has been immense with every candidate proving themselves to be a great player!

Its a priviledge to be involved and it does teach you a lot about your game.

Good luck in the next round dude.

Dan
  • Options
    TiaDalmaTiaDalma Member Posts: 454
    edited February 2010
    Congrats both. Gl in the next round
  • Options
    scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited February 2010
    I haven't seen any episode of TP before tonight, and only caught some odd clips on youtube but heres my take.

Doh totally deserves this chance.  His game is a really, really, really tough one to adapt to. 

His mentor will know this too plus he will also have seen how much Doh has improved in the past few weeks months.

I also think that the format of Total Player should allow for different styles.  Doh's style doesn't have an equal in the last 9.

Well done mate and I know that you won't take the haters comments to heart. Keep playing your game and you will have an excellent chance of going thru to the final 3.

OK maybe you did take the haters comments to heart Doh lol.  But yeah cool down and don't let some noone rail bird ruin tonight for you.

Oh and finally very very unlucky for  Yippee/Phil and especially James.
  • Options
    lJAMESllJAMESl Member Posts: 591
    edited February 2010
    Hello guys have a few comments to make on some subjects that arose in the Total player thread. I am obviously gutted not to go through but it wasn't suprising. 
    Matt said my head dropped but I think it had a valid reason too. Knowing once I made a loss twice it is literally impossible for him to pick me. Firstly it wouldn't be fair on Naomi and Sparce who had done so brilliantly in the phases and also even he selected me with two losses the weight on my shoulders would be ridiculous, along with some people may turn against me or Matt for selecting some one who lost twice. 
    Obviously in the 2nd phase it was only one pot that decided I made a loss for phase 2 and it was a big pot but most of the viewers wouldn't know that and jump to conclusions. I think Matt has got two fanastic players in Sparce and Naomi, David who I would say is a similar player to myself breaks down hands and thinks about the game on a different level to most of the other contestants. This is a big part of our edge in the game. Naomi who has a fantastic allround game and who is a brilliant MTT player. Both are more than deserving to of gone through. If I won a SNG and had made a decent profit in cash I would of been alot more gutted to of not of gone through. I would of perhaps felt robbed but this wasn't the case these 2 are both good players and will do Sky proud if either win. 
    On the case of dohhhhh I have to say he is the player that impressed me the most in the competition that I hadn't played before I could understand why Tuckman chose him. He has some leaks, but he is a very brave player and I think he has a good chance in the competition.
    Best of luck to everyone left in Total player!
    lJAMESl
  • Options
    IRISHROVERIRISHROVER Member Posts: 7,606
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Total Player:
    Hello guys have a few comments to make on some subjects that arose in the Total player thread. I am obviously gutted not to go through but it wasn't suprising.  Matt said my head dropped but I think it had a valid reason too. Knowing once I made a loss twice it is literally impossible for him to pick me. Firstly it wouldn't be fair on Naomi and Sparce who had done so brilliantly in the phases and also even he selected me with two losses the weight on my shoulders would be ridiculous, along with some people may turn against me or Matt for selecting some one who lost twice.  Obviously in the 2nd phase it was only one pot that decided I made a loss for phase 2 and it was a big pot but most of the viewers wouldn't know that and jump to conclusions. I think Matt has got two fanastic players in Sparce and Naomi, David who I would say is a similar player to myself breaks down hands and thinks about the game on a different level to most of the other contestants. This is a big part of our edge in the game. Naomi who has a fantastic allround game and who is a brilliant MTT player. Both are more than deserving to of gone through. If I won a SNG and had made a decent profit in cash I would of been alot more gutted to of not of gone through. I would of perhaps felt robbed but this wasn't the case these 2 are both good players and will do Sky proud if either win.  On the case of dohhhhh I have to say he is the player that impressed me the most in the competition that I hadn't played before I could understand why Tuckman chose him. He has some leaks, but he is a very brave player and I think he has a good chance in the competition. Best of luck to everyone left in Total player! lJAMESl
    Posted by lJAMESl
    what a post to go out on ,

tk was  right about you ,

your a top lad james.

very unlucky in comp !

• Options
    Seagull158Seagull158 Member Posts: 1,100
    edited February 2010
    Hello guys have a few comments to make on some subjects that arose in the Total player thread. I am obviously gutted not to go through but it wasn't suprising.  Matt said my head dropped but I think it had a valid reason too. Knowing once I made a loss twice it is literally impossible for him to pick me. Firstly it wouldn't be fair on Naomi and Sparce who had done so brilliantly in the phases and also even he selected me with two losses the weight on my shoulders would be ridiculous, along with some people may turn against me or Matt for selecting some one who lost twice.  Obviously in the 2nd phase it was only one pot that decided I made a loss for phase 2 and it was a big pot but most of the viewers wouldn't know that and jump to conclusions. I think Matt has got two fanastic players in Sparce and Naomi, David who I would say is a similar player to myself breaks down hands and thinks about the game on a different level to most of the other contestants. This is a big part of our edge in the game. Naomi who has a fantastic allround game and who is a brilliant MTT player. Both are more than deserving to of gone through. If I won a SNG and had made a decent profit in cash I would of been alot more gutted to of not of gone through. I would of perhaps felt robbed but this wasn't the case these 2 are both good players and will do Sky proud if either win.  On the case of dohhhhh I have to say he is the player that impressed me the most in the competition that I hadn't played before I could understand why Tuckman chose him. He has some leaks, but he is a very brave player and I think he has a good chance in the competition. Best of luck to everyone left in Total player! lJAMESl
    Posted by lJAMESl
    James, great post. You were grossly unlucky on the TP tables and it must have hurt so stepping forward and posting this is a sign of character that will stand you in good stead as you make your way up the rungs of the poker ladder. Its so obvious you have the intellect, knowledge and heart to be a top-class player. Let's hope that you get the luck to go with it.
  • Options
    mabsuemabsue Member Posts: 382
    edited February 2010
    James i totally admire your honesty i can see that yours was probably the toughest group given the results it was a shame that anyone had to go it is clear your game is right up there among the very best but as i said last night which has been deleted you are in a nice place to go on with your poker and as such will rise to the top with or without TP in my opinion many of the others may never get an opportunity again such as this you are CLASS mate and i am proud to have played with you and hopefully when i plug my dam of leaks to play against you on a decent level good luck for the future and all the riches it may bring yours Mark aka Mabsue 
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,076
    edited February 2010

The TP Thread will, I hope, re-open shortly, so I'll refrain from replying to some of these Posts until it does.
  • Options
    phil12ukphil12uk Member Posts: 2,856
    edited February 2010
    OK - I'm gonna post this on every anti Dohhhhhhh thread, as I have lost out the most to this guy in the last 24 hours. I have nothing bad to say about him as he has not given me any reason to!

He has been selected for his poker skills and is into the TP semis.  ALL of us would love to be in his position right now. He should feel very proud - and rightfully so.  He doesn't need any of this negativity and doesn't warrant it.

I will make my feelings on the TP process available when the thread opens again...........but I will say, I have nothing but good things to say about Ben and Dohhhhh. 

Some of the decisions have baffled me over this week and I'm still at a loss as to what else I could have done to show that I have the patience and skill to last in a 2 hour clock tournament..........but thats a grievance I have with someone else - DEFINATELY not Dohhhhhhhhhhh.  Good luck mate.
  • Options
    lJAMESllJAMESl Member Posts: 591
    edited February 2010
    Thanks for the kind words guys onwards and upwards! :-D 

ps - will post this in the official tp thread for all to see!
  • Options
    Seagull158Seagull158 Member Posts: 1,100
    edited February 2010
    OK - I'm gonna post this on every anti Dohhhhhhh thread, as I have lost out the most to this guy in the last 24 hours. I have nothing bad to say about him as he has not given me any reason to! He has been selected for his poker skills and is into the TP semis.  ALL of us would love to be in his position right now. He should feel very proud - and rightfully so.  He doesn't need any of this negativity and doesn't warrant it. I will make my feelings on the TP process available when the thread opens again...........but I will say, I have nothing but good things to say about Ben and Dohhhhh.  Some of the decisions have baffled me over this week and I'm still at a loss as to what else I could have done to show that I have the patience and skill to last in a 2 hour clock tournament..........but thats a grievance I have with someone else - DEFINATELY not Dohhhhhhhhhhh.  Good luck mate.
    Posted by phil12uk
    Before the TP started last night and throughout the program I was thinking HOW is DT going to pick 2 from 3 in your group? You were so unlucky not go through. Equally, Dohhhh or Nutter would have been if one of them had missed. You each won a S&G for goodness sake. What else could you have done? Win 2 S&Gs and you would have gone through! I feel for you. It was horrible for you and horrible for DT. Hope you have a great run on the tables. Why not challenge Sparce to a HU all or nothing match? Oh no, on second thoughts........