You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

private sit n go games

JacquelynJacquelyn Member Posts: 254
Hi folks,

Some friends of mine are bored out of their minds at home and want to organise a series of PRIVATE sit n go games amongst friends (no randomers) - is this something that Sky does/can do, and if so how do we go about arranging it please?

TIA

Comments

• Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,111
    This was asked recently under the thread "private table", and answered by the teekster.

The answer is "currently, no".
    Think the chances of upgrading Sky's 1980s software is zero.

So, until this becomes a Stars skin....
  • Options
    glencoeladglencoelad Member Posts: 1,505
    Jacquelyn said:

Hi folks,

Some friends of mine are bored out of their minds at home and want to organise a series of PRIVATE sit n go games amongst friends (no randomers) - is this something that Sky does/can do, and if so how do we go about arranging it please?

TIA

Hi J, Unibet are doing these and I am sure Sky may get round to it.
    Not sure if its on the main lobby but I know David Lappin one of the ambassadors
    arranges them and he is on Twitter @dklappin .
    GL .
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,404
    edited March 2020
    It can be done, but there is a massive problem with it.

There is a faciltiy to make games password only, this happens in some freerolls.

You simply get in touch with Sky and they supply a password enabled table/ tournament.

And the problem is ?

Money laundering , especially in the current climate.

How easy it would be for me to lose a few grand to my "friend" that I need to hide from the authorities.

• Options
    Essexphil said:

This was asked recently under the thread "private table", and answered by the teekster.

Essexphil said:

Hmmmm ok,

Would solution be to simply fill up a regular game super duper fast so no randomers get in?! Would that be allowed?!
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,268
    Jacquelyn said:

Essexphil said:

Essexphil said:

Hmmmm ok,

Would solution be to simply fill up a regular game super duper fast so no randomers get in?! Would that be allowed?!

Not against any rules as such, but you need to consider what might happen if a "random" sees it filling & manages to register. That's going to make, shall we say, an awkward dynamic, to say the least.
  • Options
    bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,702
    The solution, presumably, is to set the game up on Stars.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

Jacquelyn said:

Essexphil said:

Essexphil said:

Hmmmm ok,

Not against any rules as such, but you need to consider what might happen if a "random" sees it filling & manages to register. That's going to make, shall we say, an awkward dynamic, to say the least.
    Yeah, that is why i asked.

Could support not set this up for us in a tab? - I mean if they can put on a forum tourny, it must be possible?
  • Options
    bbMike said:

The solution, presumably, is to set the game up on Stars.

Yeah, although, all of us have skybet accounts and im the only one with a stars account...

Getting everyone to register and send documents in etc = too much hassle for my friends trust me haha!
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,268
    Jacquelyn said:

Tikay10 said:

Jacquelyn said:

Essexphil said:

Essexphil said:

Hmmmm ok,

Yeah, that is why i asked.

Could support not set this up for us in a tab? - I mean if they can put on a forum tourny, it must be possible?

I don't think that's something they would accommodate right now, but feel free to ask Customer Care.
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,026
    Jacquelyn said:

Hi folks,

TIA

Do you call them spas tics when they play bad too?
  • Options
    mumsie said:

It can be done, but there is a massive problem with it.

There is a faciltiy to make games password only, this happens in some freerolls.

You simply get in touch with Sky and they supply a password enabled table/ tournament.

And the problem is ?

Money laundering , especially in the current climate.

How easy it would be for me to lose a few grand to my "friend" that I need to hide from the authorities.

Gosh, we're looking to play for a tenner i expect!
  • Options
    waller02 said:

Jacquelyn said:

Hi folks,

TIA

Do you call them spas tics when they play bad too?
    definitely
  • Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    Is one seat reserved for someone who has lost their job?

Perhaps the lobby blurb for this Jacquelyn invitational could read....

''I know you've lost your job, have no income for the foreseeable future and you're very worried about paying bills and providing for your family, but I also understand you're desperate for a gamble and that's why we've saved a seat especially for you in this game.

You're welcome and no need to thank me

Jacquelyn''
  • Options

''I know you've lost your job, have no income for the foreseeable future and you're very worried about paying bills and providing for your family, but I also understand you're desperate for a gamble and that's why we've saved a seat especially for you in this game.

Jacquelyn''

Your day must be going amazingly well to come on here and regurgitate the same rhetoric from last week, psml.

You know that song the snow queen sings in Frozen? Yeah that one....

Let it go, let it go :-)

• Options
    Jacquelyn said:

Jacquelyn''

Your day must be going amazingly well to come on here and regurgitate the same rhetoric from last week, psml.

I'm working from home for the foreseeable, so I've got ample time to remind everyone of what a tool you are.

Could get used to this.
  • Options

Jacquelyn said:

Jacquelyn''

I'm working from home for the foreseeable, so I've got ample time to remind everyone of what a tool you are.

Could get used to this.
    Good for you, meanwhile, the rest of us will make some money winning at the tables.

What a time to be alive for you!
  • Options
    Jacquelyn said:

Jacquelyn said:

Jacquelyn''

Could get used to this.
    Good for you, meanwhile, the rest of us will make some money winning at the tables.

What a time to be alive for you!
    Yep, hopefully this virus brings in even more spast1cs to your games so you can increase your win rate further.
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,655
    I'm sure if someone reported them the insults would stop