You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Bankroll decisions

McRatManMcRatMan Member Posts: 15
edited March 2010 in Poker Chat
If u are used to playing in £5 Sng and Tourneys and then you win a big tourny and more than treble your bankroll. Do u step up to the next level , or do u skip levels because with ur new bankroll u can afford to.

Comments

• Options
    CowgomooCowgomoo Member Posts: 749
    edited March 2010
    That would depend whether you are comfortable that you can beat the level you are moving to.
  • Options
    TRIP5TRIP5 Member Posts: 3,618
    edited March 2010
    Hey McRat,

Personally, I would suggest earning your way through the levels on your own accord and not using your tourney winnings to skip levels...as discussed in Glita's blog, different levels have different play experience and if you are have not got the experience the chances are that you will get owned and lose you BR fairly sharpish if you jump up a few rungs...If you feel really confident and feel that your BR is the only thing holding you back then by all means try one or two but don't be to stubborn too drop back down if you need to

x
  • Options
    ACESOVER8sACESOVER8s Member Posts: 1,307
    edited March 2010
    In Response to Bankroll decisions:
    If u are used to playing in £5 Sng and Tourneys and then you win a big tourny and more than treble your bankroll. Do u step up to the next level , or do u skip levels because with ur new bankroll u can afford to.
    Posted by McRatMan
    I would probably suggest playing regularly at the next level up but take shots at tables in maybe 2 - 3 levels up to test the game play. Depends on your game and win rate as to how far you should go.

If your used to playing £5 sit n go's but you suck at them and got lucky at a big tourny then i wouldn't be moving up as your just donating to the better players. If you crush £5 sit n go's and now have a roll to tackle the £11 or £22 ones then i'd take a couple of shots at them but this is all going to come down to how good your game is.

Moving up levels should really be about where you can play profitably and not about where you can afford to play
  • Options
    BlackFish3BlackFish3 Member Posts: 2,418
    edited March 2010
    the bird on the right of your pic is fit
  • Options
    TRIP5TRIP5 Member Posts: 3,618
    edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Bankroll decisions:
    the bird on the right of your pic is fit
    Posted by BlackFish3
    PMSL! Honestly Black...it's was only three minutes ago you were drooling over Lord Orf...you are soooo fickle!!!

x
  • Options
    BlackFish3BlackFish3 Member Posts: 2,418
    edited March 2010
    anything with a pulse...
    or without ;)... oh dear... please dont judge me