You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Pausing Sky Sports Payments on Virgin media

StayOrGoStayOrGo Member Posts: 12,125
Hi guys. FYI if you have Sky Sports with Virgin Media, you can pause the Subscriptions, payments will stop but you will still have access to the channels https://www.virginmedia.com/help/coronavirus-update

Comments

• StayOrGoStayOrGo Member Posts: 12,125
    Scroll down to the FAQ and it's at the top
  • railtard11railtard11 Member Posts: 29
    Same on sky tv.
    Get the same channels (admittedly only showing replays at the moment), but don’t have to pay.
    So seems awful for people who are still paying, yet gain no benefits Over people who don’t pay
  • tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,723

Same on sky tv.
    Get the same channels (admittedly only showing replays at the moment), but don’t have to pay.
    So seems awful for people who are still paying, yet gain no benefits Over people who don’t pay

Hi
    I was trying to ring Sky earlier to see if we could reduce our monthly subscription , I couldn’t get through, do you mean it’s possible to stay on the same package but not pay as much ( during Covid19)?
  • waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,012
    edited April 2020
    tomgoodun said:

Same on sky tv.

Hi
    I was trying to ring Sky earlier to see if we could reduce our monthly subscription , I couldn’t get through, do you mean it’s possible to stay on the same package but not pay as much ( during Covid19)?
    You can pause your Sky Sports online Tom. It then renews automatically once live sport is back up and running.
    waller02 said:

tomgoodun said:

Same on sky tv.

Hi
    You can pause your Sky Sports online Tom. It then renews automatically once live sport is back up and running.
    Hi Ryan
    Thanks
    It’s the other parts of the package I’m trying to get info on, we haven’t got sky sports, but still pay ( approx) £70 per month, which is unsustainable in these times.
  • railtard11railtard11 Member Posts: 29
    Yeh, still receive the channels too.
  • dragon1964dragon1964 Member Posts: 3,051
    I did this the other day and my parent's sub too.
    One VM and one SKY.
    Really easy to do online.
    May as well save a few quid.
    Shame they don't automatically do it, though.

One VM and one SKY.

I’m struggling to find how to do this?
    Could you post the steps please
  • dragon1964dragon1964 Member Posts: 3,051
    tomgoodun said:

One VM and one SKY.

Sorry Tom, I meant the pausing of sky sports as in the OP.

I think you have to ring them to reduce your package.
    They don't make it easy.
  • Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,471
    edited April 2020
    tomgoodun said:

One VM and one SKY.

I did this the other day Tom with Virgin

You have to ring them and as you’d expect it takes a long time to get through
    Follow the automated stuff to change aspects of the package
    Then go to cancel Sky Sports

You’ll speak to someone and they’ll do it
    For me on Virgin they said they don’t pause it but have given it me free for 3 months initially

It will then resume as normal and the contract will continue 3 months past the original contract time

As i’d always have Sky Sports this works out for me just fine

I would assume that Sky do something similar
  • MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,147
    tomgoodun said:

waller02 said:

tomgoodun said:

Same on sky tv.

Hi
    Hi Ryan
    Thanks
    It’s the other parts of the package I’m trying to get info on, we haven’t got sky sports, but still pay ( approx) £70 per month, which is unsustainable in these times.
    What package do you have Tom?

With SKY you can get absolutely everything for £70 per month which includes Superfast Broadband, Unlimited Calls, and the FULL Sports, Entertainment and Cinema package.... it was even cheaper last month, and no doubt will be again soon.

Obviously it isn't worth having Sports just at the moment.... but check on Uswitch.com or Moneysavingexpert.com (Martin Lewis's site) which have the very best deals that are currently out there.

If you can stand not having SKY for a couple of weeks...... cancel your subscription entirely (you have to give 30 days notice), and stick to your guns..... it's AMAZING what they offer you to come back.
    I got the full Entertainment, Sports and Cinema Package for my Dad for £30 per month :);)
  • EvilPinguEvilPingu Member Posts: 3,462
    MISTY4ME said:

If you can stand not having SKY for a couple of weeks...... cancel your subscription entirely (you have to give 30 days notice), and stick to your guns..... it's AMAZING what they offer you to come back.
    I got the full Entertainment, Sports and Cinema Package for my Dad for £30 per month :);)

This

I got the full package for £30 a couple of years back. I then cancelled because I was moving into Uni halls for a year, and they sent me offers to get me back pretty much every month. I snapped one of them up as soon as I moved back into my own flat again.

I'd definitely recommend cancelling then seeing what they offer you. Sometimes it'll be before the 30 days cancellation period ends (although it might not be as much of a discount, it depends), and other times it'll be a couple of weeks after.

Same goes for pretty much all the 'essentials' like that - These companies make their biggest margins from customers who are out of contract and just keep paying over the top on the monthly rolling contract that takes over once your 12/18/24 month contract (depending on the service) expires.

I once spent a year after my phone contract had finished continuing to pay about £42pm. Obviously the ridiculous price of the contract is to balance out the fact they give you a free phone to begin with, but they keep charging you that amount unless you change your plan - In my case, I could get the same deal but with twice as much data for £20pm, so I wasted over £250 there just by being too lazy to look for a better deal for ages. Never making that mistake again.

Similarly, utility providers simply charge you more than a new customer would be paying for the same thing. Make sure you're always switching to the best deals for electric/gas/TV/phone/internet where you can.
  • DoyleBrunDoyleBrun Member Posts: 1,296

Same on sky tv.

I contacted Sky and they gave me a reduced rate while there is no sport are you saying your not paying anything for sport railtard, cheers Chris.
    Thanks for the replies chaps
    @MISTY4ME we have ‘ super fast’ broadband, phone, entertainment and films ( no sport)
    I have gone down the cancellation route in the past , and yes they rang me and offered me a good deal which has gradually crept up.

The last question - what’s the bl.....dy phone number? 🤯😩
  • waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,012
    edited April 2020
    Hi Tom.

0333 7591 018

I ring that number. You normally get straight through to the call centre, which I assume is in India. Then tell them you are thinking of leaving and they put you through to the Value department in the UK (normally a 15 minute wait) they will then sort you out with a better deal or remove any unwanted packages.
    waller02 said:

Hi Tom.

0333 7591 018

I ring that number. You normally get straight through to the call centre, which I assume is in India. Then tell them you are thinking of leaving and they put you through to the Value department in the UK (normally a 15 minute wait) they will then sort you out with a better deal or remove any unwanted packages.

Thanks Ryan.
    I guess that the phone number is online ‘ somewhere’, but tbh I’m really struggling at present and finding it difficult to do the most simple things ( like looking for a phone number)
    Really appreciate all the help from everyone.