You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Don't Tap the Aquarium

ONTHERlVERONTHERlVER Member Posts: 63
edited March 2010 in Poker Chat
I know this is a well known subject but I myself am also at fault here when it comes to trying to educate some people ...

Needless to say no-one likes loosing money but some people need to in order for others to win.

If there are people out there that ... and I can post it here because they wont be bothered to visit this forum "Can't be bothered" to educate themselves then is it really that bad to take there money from them ??

As long as they are recieving enjoyment from there entertainment I am happy to profit from it.

Its just out of curiosity but would you go out of your way to educate another player or wait until they one day ask ???

Comments

• Options
    ACESOVER8sACESOVER8s Member Posts: 1,307
    edited March 2010

Have done in the past but purley out of anger lol IE what are you doing calling with 7 9 off pre flop for 6x the BB etc etc.

have now decided to restrict my comments to NH - BRAVE CALL - LUCKY HIT lol

it does no good as your not actually giving anyone advice when you tap the tank you are merley mouthing off because they beat you with something you didn't expect them to have

• Options
    BlackFish3BlackFish3 Member Posts: 2,418
    edited March 2010
    lol same ive kinda chilled it down to nh sir... or losing it and going crazy at them with my trade mark 'donkety donk donk' comment.
  • Options
    BIGSHANNBIGSHANN Member Posts: 433
    edited March 2010
    I used to get really wound up - still do sometimes, but I now try and focus, and rather than wasting my time in the chat box, I click on the player and write some notes!  Much more constructive and next time we play I have the info I need to capitalise!
  • Options
    ONTHERlVERONTHERlVER Member Posts: 63
    edited March 2010
    Good Advise, thanks shann....

I always find myself talking to people about bankroll and pot odds and I know I might not have all the answers but sometimes think that surely I should just leave this player alone and outplay them rather than try to educate them to improve ..

From a moral perspective ... Should I care lol