You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Box Sets To Watch While Isolating.

lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 6,968
Post what you're watching for the first time or rewatching in the current situation. I don't know how I missed this series the first time of showing back in 2010.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6z71l6HQwQ

Comments

• madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,296
    Signed up to britbox on the free trial...it’s not worth that!
  • HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 31,515
    lucy4 said:

Post what you're watching for the first time or rewatching in the current situation. I don't know how I missed this series the first time of showing back in 2010.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6z71l6HQwQ

I watched it first time round, well worth a watch.

Watched the first series of The Shield yesterday, definitely worth watching again.
  • hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    Six Feet Under.

Close thread.
    There is a new series of London Kills just about to start.
    I could remember how the first series ended so I am watching that today, before the second series starts.
    I was having a look this morning, and noticed that all episodes of The Sopranos, The Wire, The Last Panthers, True Detective, and Ray Donovan are available.

Those looking for a bit of comedy should watch London Irish.

Reasonable foreign ones that I have recently watched are, Stockholm Requiem, Fenix, Public Enemy, The Truth Will Out, Rough Justice, Vanished by the Lake, Killer by the Lake, Alex, Before We Die, Blood Pact, Flight HS13, Maltese, Night and Day, Pakt, Rebecka Martinson.

Kiri is still available on CH4, I thought they might have had a second series by now.
    All episodes of Hidden, The Five, and Spooks are available.
    Series one of Save Me can be downloaded with series 2 ready to start in a minute.
    All of Deep State is available on Fox.
    Law and Order LA, is back on 5USA, I believe they only made the one series of this.
  • EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 7,958
    HAYSIE said:

I was having a look this morning, and noticed that all episodes of The Sopranos, The Wire, The Last Panthers, True Detective, and Ray Donovan are available.

Reasonable foreign ones that I have recently watched are, Stockholm Requiem, Fenix, Public Enemy, The Truth Will Out, Rough Justice, Vanished by the Lake, Killer by the Lake, Alex, Before We Die, Blood Pact, Flight HS13, Maltese, Night and Day, Pakt, Rebecka Martinson.

Kiri is still available on CH4, I thought they might have had a second series by now.

Spooks and The Wire were both awesome.
    Couldn't get into The Sopranos.
    Just about to start Ray Donovan-my wife loved it, apart from the last season.
    Essexphil said:

HAYSIE said:

Spooks and The Wire were both awesome.
    Couldn't get into The Sopranos.
    Just about to start Ray Donovan-my wife loved it, apart from the last season.
    I think they often run a successful series for too long, and run short of good material.
    I stopped watching stuff like Chicago Fire, Blue Bloods. Prison Break, and many others as they seemed to go on too long.
    I thought the early series of Ray Donovan were very good
    I enjoyed Spooks, The Wire, and The Sopranos.
    The Shield was ground breaking, and outstanding.
    I am enjoying it just as much second time around.
    I have also enjoyed many of the Walter Presents series on CH4.
    Homeland, and Line of Duty are both rightly coming to an end in my view,
    A common theme which seems to have been developed, is that a series often finishes with no ending.
    Just a question mark to kick off the next series.
    I often find it annoying to watch a whole series, with no ending.
    This never used to happen.
    I also find these cold case investigations into missing people, that go on for 5 or 6 episodes, without reaching any conclusion, very annoying.
    To spend 5 or 6 hours watching, without being any the wiser is a waste of time.

I just noticed Deadwood is available. There are 3 series. It was apparently knocked on the head, when they turned up to film series 4, but definitely worth a watch, as long as you don't mind a bit of swearing. It could have definitely won a most swearing award.
    The Deadwood movie is also available.
  • lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 6,968
    Years ago I got a mate to download/copy the entire series of The Sopranos onto dvd so I could binge watch them over a week while off work.Some of the dvd's were a bit dodgy recordings but I persevered with them.When it got to the final episode ending I was fuming as I thought the recording had **** up,I went to see him and made him make me a 'better' copy with the ending intact.Sat down and watched it again only for the same ending,It was only when everyone else started commenting on the ending that I realised what had happened was the ending,what a let down to one of the greatest series of all time.
  • safc71safc71 Member Posts: 1,541
    Love/Hate is about a Dublin drug gang and is worth a watch
    safc71 said:

Love/Hate is about a Dublin drug gang and is worth a watch

I really enjoyed it.
    lucy4 said:

Years ago I got a mate to download/copy the entire series of The Sopranos onto dvd so I could binge watch them over a week while off work.Some of the dvd's were a bit dodgy recordings but I persevered with them.When it got to the final episode ending I was fuming as I thought the recording had **** up,I went to see him and made him make me a 'better' copy with the ending intact.Sat down and watched it again only for the same ending,It was only when everyone else started commenting on the ending that I realised what had happened was the ending,what a let down to one of the greatest series of all time.

It was really disappointing, although this seems to be occurring much more often these days, that a series ends with a cliffhanger to create interest in the next series.
    Then they sometimes don't bother with another series.
    'The Shield' Actor Michael Jace Sentenced To 40 Years To Life For Killing Wife

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HQW1EQZrsw
  • tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,723
    Killing Eve
    Peep Show
  • bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,699
    There’s a fantastic bit in Last Panthers when the boss guy goes to get his haircut and takes in a photo of David Cameron. The reaction he gets when he comes out is golden script writing!