You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Site Issue Monday 1st March

Sky_AdamSky_Adam Member Posts: 419
edited March 2010 in Poker Chat
Hi Everyone,

There was an issue with our primary Internet Service Provider earlier this evening which caused a temporary loss of service across all of our products (Sky Poker, Bet, Vegas & Bingo). We have now failed over to our back up provider and everyone should now be able to continue playing.

All tournaments have resumed and will be played out, however, if anyone feels they have lost out financially then please contact our customer care team who will happily investigate and refund where appropriate.

Our C/Care team are extremely busy dealing with all of your queries, so we appreciate your patience and understanding for any delayed response.

Please accept our sincere apologies for this disruption in service.

Kind Regards

Adam

Comments

• Options
    JONONZIEJONONZIE Member Posts: 367
    edited March 2010
    In Response to Site Issue Monday 1st March:
    Hi Everyone, There was an issue with our primary Internet Service Provider earlier this evening which caused a temporary loss of service across all of our products (Sky Poker, Bet, Vegas & Bingo). We have now failed over to our back up provider and everyone should now be able to continue playing. All tournaments have resumed and will be played out, however, if anyone feels they have lost out financially then please contact our customer care team who will happily investigate and refund where appropriate. Our C/Care team are extremely busy dealing with all of your queries, so we appreciate your patience and understanding for any delayed response. Please accept our sincere apologies for this disruption in service. Kind Regards Adam
    Posted by Sky_Adam

this is a regular event Adam and you are loosing players!!! and were losing money!! is there a  reason for all theses breakdowns? and will the download client ( allegedlyon its way) fix the issue it would also be nice if you could explain how sky poker actually works and why it is different from other sites which don't have meltdowns
  • Options
    Sky_AdamSky_Adam Member Posts: 419
    edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Site Issue Monday 1st March:
    In Response to Site Issue Monday 1st March : this is a regular event Adam and you are loosing players!!! and were losing money!! is there a  reason for all theses breakdowns? and will the download client ( allegedlyon its way) fix the issue it would also be nice if you could explain how sky poker actually works and why it is different from other sites which don't have meltdowns
    Posted by JONONZIE
    The latest from our IT Team stated that this particular issue was caused by a catastrophic crash by our Internet Service Provider, which resulted in a complete Network failure of all our services. The issue was resolved by failing over to a back up provider.

Since the fault was a 3rd party ISP, this was completely out of the hands of our Technical Team and could not be forecast or prevented, therefore a download client would also have experienced the same issue.

Although a 3rd party was at fault, i am not trying to make excuses or suggest that it is ok for Sky Poker to crash, clearly we will be in discussion with the ISP to discuss why this happened and what they can do to prevent this happening again.

I'm sorry but I don't really have any other answers for you at this stage, all I can promise you is that we are extremely sorry for the disruption in service, we empathise with you all and are extremely grateful for your patience, understanding and loyalty.

Regards

Adam
  • Options
    ACESOVER8sACESOVER8s Member Posts: 1,307
    edited March 2010

As with your home connection Jononezie if you ISP goes down there is not a lot you can do about it (and i don't see that a  downloadable client would of solved this as we still wouldn't have been able to connect to skys server)

But with the secondary ISP it's working fine and we can get back to dropping bundles of cash (or is that just me lol)

• Options
    gloria59gloria59 Member Posts: 10
    edited March 2010
             Poker must be one of the few growth industries in this present economic climate and you guys are either trying to run this site on the cheap or someone decided to put a few unemployed bankers in charge.I look forward to playing on this site and not just for the great community spirit, i dont care if i get rivered coz that happens in the game called poker.However i do get wound up when im in a middle of a game and the site crashes again !Come on guys you have a great commodity here either increase your budget or increase the expertise in your personnel.I honestly do not know of any other high profile site that has as many problems as yours.You may thank me for my patience but i refuse to go cap in hand again asking for a refund.Like many of your other customers i do not want to give up on you guys but pleeeease get your act together. 
  • Options
    CowgomooCowgomoo Member Posts: 749
    edited March 2010
    lol so many moaners...it was down for like 10 minutes. And you will find that big sites like stars and tilt do experience difficulties some times, albeit not that often, they do happen.
  • Options
    Kiwini4uKiwini4u Member Posts: 3,830
    edited March 2010
    lol so many moaners...it was down for like 10 minutes. And you will find that big sites like stars and tilt do experience difficulties some times, albeit not that often, they do happen.
    Posted by Cowgomoo
    I agree, I was on one site, before Sky Poker came along, that was actually down for an entire week and even when they had "fixed" the problem it crashed every two or three days.
  • Options
    gloria59gloria59 Member Posts: 10
    edited March 2010
    Posted by Cowgomoo
    Have bin playing on this site 6 or 7 months now first time i have "moaned"sorry but i thought having a forum entitled me to an opinion. im sure other sites do have their problems but i dont play on them only this one.Understand problem was not all down to sky but didnt realise at the time as i was typing previous post.Your right, was down for 10 mins or so but still frustrating when in a game                                                                  
  • Options
    porter1989porter1989 Member Posts: 20
    edited March 2010

i was in a table earlier when it crashed - i could go on all of skys other sites but skypoker refused to open. I then got back on about half an hour later when my game had finished - and i had been blinded out as the game had carried on. As i say this was nothing to do with my connection as i could access all of skys other sites. The dissapointing thing for me was when i tried to tell customer services about this, and they give you generic answers they have copied and pasted from elsewhere (after asking the question 5 minutes beforehand). I like playing on Sky but if I dont get my money back for this tournament i'm going to take my custom elsewhere because unfortunately this isn't the first time this has happened either.

• Options
    paige55paige55 Member Posts: 2,953
    edited March 2010
    ive been with sky poker since 2006 and in that time. i have only known the site to crash on me 4 times.ok i dont play poker  every night, maybe i have been  lucky,or is it that  my account is with sky tv. sky internet and sky phone, you tell me.
  • Options
    pod1pod1 Member Posts: 4,377
    edited March 2010
    seems like back up is playin silly b u g g ers now (9.23 pm)
  • Options
    BowieBoyBowieBoy Member Posts: 266
    edited March 2010

Problem solved, thats the main thing......... and it does happen on other sites Jono, been there seen it.

• Options
    oynutteroynutter Member Posts: 4,772
    edited March 2010
    now look ere lads!!---as you all very well know, the last upgrade cost sky 56p, this money has to come from somewhere you know!---jeeeezzzz
  • Options
    MICKYBLUEMICKYBLUE Member Posts: 2,035
    edited March 2010
    now look ere lads!!---as you all very well know, the last upgrade cost sky 56p, this money has to come from somewhere you know!---jeeeezzzz
    Posted by oynutter
    lol..... that joke never gets old....... a quick stick up for sky post, any1 ever try get any money back on other sites???? its a complete nightmare, ive never had problem with sky always get my money back quickly
  • Options
    gooligangooligan Member Posts: 43
    edited March 2010

In Response to Site Issue Monday 1st March:

Hi Everyone, There was an issue with our primary Internet Service Provider earlier this evening which caused a temporary loss of service across all of our products (Sky Poker, Bet, Vegas & Bingo). We have now failed over to our back up provider and everyone should now be able to continue playing. All tournaments have resumed and will be played out, however, if anyone feels they have lost out financially then please contact our customer care team who will happily investigate and refund where appropriate. Our C/Care team are extremely busy dealing with all of your queries, so we appreciate your patience and understanding for any delayed response. Please accept our sincere apologies for this disruption in service. Kind Regards Adam
    Posted by Sky_Adam

There isn't somthing right with this.I got locked out at 5.50pm and by the time I got back in an hour later the blinds had taken their toll.I looked at my hand history and there were 3 people on my table still playing when I was locked out so it affected some and not others,if there was an ISP breakdown you would have thought everyone would have been affected?

Fair enough I got a refund and they still paid out on the tourney but can you imagine the **** that would have been raised if it happened in the Primo.