You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

NHS clapping

bert21bert21 Member Posts: 175
Would it be possible to alter the break at 7.55pm to 8 o'clock and last for 10 minutes whilst this Coronavirus is still going on so you don't lose to many chips if you want to go outside to show your support for our wonderful NHS

Comments

• Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,082
    bert21 said:

Would it be possible to alter the break at 7.55pm to 8 o'clock and last for 10 minutes whilst this Coronavirus is still going on so you don't lose to many chips if you want to go outside to show your support for our wonderful NHS

That's a lovely thought @bert21 but I doubt it can be done right now. Each MTT has it's own "template" & would need amending individually. The will is there but not the resource.
  • mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,336
    @hhyftrftdr you have shares in popcorn dont you.
  • stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,631
    i don,t know why politics is brought up in this thread its about supporting the magnificent NHS ffs
  • hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    NHS is politics, whether we like it or not.

Agreed they are magnificent. Which is why it's such a shame to see a fantastic institution, that we are very lucky to have, so underfunded and asset stripped by the Tory government over the last 10 years.

And now its really coming back to bite us on our backsides, when we need our NHS the most.

This should be making people angry.
  • misterpjmisterpj Member Posts: 3,204
    .and.the Dr..irony.

Open goal.shoots.misses.

Beyond.belief.

But, NilAdmirari.Esse.Quam.Videri.

Xxx
  • Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,473
    edited April 2020

Agreed they are magnificent. Which is why it's such a shame to see a fantastic institution, that we are very lucky to have, so underfunded and asset stripped by the Tory government over the last 10 years.

And now its really coming back to bite us on our backsides, when we need our NHS the most.

Even so
    They’re still doing an incredible job
  • EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 7,999
    The NHS has lots of marvellous, dedicated people within it. They deserve more than applause.

But as an organisation (as opposed to the individuals within it) it has serious shortcomings.

It is all too easy to blame Government for under-investment. But, given the massive investment it does receive, shouldn't the NHS be able to plan ahead?

It employs some 1.7million people, as of the last count I could find. It is the 5th largest employer in the world, and by far the biggest health employer. So why oh why are they unable to provide timely information, unlike the rest of the world?
  • hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    Jac35 said:

Even so
    Why the edit?

• Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,473

Jac35 said:

Even so
    Why the edit?

I didn’t want to derail the thread
    We all have our own opinions
  • safc71safc71 Member Posts: 1,541
    I want to know which lowlife was pinching my chips while i was applauding the NHS. Could you find out @Tikay10 and expel them please.
  • HENDRIK62HENDRIK62 Member Posts: 3,145
    misterpj said:

.and.the Dr..irony.

Open goal.shoots.misses.

Beyond.belief.

Xxx

wtf does this mean
    HENDRIK62 said:

misterpj said:

.and.the Dr..irony.

Open goal.shoots.misses.

Beyond.belief.

Xxx

wtf does this mean
    2 separate Latin phrases.

The first 2 words mean "be surprised by nothing"
    The rest? "To be, rather than to seem"-motto of various schools, and I think 1 US state.

Have you forgotten your Latin? Surely you studied Cicero?

I did. And I still don't know what he is trying to say. Although I would always say "nihil" rather than "nil" :)
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,082
    safc71 said:

I want to know which lowlife was pinching my chips while i was applauding the NHS. Could you find out @Tikay10 and expel them please.

@safc71

Outrageous.
    safc71 said:

On 1 of my tables, @pompeynic said he was going to leave for a while for this. I got everyone to slow right down. Then he didn't come back for 25 minutes, so we all started stealing his chips. Then he came back, and stole ours ;)
  • mnolan8317mnolan8317 Member Posts: 42
    I sat out my hands from 20:00 - 20:05 on Tuesday for clapping for Boris. 2 of players on table agreed they would sit out in the 220 but then one of them raised.

I think rather than applauding the NHS the front line workers would prefer a donation, that we all stay inside and lay off the junk food, booze and cigs. This is all a bit to much virtue signalling for my liking and many applauding will be laid in the part over the long weekend.

For the record I have volunteered to do the home based outbound calling for the NHS to support vulnerable people.
  • bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,701

I sat out my hands from 20:00 - 20:05 on Tuesday for clapping for Boris. 2 of players on table agreed they would sit out in the 220 but then one of them raised.

I think rather than applauding the NHS the front line workers would prefer a donation, that we all stay inside and lay off the junk food, booze and cigs. This is all a bit to much virtue signalling for my liking and many applauding will be laid in the part over the long weekend.

For the record I have volunteered to do the home based outbound calling for the NHS to support vulnerable people.

Absolutely. I haven't joined in for this reason, and can imagine the scorn of judgement being passed at our doorstep for not conforming. But I do have a little chortle to myself as my other half is an NHS employee, and so they're both applauding us and hating us in equal measure.

I think rather than the applause, the NHS workers would prefer people to conform to the lockdown measures, to not turn up to supermarkets during their designated shopping hours, and not to attack or threaten them for their staff ID badges for 25% off Deliveroo or whatever.
  • pompeynicpompeynic Member Posts: 2,821
    Essexphil said:

safc71 said:

On 1 of my tables, @pompeynic said he was going to leave for a while for this. I got everyone to slow right down. Then he didn't come back for 25 minutes, so we all started stealing his chips. Then he came back, and stole ours ;)
    That was very good of you @Essexphil , I got talking to my next door neighbour. First time in years. I wondered why my stack was still reasonably good. Then proceeded to find a run of hands that was very profitable. PLO8 brilliant fun but incredibly frustrating at the same time.