You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

laddering or lagging

TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,074
edited December 2021 in Strategy
Ok so I managed to win 50 cents with free spins on stars and decided to play a 90 runner 25c tourney.

Its a fun way to spend a couple of hours as the levels are 15 mins and its really just a giggle.

Long story short I lose a flip and end up with less than 2bb at levels 200/400/50. Next hand I get suited connectors (6,7 spades) and call from utg+1 the utg all in. I win and he goes mental ( he had KK) .

I explain that in that position and with no stack, blinds looming and what was already in the middle, calling was the only option.

A few hands later the bubble bursts and I'm still shortstack. Now I press the aggro button and really open my shoving range and he starts again with some really outrageous chat. That's fine, I'm immune to keyboard warriors and to be honest its providing some entertainment in my lockdown.

Now at this point another player asked me why I was suddenly very loose. Fair question and I explained that as where I was paid the same as 4 places higher I was in effect freerolling and therefore every play was +EV.

The table then began a spirited discussion over the merits of laddering over playing hard and whether ICM should be a part.

Strange chat for a 25c comp I thought.

Whats your opinion?

Mark

Comments