You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Is there any way to slow down the graphics on the tables? My computer is horribly lagging

This time last year, I was able to play 5 tables reasonably well, with a small bit of lag. Sometimes I could get up to 6 for a brief period.

Now on the same computer, even 4 tables has a lot of lag. I have to drop down to 3 or sometimes 2 tables so I can play properly without timing out (I will click a button to make a decision and it can't register in time before I time out).

Is there any way to slow down or change the graphics? Or anything else I can do to make sky poker run smoothly when playing a lot of tables?

Comments

• Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 158,809

@Aerionz

I'll tag @mumsie for you mate, he may be able to offer some advice.
  • Itsover4uItsover4u Member Posts: 1,529
    @Aerionz when you open a table click options top left - displays - then detailed graphics turn to off
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 158,809

Thanks Danny @Itsover4u
  • mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,268
    HI @Aerionz .

Im not exactly sure.

However, Im currently having problems with my tables too.

Ive been wondering if my PC is packing up, and im trying a few things.

I hope your problem is the same as mine, that would eliminate my PC being about to die.

There are better experts than me around here, when these problems arise I normally prod around and suggest random stuff, then somone else comes along and throws in a final fix.

For starters can you describe in more detail whats going wrong, also what machine you have with a screeshot of the specs

For comparison sake, heres what is happing with my PC.

I normally 2-4-6 tables with ease. suddenly about a week ago, whenever I open a table the graphics of the whole PC go haywire graphically.

When i open another tables, the graphics repeat their tantrum, the 2 tables become unreadable.

This seems to settle after a mnute or so, but can flare up if I open another window through Chrome.

Is your problem similar?

My attempts at solving this is to not play via the browse/chrome. I use the download client instead. This seems to work, but still has me baffled.

Ive also been through my program list and uninstalled progrmas that I dont need or can do without presently.

I found a graphics driver that i didnt need, uninstalled that too.

• AerionzAerionz Member Posts: 84
    Thanks @Tikay10 for directing me to the right people!

Thanks @Itsover4u that suggestion helped quite a bit. There is still some lag, but no where near as much as before and it makes things playable again.

@mumsie itsover4u's suggestion helped a lot. My problem is just that it lagged a lot when I played more than 2-3 tables (so much that I would click a button at the top of the timer, and it wouldn't register and time me out). My problem doesn't sound the same as yours. Do you have a busted graphics card by any chance? Tried different internet browsers? Tried the downloadable client? Tried it'sover4u's suggestion?

Cba to screenshot the specs :P But my computer is about 6 years old now.
  • K0BAYASHlK0BAYASHl Member Posts: 2,027
    edited April 2020
    You come here for help and then CBA to take a screen shot... when people like Mumsie puts effort into a post...
  • madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,296
    Aerionz said:

Thanks @Itsover4u that suggestion helped quite a bit. There is still some lag, but no where near as much as before and it makes things playable again.

@mumsie itsover4u's suggestion helped a lot. My problem is just that it lagged a lot when I played more than 2-3 tables (so much that I would click a button at the top of the timer, and it wouldn't register and time me out). My problem doesn't sound the same as yours. Do you have a busted graphics card by any chance? Tried different internet browsers? Tried the downloadable client? Tried it'sover4u's suggestion?

Have you tried buying a new laptop? >:)
    madprof said:

Aerionz said:

Have you tried buying a new laptop? >:)
    Are there laptops than can 3 screen ?
  • madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,296
    Might be easier...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sIw9zUB6-o

Ive got spare monitor if you want it? pm me and we can 'chat' ( just pay postage..)
    madprof said:

Might be easier...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sIw9zUB6-o

Ive got spare monitor if you want it? pm me and we can 'chat' ( just pay postage..)

I have a few monitors spare, cheers for offer.

This is worth £11 all day..worth a look. cheers again.
  • AerionzAerionz Member Posts: 84
    edited April 2020
    K0BAYASHl said:

You come here for help and then CBA to take a screen shot... when people like Mumsie puts effort into a post...

I appreciate the advice and didn't mean it in a bad way. But I can't buy a new computer right now, so there's not much I can do there.
  • JacquelynJacquelyn Member Posts: 254
    Itsover4u said:

@Aerionz when you open a table click options top left - displays - then detailed graphics turn to off

Hi there,

Do you have a before and after screenshot of what this does?

I tried to do this - i went to 'options' > 'display' then 'detailed animations - OFF'... but couldn't see any difference in the table before and after?

I play 10 tables at same time and the lag gets so bad that my download client crashes every 45 minutes, every session... the software can't cope with the number of tables I play and the well known memory leak problem eventually crashes the software.... would this suggestion of yours help this situation?

Thank you for your help @Itsover4u