You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Mini UKOPS Charity Side Bet.

Comments

• waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,012
    NOSTRI said:

bbMike said:

On the results collation, you could set up a spreadsheet with individual tabs for each person, restricted to the entry cells only, then a locked summary tab that pulls the results through.

Would mean minimal admin, just sorting the summary table - but however you want to do it :)

Don't you worry your pretty little heads about this. Will be bringing my A+ Pivot Tables game to this. It's looking even easier than I thought; should be able to fully automate it based on form responses.

Working in teams is going to be trickier if we go that route. Will manage though.

Will get everything done and sorted by the time entries for this are closed.

What's the plan for collecting and holding and then disbursing money, by the way? @waller02
    With @StayOrGo annual Heads Up game for Charity people just sent screenshots of their donations. That will do for me, I'm sure nobody will enter and then not donate.
  • FeelGroggyFeelGroggy Member Posts: 824
    Allan23 said:

I think the duo teams worked well for the main ukops. Kept it interesting to the end and made for added ribbing opportunity when one guy is hundreds in the hole and the other isn't :D

31 hundred's if we're being exact :'(

Good luck everyone in the challenge. With the bigger field sizes scooping those big points will be much more difficult and getting those min cashes more important. Everyone should have a fighting chance till the last day.
    Phantom66 said:

I have a bingo machine that I haven't put to good use for a while

Thanks mate. Are you joining us?
  • Allan23Allan23 Member Posts: 863

Allan23 said:

I think the duo teams worked well for the main ukops. Kept it interesting to the end and made for added ribbing opportunity when one guy is hundreds in the hole and the other isn't :D

Good luck everyone in the challenge. With the bigger field sizes scooping those big points will be much more difficult and getting those min cashes more important. Everyone should have a fighting chance till the last day.
    I was going to say thousands but didn't want to make it obvious - didn't take you long to recoup those losses I see!

The far bigger fields will mean way fewer points needed to win it than the main UKOPS leaderboard for sure. Might read up the rules of plo8 and fire it as it'll probs be the smallest field :D
  • bigfatfishbigfatfish Member Posts: 39
    I'll enter please guys
  • miniman88miniman88 Member Posts: 134
    GL all. From the other thread, best to keep one person in charge of the overall results. Maybe you could change the point system a little, with the field sizes being huge.
  • miniman88miniman88 Member Posts: 134
    Allan23 said:

Allan23 said:

I was going to say thousands but didn't want to make it obvious - didn't take you long to recoup those losses I see!

The far bigger fields will mean way fewer points needed to win it than the main UKOPS leaderboard for sure. Might read up the rules of plo8 and fire it as it'll probs be the smallest field :D
    310 tenners doesn't sound as bad
    edited April 2020
    miniman88 said:

GL all. From the other thread, best to keep one person in charge of the overall results. Maybe you could change the point system a little, with the field sizes being huge.

Is everybody happy with the points system? Corey makes a good point about the field sizes, I'm open to suggestions if anybody fancies making a few tweaks?

1st - 15
    2nd -12
    3rd - 9
    4th- 8
    5th -7
    6th -6
    7th-10th - 4
    11th - 20th - 2
    Any other cash - 1

How about that? Any input appreciated.
  • NOSTRINOSTRI Member Posts: 1,459
    Here's the submission form we'll be using. Might want to edit it into the OP, @waller02. I'll add new names as they come.

https://forms.gle/54HC5w5BFfrMjpo98

I'll post the results spreadsheet once participants and teams are finalised.
    NOSTRI said:

Here's the submission form we'll be using. Might want to edit it into the OP, @waller02. I'll add new names as they come.

https://forms.gle/54HC5w5BFfrMjpo98

I'll post the results spreadsheet once participants and teams are finalised.

Sorted cheers. What are your thoughts with the scoring? With the bigger field sizes it does seem fairer to award more points ftw as well as adding in extra points for a top 20.
  • Shelley7Shelley7 Member Posts: 128
    I'm keen, please put me down. This will make me play more which is great, plus the altruism aspect! It's a great idea.

Where do we send the £20 quid to, how will that be sorted?

Happy for teams, liked that aspect of the main UKOPS one, and kept it interesting until the end.

Dibs on the name: Team A, want to grab that before it's inevitably snatched up :D!

So two leaderboards, one will be profit and teams and other will just be points and team/individual, how will it work?

• NOSTRINOSTRI Member Posts: 1,459
    Haven't a clue, to be honest. I agree that winners and final tablists, at minimum, should be awarded proportionally higher points. As far as the absolute values, haven't got a clue.

One option might be awarding points based on the proportion of the prizepool you win? So assuming first place is 25% of the pool, they would get 25 points or some multiple of it, and so on.
    Shelley7 said:

I'm keen, please put me down. This will make me play more which is great, plus the altruism aspect! It's a great idea.

Where do we send the £20 quid to, how will that be sorted?

Happy for teams, liked that aspect of the main UKOPS one, and kept it interesting until the end.

Dibs on the name: Team A, want to grab that before it's inevitably snatched up :D!

So two leaderboards, one will be profit and teams and other will just be points and team/individual, how will it work?

In mate.

It will be the team points total and team profits total. So if a team mate is having a stinker the other one can save the day. I will update OP to make it a bit clearer. You just need to donate £10 to both the winning teams (or £20 if one team wins both) chosen charity, then send a screenshot of the donation for confirmation.
    NOSTRI said:

Haven't a clue, to be honest. I agree that winners and final tablists, at minimum, should be awarded proportionally higher points. As far as the absolute values, haven't got a clue.

One option might be awarding points based on the proportion of the prizepool you win? So assuming first place is 25% of the pool, they would get 25 points or some multiple of it, and so on.

That would be a bit of a ballache I think. I'm updating the OP now to clear a couple of things up and I'll give the points system a tweak. Then people can raise any objections with it or suggest something else. The original points system was for the main UKOPS with a lot smaller fields
  • Summers119Summers119 Member Posts: 193
    Im in!
  • Allan23Allan23 Member Posts: 863
    Points system looks fine to me. Don't want to make the 1st place points awarded too much imo, as although bigger fields means its more difficult to win one, if someone does win one it could be done and dusted
  • Phantom66Phantom66 Member Posts: 5,542
    waller02 said:

Phantom66 said:

It was an obscure reference to doing the draw "HUFA" style - which probably whooshed 99% of the audience.

Sorry but I don't have the roll to have a serious tilt at this but I will watch with interest.

GL.
  • EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,269
    I don't play enough to warrant being in this but I'm quite happy to donate £10 to each of the winner's charities. Please remind me when I need to do so!
  • mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,268
    I was on the fence about getting involved.

And then the bingo machine gets mentioned.

Its a deal, Its a steal its the sale of the century.

In please.

Phantom66 said:

waller02 said:

Phantom66 said:

It was an obscure reference to doing the draw "HUFA" style - which probably whooshed 99% of the audience.

Sorry but I don't have the roll to have a serious tilt at this but I will watch with interest.

GL.
    Yeah I remember, you filmed the draws. Long time ago that was.