You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

ME line turn decision?

YOUNG_GUNYOUNG_GUN Member Posts: 8,948
edited April 2020 in The Poker Clinic
Hi all, i assume some people know off me but i haven't played much on here the last few years.. however this week i have played a couple of days now. I am just checking my line here really, as i might be a bit rusty.

Mid to late stage, around 90 players left irrc

Person who opens is playing a few pots and got me off a few hands, they probably see me as easy money and have bullied off a couple of smaller pots. As ever i do play a few pots and i dont fold too often so he could just think im super spewy and a station

Pre- I assume is standard, i dont really gain any value by blotting the pot.

Flop i wanted to get him to get in with alot of PP/hands that he thinks he has good equity or make it look like i was repping what i have lol

Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance
RANGERSCHA Small blind 400.00 400.00 31996.00
YOUNG_GUN Big blind 800.00 1200.00 35572.50
Your hole cards
A

Fordwych Fold
Buttafngrs Raise 1600.00 2800.00 44099.50
Daveeboy Fold
Max_Bear Fold
RANGERSCHA Fold
YOUNG_GUN Call 800.00 3600.00 34772.50
Flop

A
A

YOUNG_GUN Check
Buttafngrs Bet 1200.00 4800.00 42899.50
YOUNG_GUN Raise 3200.00 8000.00 31572.50
Buttafngrs Call 2000.00 10000.00 40899.50
Turn

YOUNG_GUN Bet 5000.00 15000.00 26572.50
Buttafngrs Call 5000.00 20000.00 35899.50
River

WWYD (usually drink usually dance usually bubble)

Sorry hasnt brought over the suits but irrelvant other than i had A10 hh no flush draws involved this hand

Comments

• Options
    LARSON7LARSON7 Member Posts: 4,491
    edited April 2020
    Hi mate, hope you are doing well.

On the flop, when you decide to raise, could have went a tad bigger. Calling maybe better, we are folding out a lot of worse hands when we raise and are flagging up the fact we have atleast an ace in our hand.

Once we are called on the flop after raising, we need to be really aware there's a good chance we don't have the best hand here. Would he be opening ace 8 or 9 from that positio pre?

As played on the flop maybe check the turn?!

We certainly can't bet turn and river for value, and when we bet the turn we are really committing ourselves, with just over a pot sized bet behind. Overall, would really like a x call on the flop, it keeps our range wider and also that of our opponent.

• Options
    edited April 2020
    Hello mate, thank you for your response. I am good a bit of boredom with everything going on so brought me back here for a dabble. Hope you are good mate?

Yeah i agree with you here, it doesn't make too much sense my raise other than i wanted him to go silly with a PP or another hand, once he calls i dont really like it hence the tricky spot, half aiming to get it in here deliberate.

Ill wait for a few more responses
  • Options
    mnolan8317mnolan8317 Member Posts: 48
    If I am reading the hand correctly I hate the check raise.

I think a lead out looks better for me here with a check on the turn on most turn cards if he calls as you are not going to get 3 streets of value with A10 here. I am only check raising 6s, AK, AQ, A6 or complete air here.

Once you check call I would probably check call all 3 streets and let him go mad with a hand like J10, QK etc.

Welcome back to the tables.
  • Options
    LARSON7LARSON7 Member Posts: 4,491
    Doing good buddy, despite the strange circumstances we find ourselves in.

Also time is totally flying by!

Good to see you back, and see you at the tables soon.
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    Good to see you back, hope you are well.
    Really not a fan of the flop raise. How often are you doing this with 6x or as a bluff?

What's the logic with leading out nolan? Surely its a board that our opponent will c bet a lot and by leading we may get them to fold some of that range?

I just think we should call flop which we would do with 6x so opponent may fire again.
  • Options
    Cheers all, i agree its a very odd line here and quite specific if im honest, this has probably caused more problems down the streets as played.

River I check, they checked behind. I was checking to get them to bluff really as i didn't think they 100% call my shove and if they did i knew it wasn't pretty.

Turns out they had A4 so i was good but i was just thinking whether i missed out value OTR and should have just shoved, my thoughts were if they were bluffing they can bluff off the stack. Shoving wasn't a bad option, because i was calling anything from here.

Thank you for your responses, i did think the flop does look bad but still wanted thoughts on the river.

@MattBates good to see you at the tables mate, as ever i am sure you are crushing! i dont think you read the chat or maybe you are banned lol
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,171
    Matt crushes so well he wins comps he isn't even regged for.

I must admit looking at the hand once he calls your flop raise you have to think you are either way ahead or way behind.

Personally I'd have just tried to get to showdown as cheaply as I could and if he shoves at any point its a crying call.