You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

can you create a private table?

can you create a private table?

Answers

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,268

Hi @Lairdford

Unfortunately, Sky Poker do not currently offer this.
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,111
    Would it be worthwhile having this answer at the top as a lot of people ask this question...
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Essexphil said:

Would it be worthwhile having this answer at the top as a lot of people ask this question...

@Essexphil,

Maybe, but they ask the questions on different "Boards" each time, as they are unfamiliar with how the Forum works - this one is in Poker Clinic for example.

I'm more than happy to answer each time they ask though.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Fair enough.

There needs to be a serious pruning of the Boards, mind. There appears to be 19 boards.
    Because this is indicative that newcomers find it impossible to navigate...
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Essexphil said:

Fair enough.

There needs to be a serious pruning of the Boards, mind. There appears to be 19 boards.

@Essexphil

Yes, that's very fair comment.

I've been tinkering under the bonnet to see how best to do that, so I'm hopeful that I can prune it quite soon, I just need to be careful I don't break anything.

Thankfully, Forum traffic is extremely strong at the moment, so I need to proceed carefully.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

Essexphil said:

Fair enough.

@Essexphil

I've been tinkering under the bonnet to see how best to do that, so I'm hopeful that I can prune it quite soon, I just need to be careful I don't break anything.

Thankfully, Forum traffic is extremely strong at the moment, so I need to proceed carefully.
    Would it be possible for the default setting to be "Discussions" rather than individual boards?
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

Tikay10 said:

Essexphil said:

Fair enough.

@Essexphil

Would it be possible for the default setting to be "Discussions" rather than individual boards?
    If only, I think that's by far the best way of doing it, as it keeps all the Posts from every Board at the top. Not sure I can do that though, but we shall see, I'm looking at it.
  • Options
    benhur7200benhur7200 Member Posts: 77
    the question was, "can you create a private table"., perhaps the question was can Sky Poker create a private table/game, as in add it into the software etc for it to be possible. it wasn't a question of whether its on offer or not, rather than can it be possible. I personally would love to see this, especially with this lockdown in effect. lots of pub poker leagues missing out on poker nights with friends etc. I know pokerstars do this, it would be a good feature for sky poker to introduce , more business and new players may like skys format and stay for many years to come. im sure the wisdom of a true gent like Tikay could petition for this, fingers crossed
  • Options

the question was, "can you create a private table"., perhaps the question was can Sky Poker create a private table/game, as in add it into the software etc for it to be possible. it wasn't a question of whether its on offer or not, rather than can it be possible. I personally would love to see this, especially with this lockdown in effect. lots of pub poker leagues missing out on poker nights with friends etc. I know pokerstars do this, it would be a good feature for sky poker to introduce , more business and new players may like skys format and stay for many years to come. im sure the wisdom of a true gent like Tikay could petition for this, fingers crossed

@benhur7200

My wisdom or otherwise won't help I'm afraid, as the Business has no plans to add such a feature to the current platform.
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,404
    PPPoker do this.
  • Options

PokerStars - why are Sky Poker's step-dad - do it too.
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,283
    Tikay10 said:

PokerStars - why are Sky Poker's step-dad - do it too.

Yeah but its like a step dad you really don't like, cos like well he's putting it to your Mum and he aint your real Dad