You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Help with getting SkyPoker to work with the latest Adobe Air update on Mac?

This is probably old age and lack of technical skills, but since the latest update I'm unable to get the download client to work.

When I open the Sky App I get the following message:

Only trouble is, no password I've ever used works (not that I can remember ever setting something for Adobe anyway), I can't find any listing for Adobe.APS anywhere in my keychain nor can I find a "PrivateEncryptedDatak" keychain.

Have no issues with any other apps, just Sky/Adobe Air.

Has anyone else encountered this during recent updates and know how to overcome?

For the record, I've deleted all adobe and sky, turned the laptop off and on again, re-installed and still have the same problem.

ps is there anything in the pipeline I've missed about the Pokerstars takeover and new software release that doesn't required Adobe? :smile:

Comments

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,083
    edited May 2019
    @shakingaces

I can't help with any of that mate, but hopefully someone will be along in a bit to help, maybe @mumsie or one of the other helpful sorts we have here. If not, I'll have a word with the office in the morning.

What I can remove from the equation is any correlation to PokerStars, there has been zero integration or transition between the two platforms so far.
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,336
    edited May 2019
    HI @Shakingaces , I dont know the answer to this, I use the browser these days.

Ive fired up the download client and uploaded Adobe air, and it isnt happening on my PC.

I see someone with a similar problem, maybe this will help.

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2411193

• Options
    tai-gartai-gar Member Posts: 2,590
    I think you just need to put in your computer password?
  • Options
    HENDRIK62HENDRIK62 Member Posts: 3,145
    what was the update @shakinaces?

I had problems once before with adobe, never seen that message though, have you tried what tia gar suggested, it could be your macs pass
  • Options
    dobiesdrawdobiesdraw Member Posts: 2,793
    I think you have to be on dial up , in order for sky to work :D
  • Options
    shakinacesshakinaces Member Posts: 1,590
    @Tikay10 was just hoping we might be on the PS software soon (although still 'Sky' other than that) as I've never had problems with that client and may mean I can get back in the game a bit easier than fixing whatever bug this is :smiley:

@tai-gar and @HENDRIK62 that was what I was trying at first, as I assumed it was the same as all other 'first download' of new or updated apps wanting permission to run, but no joy. Have tried every password I've used on this laptop past and present (hope it isn't a virus that is just robbing all my passwords :lol: ) but none of them work :disappointed:

It was the latest AdobeAir that seemed to KO it, rather than a Sky update?

@mumsie ty for the suggestion, have had that issue before as well :lol: but the other pop-ups (when I encounter them) all accept my passwords. It's just this one that seems to have an unknown password and no way of overriding it.

I've even tried setting up an entirely new keychain, with the annoyance of everything else that resets, but still doesn't allow me to get into SkyPoker.

Meh, ah well, will keep an eye out if anyone else encounters similar issues and finds a workaround, else may just have to take it as a hint that its time to go play somewhere else :neutral:
  • Options
    dobiesdrawdobiesdraw Member Posts: 2,793
  • Options
    TY but unfortunately I have gone through the keychain reset. It does the job of clearing everything else, but the Adobe/Sky doesn't even seem to exist, so I can't even reset it lol. I have altered view to see all hidden / invisible items but there's just nothing there :disappointed:
  • Options
    FTR if anyone stumbles upon this, I found no solution to the original problem.

Logging on as a guest account every time I use Sky works though, seemingly flushing through whatever rogue password the Adobe Air is storing every time I exit the account.
  • Options
    So after taking the latest system update, I couldn't even get on to the SkyPoker app via Guest account.

After half an hour of digging around in techie forums I found this page that gives the reason why Adobe AIR doesn't work properly on recent operating systems (and in turn then, neither does SkyPoker) - plus a pretty quick and easy hack to get around the system quarantine and allow things to work normally again.

Posting in case any other Mac pokerfish like me encounter the problem and want to get online without tearing out too much hair.

https://support.trainerroad.com/hc/en-us/articles/360034878072-How-to-Use-the-Workout-Creator-on-macOS-Catalina#h_650876de-3508-406d-890a-a9cf2b99bc49
  • Options
    Itsover4uItsover4u Member Posts: 1,534
    I run macbook - it is either your computer login password or app store password cant remember which :)
  • Options
    iRiverUiRiverU Member Posts: 16

So after taking the latest system update, I couldn't even get on to the SkyPoker app via Guest account.

After half an hour of digging around in techie forums I found this page that gives the reason why Adobe AIR doesn't work properly on recent operating systems (and in turn then, neither does SkyPoker) - plus a pretty quick and easy hack to get around the system quarantine and allow things to work normally again.

Posting in case any other Mac pokerfish like me encounter the problem and want to get online without tearing out too much hair.

https://support.trainerroad.com/hc/en-us/articles/360034878072-How-to-Use-the-Workout-Creator-on-macOS-Catalina#h_650876de-3508-406d-890a-a9cf2b99bc49

Thanks @shakinaces and all getting involved here, this helped out big time today. Frustration was starting to kick-in! Sky support were unsure, so it just goes to show it is always worth a quick search on the forum. Cheers and 'GL' at the tables.