You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

the total player mentors

N1CKN1CK Member Posts: 1,453
edited March 2010 in Poker Chat
how qualified are you guys to be mentoring the total players? i know Edd Giddins is a solid player with some nice little mtt results, David Tuckman is a good cash player but not sure about his mtts, and Matt Broughton talks a good game but i dont really know much about him? just for a bit of fun i think the T.P mentors should post their poker CVs and let the judges be judged!

Comments

• Options
    webby234webby234 Member Posts: 1,781
    edited March 2010
    not really sure how any of these guys are qualified for this job, dont get me wrong they are all great players in their own rights, but i would imagine this is a bit of a learning experience for them aswell, this is the first time this has been done by sky so maybe next time these 3 can seriously say to themselves i would have done that differently, i havent really kept up with TP since getting rejected by matt (wrong pick matt!!!! lol)

but they will probably do a splendid job but i would be very surprised if they didnt learn something along the way
  • Options
    IMAROCKIMAROCK Member Posts: 135
    edited March 2010
    i have most respect for edd,, matt is also a quality player,, the rest are!! well it goes without saying,, dave tuckman should sell houses on bbc2 :P
  • Options
    lJAMESllJAMESl Member Posts: 591
    edited March 2010
    Being an ex total player (lol) I think honestly that there are a few players that are better players than the actual mentors and a few mentors that are better than the players. I think thats probably more credit to the players abilities rather than a negative comment about the mentors though.
  • Options
    ajs4385ajs4385 Member Posts: 455
    edited March 2010

I have never played Tuckman, but I have played Ed and Matt and their abilities seem to be comparable to a 50Nl reg such as Boonicon, 5toneface, etc. I believe 100Nl regs such as Cottlad are better.

• Options
    edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: the total player mentors:
    I have never played Tuckman, but I have played Ed and Matt and their abilities seem to be comparable to a 50Nl reg such as Boonicon, 5toneface, etc. I believe 100Nl regs such as Cottlad are better.
    Posted by ajs4385
    so what your saying is they sit and wait for premium hands and only have one gear?
  • Options
    scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited March 2010
    lol @ 5tone having one gear

EDIT:  I would imagine that any play that the 'mentors' make during PTP should be taking with a pince of salt.  The job of the PTP is softplay and have 'banter' with the fish of the site, not take their money by doing higher level stuff.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    ajs4385 when you played them did they give you "banter"?......
  • Options
    ajs4385ajs4385 Member Posts: 455
    edited March 2010
    It was on ptp, I actually thought what you put when I typed the message. However, Ed tried knocking me off a pot, but he ended up spewing a full stack at 200nl to me. As for doing higher level stuff, they wernt always getting more basic stuff right.

Thing is if they where really good at poker they would be playing and making a fortune for themselves not presenting a show on tv.

They are good at poker dont get me wrong but not anywhere near as good as people think.

If they wanna prove me wrong and show they are better than I think, I am on most nights so they are more than welcome to join my table.
  • Options
    cottladcottlad Member Posts: 439
    edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: the total player mentors : so what your saying is they sit and wait for premium hands and only have one gear?
    Posted by N1CK
    Oi!!!  I resemble that comment!!
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    It was on ptp, I actually thought what you put when I typed the message. However, Ed tried knocking me off a pot, but he ended up spewing a full stack at 200nl to me. As for doing higher level stuff, they wernt always getting more basic stuff right. Thing is if they where really good at poker they would be playing and making a fortune for themselves not presenting a show on tv. They are good at poker dont get me wrong but not anywhere near as good as people think. If they wanna prove me wrong and show they are better than I think, I am on most nights so they are more than welcome to join my table.
    Posted by ajs4385
                                                                                                                                                                                            i think you summed it up perfectly rite and i cant see Giddins and Broughton sitting at your table for a reasonable session, i dont think they have the minerals