You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

What exactly is the Forum Comp?

thedazzmanthedazzman Member Posts: 933
Since I have been somewhat active on these forums the last couple weeks, I have noticed a daily forum comp.

Until now, I have basically just skipped past it because it contained horse racing etc, and I don't know anything about that at all. But I see there is a poll to change this to some football tomorrow. So what does this forum comp entail?

If it is free, I would definitely like to take part as there is nothing to lose apart from not having a bit of fun !!

I apologise if there is a post somewhere explaining this that I have missed.

Thanks

Best Answer

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,128
    edited May 2020 Answer ✓
    @thedazzman

It's completely free to enter.

It is a weekly comp, Monday to Sunday, then it resets.

3 prizes - 1st gets Free Entry to a £33 MTT, 2nd gets Free entry to the £11 Mini Major on Sunday, 3rd gets Free Entry into any £5.50 Mini. We only get 40 to 50 entries each day, so you have a decent chance.

It's usually two horse races or a football match with 2 markets (1-2-X & Total Goals), and sometimes, usually once a week, we do Darts , 1-2-X & Most 180's. We mostly do football, but due to lockdown it's been horse racing from the USA for a month or so. When football gets going again properly, we'll do football most days.

You get two £1 "virtual" bets every day, & the winner is the one with most profit at the end of the week.

You can join today if you want, gives you a chance to see how it works.

Note - for each day you fail to make any selection, you get "charged" a virtual £1 bet for each event. So you'd start this week £8 in arrears, but its up to you, you have nothing to lose.

Answers

• Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,343
    I dont think anyone really knows what its about.

I just copy what other people put, which gets me nowhere.
  • Options
    bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,701
    Betting with virtual £1 stakes, a freebie. Runs Monday-Sun, top 3 given tournament entries. Have a bash.
  • Options
    thedazzmanthedazzman Member Posts: 933
    Thanks guys for the explanation. Totally cleared that up.

Sounds very fun and interesting, especially being free and with some nice prizes on offer. I'll defo be joining in next week.

Unfortunately @Tikay10 I am just about to start a back shift, so unable to try it out today. However, I will read through some of the previous comp posts fully later and I am sure I will pick it up quickly as your explanation was very clear.

Has anyone ever turned one of the winning tickets into a FT or even a win?

I'm looking forward to losing my virtual money, rather than the usual real chips at the poker table :D
  • Options
    camilogcamilog Member Posts: 347
    How do you enter this competition please??
  • Options
    aynaricolaynaricol Member Posts: 318
    @thedazzman thank you for asking this - I have been wondering the same thing myself! I'll try and get involved this week :)
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,128
    camilog said:

How do you enter this competition please??

@camilog

Just look for the thread which goes up every day. Tomorrow's thread will go up at about 6.45pm tonight, and that pattern repeats - give or take an hour - every night.

The thread title will be something like "Forum Comp Day 1, MONDAY" (followed by the time & venue of the 2 races).

The week runs Monday to Sunday, so no point entering today, but you'll be very welcome as & from tomorrow.