You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Whats the correct procedure here?

mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,354
edited May 2020 in Poker Chat
Not me.

Someone I chat to at the table, told me a few months agot he was being stalked at the tables by a player who he suffered a badbeat upon

At the time I suggested to him, if he still felt persecuted, to get in touch with skypoker Customer services and they might give him a new screen name.

That was the last i heard

Until tonight, when the UKOPS dictate 4NL is my limit.
'

And he tells me, after all these weeks ,every table my friend he sits at , the same person waits for a seat.

He has confronted him and asked him to please stop, but his persuer hasnt abaited , and my friend has asked what he can do as his enjoyment is being screwed .

And it actually isnt me.lol.

Comments

• Options
    EvilPinguEvilPingu Member Posts: 3,462
    By 'stalked', are we purely talking about the player sitting and/or jumping on the WL every time this player sits, or is there stuff in table chat etc too?

By 'every table' are we on about 100% of all the games your friend sits in, or they just get followed around once the villain notices them playing?

It's a d1ck move but there's no rule that says you can't bumhunt, so there's not a whole lot that can be done about it IMO unless they're using a seat script to find them or there's chat abuse.
  • Options
    Ok.

It's actually just bumhunting .
  • Options
    CammykazeCammykaze Member Posts: 1,397
    Stalked or bumhunted?

Stalking is a weird one. No rules.

Bumhunting is fine as well. No rules in place. Poker is a lawless game at times, for better or for worse :)
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    It's as simple as, player A sits down, player B joins list.
    Player B sits.

Player A moves.
    Player B follows.

Repeat.
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    mumsie said:

Not me.

Someone I chat to at the table, told me a few months agot he was being stalked at the tables by a player who he suffered a badbeat upon

At the time I suggested to him, if he still felt persecuted, to get in touch with skypoker Customer services and they might give him a new screen name.

'

And he tells me, after all these weeks ,every table my friend he sits at , the same person waits for a seat.

He has confronted him and asked him to please stop, but his persuer hasnt abaited , and my friend has asked what he can do as his enjoyment is being screwed .

No way this should happen. They change name and it gives them a big advantage over others in terms of knowledge of playing styles etc. You need to think about the precedent that could be set here.

If someone is just sitting on their tables and not saying anything then it’s fine. Is it that they don’t like playing against this specific player?
  • Options
    CammykazeCammykaze Member Posts: 1,397
    mumsie said:

It's as simple as, player A sits down, player B joins list.
    Player B sits.

Player A moves.
    Player B follows.

Repeat.

Yeah, I'm still not sure on the procedure query though :)

What should the procedure be? A quiet word with player B? Ignore them? ;)
  • Options
    tai-gartai-gar Member Posts: 2,591
    Take advantage of it I say. If the other player knows his/her game then the same must apply. Be just as canny.
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,634
    I'd turn it around and sit on every table they are on ,give them something to think about till I got bored anyway
  • Options
    glencoeladglencoelad Member Posts: 1,505
    MattBates said:

mumsie said:

Not me.

'

No way this should happen. They change name and it gives them a big advantage over others in terms of knowledge of playing styles etc. You need to think about the precedent that could be set here.

If someone is just sitting on their tables and not saying anything then it’s fine. Is it that they don’t like playing against this specific player?
    Perhaps sky could change the rule , let players change name weekly as some other sites do . This would also help the rec players more IMO which most on sky are, I do keep my same player name on each site, but like the idea.
  • Options
    Robbo67Robbo67 Member Posts: 92
    Interesting Mumsie - I had a very similar situation at 4nl (cough cough)

My KK beat victims AA all in pre, cue lots of abuse which I can understand (get it out the system eh).

Abuser left so I joined their next table and low and behold they berate every other persons play when they lose to a worse hand pre.

The 'victim' also chooses to tell all other players on the table that I only play premiums, work for sky, site is rigged etc etc bla bla bla and in general not nice chat which again i dont care about.

If I choose to sit at that persons table today, tomorrow, every day or never again and just play poker and abide by the rules surely that is ok?

I'm a rubbish playing fish anyway that loves playing micro stakes poker so cant imagine why this 'victim' wouldnt want to be at my table anyway.

Just thought i would mention this Mumsie because i'm sure the 'other person' to who came to you may have a version that differs.

Good luck
  • Options
    jordz16jordz16 Member Posts: 2,253
    I had a similar situation with a well known reg about 4 years ago, at first I think I was being “bumhunted” but it got more progressive to the point theyd find my table in Heads up SNGs and MTTs (sometimes to play against me but often theyd join tables they werent playing in) and make constant comments, it was never vile abuse or anything that bothered me it was just incessant for about 2-3 weeks, mainly Sarcastic comments and digs about my playing style. I never reported it and to my knowledge the guy bearly plays on here anymore, But it was so annoying and took away all the enjoyment I got from playing poker, the issue is if you stop playing it feels like you let them win.
  • Options
    Allan23Allan23 Member Posts: 864
    Can't you turn off chat for individual players in the chatbox? Obviously not ideal but better than suffering abuse probably
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,158
    Allan23 said:

Can't you turn off chat for individual players in the chatbox? Obviously not ideal but better than suffering abuse probably

I just put the cashier up in the chatbox if that happens then I cant hear them. I would imagine it drives them crazy if they are constantly chirping away and getting no response.