You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Split Pots in Bounty Hunters

DrudkhDrudkh Member Posts: 113
Don't know why I've never noticed this before but I've clearly not been paying enough attention. But it's interesting that in the cases of multi way all ins in bounty hunter where there is a split pot SkyPoker chooses to award the bounty to the largest stack (I only later confirmed this on the website). Was just wondering what everyone's opinion of this is? Do you think the bounties should be split instead or do you like it this way?

Comments

• StayOrGoStayOrGo Member Posts: 12,125
    edited May 2020
    I personally like it. Might is right and all that.

Wouldn't want Poker to be fair would we. :D
  • gregkdy82gregkdy82 Member Posts: 528
    edited May 2020
    If 3 players go all-in first hand then of a tournament and 2 players spilt the pot. Who gets the bounty?
  • mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,268
    gregkdy82 said:

If 3 players go all-in first hand then of a tournament and 2 players the spilt pot. Who gets the bounty?

I think there was a thread on this not so long ago and that referred to a another historic thread where apparently some people put this to the test and the outcome was its random.

I think.
  • K0BAYASHlK0BAYASHl Member Posts: 2,027
    edited May 2020
    mumsie said:

gregkdy82 said:

If 3 players go all-in first hand then of a tournament and 2 players the spilt pot. Who gets the bounty?

I think there was a thread on this not so long ago and that referred to a another historic thread where apparently some people put this to the test and the outcome was its random.

I think.
    I thought it was something to do with the button
  • mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,268
    K0BAYASHl said:

mumsie said:

gregkdy82 said:

I think.
    Yes, you would have thought so, like in a cash game, it its a split pot nad there is an extra penny, it goes to whoever is furthest from the Btn and nearest the SB if that makes sense.
  • StayOrGoStayOrGo Member Posts: 12,125
    edited May 2020
    K0BAYASHl said:

mumsie said:

gregkdy82 said:

I think.
    Yes I think this is the case, but random would be fun.

You can imagine the poor customer care rep trying to explain it.

"Sorry fella, it's just random and it went to the other guy, maybe next time!" :D