You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

And now for something completely different.....Deja Vu.

Comments

• chillingchilling Member Posts: 3,774

That’s the last post from me,I’m off, be lucky.
  • goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,425
    edited May 2020
    When you're web gets broken .....
    Robert the Bruce and the Spider – Inspiring story – Never Give up.... And to this very day, the victory and independence of Scotland is traced to a spider that kept trying again and again to spin her web in a cave and inspired the king of Scotland, Robert the Bruce. . one of the greatest kings of Scottish history.
    Missing: hero ‎...... don't be. edt just noticed the new pic lol
    Can't Don't go off "The Rail's" Fight them on the Beaches.
    I'm here to cheer you .............. up

'Secret millionaire' who buys whole village weekly fish-and-chip suppers during lockdown offers now to pay locals £100 to lose weight

form a Queue pls just makes you want to live in a Village. "Pound for Pound" the best offer too lose a pound, there's got to be a catch .... there's always a catch.
    Boris has made it easier for everyone to shed a few pounds from tomorrow.
    Stay alert. Some won’t be fit.
    If you’ve been furloughed or been given a grant, don’t look for a foreign holiday.
    Spend it here, we want it back.
    Thanking you.
    Self Isolated, been climbing up the wall, need to get out ........... forget about this

You need this........

https://youtu.be/VsUS4Y8undk
    Madness.

The families of the abused Police officers and abused NHS staff are organizing a demonstration march. Coming soon.
    Stay alert.
    Forget the respect for frontline workers.
    Stay alert.
    Spreading the virus will keep Universities closed,which will stop all colours, races and creeds from getting on in life. Well done.
    Stay alert.
  • EvilPinguEvilPingu Member Posts: 3,462
    edited June 2020
    chilling said:

Forget the respect for frontline workers.
    Stay alert.

Where was your "Respect for frontline workers" when the Tories cut police numbers?

Where was your "Respect for frontline workers" when the UK's points-based immigration system will mean that that many of your beloved NHS staff who earn less than £25,600 will soon be considered 'unskilled workers'?

What about when all the boomers (who are far more likely to be hospitalised or die from COVID-19) were throwing VE day parties and not giving a f**k about social distancing? Not a word on here from you criticising them, as far as I can see.

But as soon as black and ethnic minority people want to not be afraid of being murdered by police and walk down the street without worrying about being stopped and searched for no reason other than the colour of their skin, suddenly "Respect for frontline workers" is a problem for you.
    chilling said:

Spreading the virus will keep Universities closed,which will stop all colours, races and creeds from getting on in life. Well done.
    Stay alert.

You realise that the vast majority of University students (myself included) support the protests, right?

Don't use us to fit your racist agenda.
    Another one fiddling about in their top pocket for a card to pull out.
    Oh, this racist one deserves an airing, I’ll pull that one out.
    All the people of colour that I know, and that’s a lot,have ( maybe had) jobs and were quite happy with their lot.
    My brother-in-law has five brothers, all half Jamaican,all went to comprehensives, then college, all have trades.
    All the folks of colour and different races around my area are quite content with their lot, never a word mentioned about racism.
    Just up the road from me was the first Mosque built in the U.K.
    Thousands of Pakistanis attend there, amongst others. Never a sign of trouble.
    Just where is all this racism that’s mentioned in the U.K. occurring?
    Is it when 40000 attend a footie match, one or two throw a banana on the pitch, or make a racist comment? Does that tar a nation as racist?
    Or is it down to stop and search ? FWIW,I’ve been stopped and searched,I had no problem with it.
    How do you tackle for instance black gang members from attacking each other?
    Let them get on with it?
    Areas that have high violent crime rates should have more stop and search, makes sense.
    It also makes sense to have a good idea on population growth, services and housing.
    Just by letting things be without any control of numbers is going to lead to hardship for many, including those future NHS workers.
    You don’t need to search too hard for info about ‘ black lives’ around the world being lost through cleansing etc. It has been going on , and still is, without barely a mention in the media, or demonstrations in the U.K.
    I’ll keep an eye out for any sign of racism in my area, doubt I’ll find any though, because that would mean something has changed without anybody knowing about it.
    Calling people racist, when they are not, is offensive btw.
    My family, friends and relatives know I’m not, that’s all that matters to me.
    I’m not interested in a knee jerking card pullers opinion of me, no matter how well liked or how long they have been a member on here.

Folks are going to have plenty more things to protest about around the corner, you’ll see.
    Stay alert.
    Heaps of resolve.

• EvilPinguEvilPingu Member Posts: 3,462
    chilling said:

Just where is all this racism that’s mentioned in the U.K. occurring?

Ignorance is bliss.
    chilling said:

Or is it down to stop and search ? FWIW,I’ve been stopped and searched,I had no problem with it.

If you were 10x more likely to be stopped and searched because of the colour of your skin, would you still have no problem with it?

It's pretty clear that excessive stopping and searching of BAME people is one of the issues that leads to distrust in policing in the UK.
    chilling said:

Is it when 40000 attend a footie match, one or two throw a banana on the pitch, or make a racist comment? Does that tar a nation as racist?

Clearly not.

But if it's a couple of hundred fans every single game, the other fans don't call them out on the behaviour, and those in charge don't do anything to remove those fans, it certainly would.
    chilling said:

How do you tackle for instance black gang members from attacking each other?
    Let them get on with it?

By closing ethnic pay gaps so that black people aren't more likely to be in poverty and resort to crime out of necessity

By legalising and regulating certain drugs, which are the main cause of gang violence regardless of skin colour, thus killing the black market, providing additional tax income, and ensuring that the drugs provided are what they claim to be.

By not voting for or supporting political parties and policies that perpetuate inequality
    chilling said:

Areas that have high violent crime rates should have more stop and search, makes sense.

Stop and search is ineffective against violent crime (Source: https://fullfact.org/crime/does-stop-search-work/ )

“We struggled to find evidence of an effect of S&S on violent crime.”

They found that after a 10% increase in stop and search during a given month, recorded drug offences would be 1.85% lower during the next month, while non-domestic violent crime was 0.01% lower."
    Going to the Races ....... Good Wood Bad Bet.

Tell a White Penguin to F off he's trying to steal your car that's OK. What! no

OK, a Black & White one ...... What! no

Black one ........ sorry Judge, I know....... I should have given Pingu the Keys.
    Oh Pingy, i see that you’re in the ‘ stand up for the cause camp’, and show total disregard for what others have been trying to achieve in the country.
    A good cause indeed, but a stupid time to hold protests.
    The trigger vid was shocking footage for sure, but racism was the theme running up to and during last years election. Where were the protests and demonstrations then?
    You’d have thought that was the most appropriate time in the U.K. for protesting.
    For someone who is attending Uni, you should be smart enough to know that there are mainly three types of protests. Peaceful ones, ones that lead to minor public order offenses, and ones that lead to violence or rioting. Probably lucky on this occasion that it’s during a pandemic, it could have been far worse. The so called peaceful protesters shouldn’t have been there in the first place, ruling out any attempt of it getting hijacked.
    I’d say the percentage of the Police force that just want a easy day with no trouble, is in the high nineties. That gets lost on folks who are protesting.Ive three ex force friends who each say it’s the worst job you could possibly have at times. Their choice though.
    So, with some folks still worried about going out, going back to their works, or sending their kids to school, witnessing protestors milling about just confuses and p isses them off even more.
    Not everybody will understand what they are watching or what they are supposed to do, a lot of them elderly. I know, I’ve heard first hand.
    Regarding low paid workers.
    There are hundreds of thousands , if not millions of low paid workers in the U.K.
    That issue has no skin colour.
    There have been numerous features on gangs, black or white,with ex members or cons trying to guide them on the straight and narrow.That issue is also not a black skinned one.
    That’s more of an issue with them wanting things without the willingness to earn them.
    I’m not in the ‘ slap on the wrist camp’ , that does more harm than good.
    Regarding drugs.
    So you think puff should be legalized?
    I have two dope head friends who can barely string a sentence together at times, that’s without taking any gear. Eyes all over the place, can’t concentrate on anything,and yeah, standard paranoia.God only knows how they drive home without getting stopped or having a prang.
    Would the legalization mean self isolate until the effects wore off?
    Considering it effects folks in different ways, that could prove mighty difficult.
    Nah, it should only be used to ease certain medical conditions.
    I do hope you don’t mean heroine or coke.
    Again, I know a few. Off their heads, or at the bottom of their cages. That’s where the big money is.
    Crime figures.
    What doesn’t show up on the stats,is the amount of mugging and theft,nearly always with weapons. Folks don’t bother reporting things like having their phones stolen in a mugging.
    It just isn’t worth the hassle, with little chance of ever seeing stolen stuff returned to the owner.
    Rather a long post, but I’ll finish with something I found quite amusing.
    Sophie Ridge talking to Matt Hancock, on Sunday I think.
    The usual grilling, diversity in the cabinet this time.
    She asks a question that she obviously knew the answer to.
    I mean, some of the very top posts are held by folks of different ethnicities.🤷‍♂️
    I felt a bit worried for her for a few seconds.
    Then remembering the organization that she works for, has practically all white correspondents, reporters, editors, newsreaders, some with their own shows.
    The odd one here and there with colour. The same applies to Sky Sports presenters and pundits.
    Look a little closer to home Sophie.
    Stay alert. Keep em peeled.👮‍♀️👮🏾
    The Penguin season is over hibernation time. cough!
    Slaves or a leg up?