You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

NEW CALENDER FOR NEXT MONTH

With the new fixtures the Jackpot Naps calender is as follows:-

June 11th - 13th (3 DAYS) NEWBURY
june 16th to 20th (5 DAYS) ROYAL ASCOT
June 26th to 28th (3 DAYS) NEWMARKET
July 4th - DERBY DAY

Comments

• StayOrGoStayOrGo Member Posts: 12,125
    Nice one V.

So a little bit on the sheet process.

The sheets that we currently have been using will be reset, but I will copy them first so we have a permanent record. I will then post the read-only links on the relevant thread, which you may want to copy to the OP.

Make sense?
  • vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,281
    No but if its what we did for Newmarket it worked superbly
    edited June 2020
    The 4 links that you copy/paste on the OP of the Newmarket thread will always be the same for each meeting. You'd just use the first 3 if a 3 day meeting)

I will refresh them an update them for Newbury after tomorrow but take permanent copies of the Newmarket results, so you have a "permanent sheet" record of the various results.

But the ones that are there now, will be cleared.

It should all make more sense once I've refreshed them Monday
    edited June 2020
    Thanks G but havent I done that by posting each days google results sheet both in the thread and the opening post or is it when you change the sheets the results disappear. If so how do I do permanent copies.

Sorry for being a dimwit

Terry

ps arghh , i see now the blankk sheets you gave me update as we go along , so yes how do i take permanent copies
    sussed it I think, will let you know if problem. Took a copy and posted to my drive
    Tea Time
    edited June 2020
    vaigret said:

Thanks G but havent I done that by posting each days google results sheet both in the thread and the opening post or is it when you change the sheets the results disappear. If so how do I do permanent copies.

Sorry for being a dimwit

Terry

ps arghh , i see now the blankk sheets you gave me update as we go along , so yes how do i take permanent copies

I'll do the permanent copies and post the links which you can copy/paste and replace the current one's in the Newmarket OP.

We'll touch base on the forum here on Monday when I do it.

It will all make sense then. I promise. :D
    edited June 2020
    Hi G, dont worry now but I have done copies of each of the days results and then posted them to OP of Newmarket and replaced the ones in each of my posts saying these are the results for today, hopefully that is what I had to do. The copies I have posted definitely have different links so think I have cracked it. As you say we can touch base on Monday to make sure i have done correctly

Terry
    edited June 2020
    vaigret said:

Hi G, dont worry now but I have done copies of each of the days results and then posted them to OP of Newmarket and replaced the ones in each of my posts saying these are the results for today, hopefully that is what I had to do. The copies I have posted definitely have different links so think I have cracked it. As you say we can touch base on Monday to make sure i have done correctly

Terry

Hi Terry, I was going to do that bit, but if you are happy to do it then cool, FYI, so that the results sheet are read only, after copying them, you'd need to do file/publish to the web, and copy/paste that link, this way it's read only and the results can't be corrupted by anyone other than you or me (whoever copy the results sheet.)

I am happy to do that bit, if it doesn't make sense.

I always do it anyway, so I'll always have a backup.

BTW, you may wonder, why I don't just create new sheets each time as we progress through the meetings. If I were to do that then I'd have to keep giving everybody access to the new sheets each time.

Once we have gone through it on Monday, I am sure it will all make sense.
    edited June 2020
    The problem is, that if you post the results sheet that you copied, only you would be able to see them, but if you publish them to the web, and post that link then they are viewable to all.

Sounds complicated, but it's not and I am happy to do that bit if you prefer.
    Hi Graham

I am happy for you to do any bits that you can/want to do. I think I have cracked things then realise its not as easy as I think.

I also realise that if I do them in my posts you cant edit them so we need to make a decision.

How about I set up the Opening post couple of days before comp starts , this will give you time to post the new sheets to the thread so I can post into the OP and then in the thread as we need them each day. That seems to have worked well this time.

I will then do my tables each day which will give peeps the info they need to see how they doing . The google sheet results are not that important as the comp is taking place so shouldnt need posting then especially as they will change as and when you make changes to them for the next effort.

After the festival has finished you post the copy sheets with the results at a time of your convenience to give us a control on whats happened over each festival over the year.

As I said I am happy for you to do as much as you want and any assistance you can give is much appreciated and takes the worry out of stuff I dont understand and find hard to grasp.

Terry
    Hi Terry.

I'll reply more fully to this once you have posted your full results for Newmarket as it will make more sense then.

Cheers,

G