You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Do you want any value on your Royale?

MynaFrettMynaFrett Member Posts: 724
edited June 2020 in Poker Chat
"Here you go sir, as requested, one Royal. Can I interest you in any value with that today?"

"Thank you very much. Ummm... I should do really, not sure... no, I'll leave the value today, thanks."
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
MynaFrettSmall blind200.00200.0020332.50
ruby3529Big blind400.00600.006610.00
Your hole cards
  • Q
LEEDS_1957Call400.001000.009545.00
Denise53Fold
spohcFold
MynaFrettCall200.001200.0020132.50
ruby3529Check
Flop
  • K
  • K
  • J
MynaFrettCheck
ruby3529Check
LEEDS_1957Bet400.001600.009145.00
MynaFrettCall400.002000.0019732.50
ruby3529Fold
Turn
MynaFrettCheck
LEEDS_1957Check
River
  • A
MynaFrettCheck
LEEDS_1957Check
MynaFrettShow
  • Q
LEEDS_1957Muck
  • Q
  • K
MynaFrettWinRoyal Flush2000.0021732.50

Comments

• Options
    Allan23Allan23 Member Posts: 864
    Rekt.
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,282
    Ironically if you had raised the flop it could have all gone in then and instead of being 'Do you want any value from your Royal' you would have taken a bounty and been posting under the title 'How to get paid with your Royal!' :D
  • Options
    tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,727
    Anyone else click on this expecting to see pics of a Burger, a la Pulp Fiction?
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,076
    tomgoodun said:

Anyone else click on this expecting to see pics of a Burger, a la Pulp Fiction?

• Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,647
    edited June 2020
    oh look
    a black man and a white man having a laugh
    i'm outraged ;)
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,239
    I bet one of them is using the N word and saying mother****** every other sentence.

In fact they are probably the two most often used phrases in Tarrentino movies with the exception of Inglorious B******.

Pulp Fiction Reservoir Dogs, Jackie Brown, Django Unchained and The Hateful Eight all have over run on the two expressions sometimes to the point of embarrassment.
  • Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    I would suggest that if certain words embarrass you, you should refrain from watching Tarantino movies.
  • Options
    They don't embarrass me personally, believe me I can eff and jeff with the best and probably better than most. Remember to really curse well requires both originality and more importantly a lack of repetition.

I just find it's like having a conversation with somebody who has to use the F word at least twice in every sentence because they are unable to articulate what they want to say.

• Options

They don't embarrass me personally, believe me I can eff and jeff with the best and probably better than most. Remember to really curse well requires both originality and more importantly a lack of repetition.

I just find it's like having a conversation with somebody who has to use the F word at least twice in every sentence because they are unable to articulate what they want to say.

So you're embarrassed for other people?
    For Tarantino?
    For the actors?
  • Options
    I think Tarantino absolutely overdoes the N word and yes maybe I feel a little embarrassed for him that he seems intent on using it as much as he feels he can get away with. Why does he do it? for shock value or to provoke a reaction?.

Also if you consider who uses the expression more than any other I also think there's a more sinister consideration.

Jackson has gone on record as speaking out about racism and black issues yet he seems perfectly happy to use and more importantly in both Django and hateful Eight be subjected to racial slurs at the behest of a white writer/ director.

Also I think that there is a marked difference in a dialogue between black guys where they use the word to reference each other a la Pulp Fiction and a dialogue where it is being used as an overtly racial insult.

I'm sure Jackson knows what he's doing but if I was an actor and I had to be the subject of repeated racial insults for the sake of "authenticity", I'd be like dude either tone it down some or find another actor.

But that's just me.

• Options
    The fact that Jackson has worked with Tarantino on most of his films, suggests that Jackson can indeed separate real life from Hollywood.
  • Options
    AB0151AB0151 Member Posts: 275
    Cheesy thread