You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Omaha-ha-ha with Orford- tonight from 7pm

RICHORFORDRICHORFORD Member Posts: 5,571
edited March 2010 in Poker Chat
Morning all,

Fresh from my astounding success on the tables last night (i.e. I posted a small profit) I'm ready to head into uncharted territory this evening.

Because, in a last minute change to the schedule, I'm doing the Omaha night for Play The Presenter!

Understandably, the suits at Sky Poker Towers have expressed some concern about what will happen to their money when I'm set loose on this format tonight, but I'm here to reassure them- I've got plenty of experience in this game.

I've, to date, played TWO Omaha sit and go Double Your Money games and cashed in both.

And, er, that's it.

Just remind me, you get dealt four cards at the start, right?

If you think this represents a good opportunity to boost your bankroll, or if you just fancy a bit of banter, come and find me tonight on the Omaha tables from 7pm.

I'll step away at 8 to play the big Double Stack main event and then get back to Omaha when I depart from that tourney. Around 11.55pm.

Well, it's nice to dream...

And since I'm playing Omaha, I expect at some stage I will cross swords with that young chap, Tony Kendall. Omaha is a bit of a speciality of his, so expect no mercy from me, if I happen to outperform him tonight...

Comments

• Options
    BowieBoyBowieBoy Member Posts: 266
    edited March 2010
    ATM alert!!!!!!! don't rush folk form an ORFORDLY line, lol.   Good luck Rich.
  • Options
    acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited March 2010
    I have currently got my accesability magnifier swithched on and am looking at the time of this post, dont tell me Orford is up, and actualy in the office? hehehehehehehe, seriously gl tonight, I think you may need it, I may, just may have a lil go myself :), and that should be RO-Omaha shouldnt it?
  • Options
    MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited March 2010
    Good luck Rich - you'll do fine.
    I have no doubts that it will go swimmingly.
  • Options
    scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited March 2010
    tip:  don't play Llamaman
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    If Llamaman even joins the waiting list for your table, start thinking up your excuses.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Hi Rich

A question has been asked on this thread, could you give a reply please? thank you
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,119
    edited March 2010

Good luck tonight at the Omaha Rich!

I shall not trouble you, as I'm playing the 8.30 Tourney at Luton. So I'll not be availabloe until at least, ooh, 9pm.

See you tomorrow.

• Options
    edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Omaha-ha-ha with Orford- tonight from 7pm:
    Good luck tonight at the Omaha Rich! I shall not trouble you, as I'm playing the 8.30 Tourney at Luton. So I'll not be availabloe until at least, ooh, 9pm. See you tomorrow.
    Posted by Tikay10

And there goes a man who's running scared. Lol!

Off you hide in Luton my friend, safe in the knowledge your Omaha has not met it's greatest challenge. ;)

Oh, and good luck in your tourney :)
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Hi Rich A question has been asked on this thread, could you give a reply please? thank you
    Posted by acebarry10

Done and dusted mate :)
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    OK- I'm ready for one of my five portions of daily recommended poker goodness.

I'm on table Purfleet 10p/20p and frantically reading the rules of Omaha!

Do come and join me!

• Options
    edited March 2010
    tip:  don't play Llamaman
    Posted by scotty77

Little secret Scotty- I taught Llamaman everything he knows about Omaha...

• Options
    edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Omaha-ha-ha with Orford- tonight from 7pm : Done and dusted mate :)
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Thanks Rich :)
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    OK, after one hour of Omaha in which I did surprisingly well. I finished up £9.62 on my initial £20.

Pretty good, but I'm a little annoyed with myself because I was up to £42 at one point.

Ah well, a profit is a profit.

Meanwhile, Omaha titan Llamaman couldn't resist the thought of me sitting on his home ground with a fairly big stack and soon came knocking, as good news like that travels fast round these parts.

And in fairness to him, he indulged in some friendly banter with me while he waited patiently in the queue to rob me blind.

But then, as advertised, I had to get up to play the 8pm Main Event, just as he finally got to sit down!

So, Llama- just to say I wasn't running away and your date with destiny is coming.

Never again will you have such a fearsome reputation, once you've lost a few pots to me, sunshine.

Enjoy it, while it lasts!

;)
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    So there was me telling MereNovice and some of the other guys on the rail this evening about how I've gone out of 6 out of my last 7 main events by getting my money in dominating a hand and then being rivered by a 2-outer, when this happened...

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    RICHORFORD Small blind   400.00 400.00 8481.25
    yellaa Big blind   800.00 1200.00 7277.50
      Your hole cards
    • Q
    • Q

jajko All-in   5030.00 6230.00 0.00
    Runwood Fold        
    bigboy1922 Fold        
    JAZZYDAZ5 Fold        
    RICHORFORD All-in   8481.25 14711.25 0.00
    yellaa All-in   7277.50 21988.75 0.00
    RICHORFORD Unmatched bet   803.75 21185.00 803.75
    RICHORFORD Show
    • Q
    • Q

yellaa Show

jajko Show
    • Q

Flop

• J

Turn

• K

River

yellaa Win Three 8s 21185.00   21185.00

Sigh. It's becoming a bit of a habit this for me (see last night's thread for more details).

Came 98th out of 427 in the end- 28 off the money. But for that 8 on the end, I'd have been one of the chip leaders. Funny old game.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Right, I've almost gotten over my Doublestack exit now.

Almost...

To take my mind off it, I'm now heading back on to the Omaha tables to see if I can continue my winning ways on there.

10p/20p Ickham if anyone fancies a game this fine Friday night... :)
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Well, a session of two halves- by the end of the first half I was about ten quid up and by the end of the second half I'd been felted.

:(

As usual it was one hand that did all the damage- I flopped the wheel, Bowieboy had pocket Aces and had flopped the Top Set.

He bet out, I re-raised all in and he called. Obviously he then housed up on the turn and good luck to him.

It did provide a good debate though in the chatbox about whether Bowieboy should have called, with the general consensus leaning towards 'yes'.

See what you think. Personally, I can't think of too many people who would lay down that hand under the assumption their opponent had flopped the straight. And of course, he had outs too.

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    BowieBoy Small blind   £0.10 £0.10 £21.37
    blueflag Big blind   £0.20 £0.30 £18.16
      Your hole cards

RICHORFORD Call   £0.20 £0.50 £29.06
    darich Call   £0.20 £0.70 £29.12
    MereNovice Call   £0.20 £0.90 £19.27
    TightusRex Fold        
    BowieBoy Raise   £0.90 £1.80 £20.47
    blueflag Call   £0.80 £2.60 £17.36
    RICHORFORD Call   £0.80 £3.40 £28.26
    darich Call   £0.80 £4.20 £28.32
    MereNovice Call   £0.80 £5.00 £18.47
    Flop

• A

BowieBoy Bet   £5.00 £10.00 £15.47
    blueflag Fold        
    RICHORFORD Raise   £20.00 £30.00 £8.26
    darich Fold        
    MereNovice Fold        
    BowieBoy All-in   £15.47 £45.47 £0.00
    RICHORFORD Call   £0.47 £45.94 £7.79
    BowieBoy Show
    • Q
    • A
    • J
    • A

RICHORFORD Show

Turn

River

BowieBoy Win Full House, Aces and 3s £44.14   £44.14

Great fun tonight- thanks to Darich, Mere, Tightus, Bowie and everyone else who made it such enjoyable poker.

Finished about twenty quid down on the night in the end. So pretty much spent my profit from last night.

Ten hours of poker- no profit, no loss. Steady as she goes...Tsk!
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Well, a session of two halves- by the end of the first half I was about ten quid up and by the end of the second half I'd been felted. :( As usual it was one hand that did all the damage- I flopped the wheel, Bowieboy had pocket Aces and had flopped the Top Set. He bet out, I re-raised all in and he called. Obviously he then housed up on the river and good luck to him. It did provide a good debate though in the chatbox about whether Bowieboy should have called, with the general consensus leaning towards 'yes'. See what you think. Personally, I can't think of too many people who would lay down that hand under the assumption their opponent had flopped the straight. And of course, he had outs too. ...
    Great fun tonight- thanks to Darich, Mere, Tightus, Bowie and everyone else who made it such enjoyable poker. Finished about twenty quid down on the night in the end. So pretty much spent my profit from last night. Ten hours of poker- no profit, no loss. Steady as she goes...Tsk!
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Great fun playing with you too, as always.
    Unlucky on this hand but he was getting the odds to call even if you had the straight.
    It's about 61/39 after the flop and once he's put his £5 bet in, he's getting the correct pot odds.
    You're never getting worse than 2/1 HU in a PL game post-flop, so people don't tend to lay down top trips on the flop - certainly not if they get all their cash in on the flop like this.