You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Poker - a game of (different) opinions.

Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,373

Comments

• Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,028
    edited July 2020
    I like the way he puts it in chip value rather than bb to try and make it sound a lot worse than it actually was.

He took forever to call my 20bb 3bjam with AK doesn't have the desired effect does it.
  • Options
    waller02 said:

I like the way he puts it in chip value rather than bb to try and make it sound a lot worse than it actually was.

He took forever to call my 20bb 3bjam with AK just have the desired effect does it.

Yup, "4 million chips" sounds horrendous, whereas "20 BB" is so less dramatic.
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,028
    Tikay10 said:

waller02 said:

He took forever to call my 20bb 3bjam with AK just have the desired effect does it.

Have you met him? Maybe interviewed him over the years? If so, what is he actually like as a person, is he a nice guy away from the tables?
  • Options
    waller02 said:

Tikay10 said:

waller02 said:

Have you met him? Maybe interviewed him over the years? If so, what is he actually like as a person, is he a nice guy away from the tables?

Yes, interviewed him once many years ago at the WSOP. He was a bit mardy.

Subsequently, I met him away from the table & chatted many times at WSOP & a few times in London, when he was usually fairly amicable.

We also met at that dreadful WSOP-E entrance at Leicester Square a few years ago, when he arrived on a bus. I'll see if I can find the video.
  • Options
    DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740
    I'd love Hellmuth to watch one of my streams - it'd be a glorious change to have someone in the chat flaming me for being too loose :D.
  • Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,553
    Mr T wash your eyes out with soap & water .. front row smile on your face. Tut!
  • Options
    SR23SR23 Member Posts: 1,228
    Tikay10 said:

There you go.

I make a few background appearances in this too, dark suit, white shirt, gormless look, stood fairly adjacent to David Tuchman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmAY5Zl7Gqo

think @Allan23 should recreate this for a £5.50 BH on his first stream.
  • Options
    Allan23Allan23 Member Posts: 866
    SR23 said:

Tikay10 said:

There you go.

I make a few background appearances in this too, dark suit, white shirt, gormless look, stood fairly adjacent to David Tuchman.

think @Allan23 should recreate this for a £5.50 BH on his first stream.
    There are limits to my comedy.
  • Options
    Phantom66Phantom66 Member Posts: 5,542
    Nice to see Mr Ambo picked up a few quid that week

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_World_Series_of_Poker_Europe
  • Options
    markycashmarkycash Member Posts: 2,837
    Based on the info - Calling a 20BB shove with AK seems rather straightforward unless you have a sick read or there are weird money jumps.

Caption competition on Tikay @ 1min 53sec could be fun. You don't look overly sold on Phil's razzmatazz :D
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,292
    markycash said:

Based on the info - Calling a 20BB shove with AK seems rather straightforward unless you have a sick read or there are weird money jumps.

Caption competition on Tikay @ 1min 53sec could be fun. You don't look overly sold on Phil's razzmatazz :D

I'm sure it's the same look you would see when his AA23ds is beaten by 7778 all in pre.
  • Options
    MP33MP33 Member Posts: 6,239
    lol

You were loving it Tikay - Wasn,t that you filming at 2.20

Thought you were gonna join in one point
  • Options
    CammykazeCammykaze Member Posts: 1,397
    Tikay10 said:

There you go.

Am I the only one to notice how awful the singers where and concerned that the girls would be a little cold? :lol:
  • Options
    JingleMaJingleMa Member Posts: 1,319
    Tikay10 said:

There you go.

Wow I never realised it was this good. Tikay you look fabulous.
  • Options
    tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,730
    Tikay10 said:

There you go.

Is Phil the one with the syrup, or the one with the horn?
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,657
    Ego maniac..not Tikay
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,290
    edited July 2020
    Ilove the "Helmuthian Meltdown" and of all the ones I've seen via the internet my favourite all time one is where Phil gets crushed when 9 10 of hearts makes a back door A high flush to beat his turned set of Aces.

He goes on a rant for the ages against an amateur rec calling him stupid, moron, idiot etc etc whilst effing and jeffing.

The guy just sits smiling at Phil whilst stacking his chips.

Phil ends the rant by asking the guy where he learned to play stupid, idiotic poker like that.

The guy looks directly at Phil and says really calmly

"On your training site Phil. It's the third section on float plays. Thank you so much for those lessons."

I absolutely cracked up.
  • Options
    tai-gartai-gar Member Posts: 2,603

Ilove the "Helmuthian Meltdown" and of all the ones I've seen via the internet my favourite all time one is where Phil gets crushed when 9 10 of hearts makes a back door A high flush to beat his turned set of Aces.

He goes on a rant for the ages against an amateur rec calling him stupid, moron, idiot etc etc whilst effing and jeffing.

The guy just sits smiling at Phil whilst stacking his chips.

Phil ends the rant by asking the guy where he learned to play stupid, idiotic poker like that.

The guy looks directly at Phil and says really calmly

"On your training site Phil. It's the third section on float plays. Thank you so much for those lessons."

I absolutely cracked up.

Typical Hellmuth he does so like to belittle people. That's his failing in my opinion.