You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Freeroll strategy

LARSON7LARSON7 Member Posts: 4,491
Looks like a really nice promotion that will please a wide range of players.

What’s your strategy going to be? Gamble, fast and loose? Or nice and steady? A bit of both?

Winning score for week 1? I’ll have a stab at 68 bounties.

Comments

• cenachavcenachav Member Posts: 2,681
    Sounds like fun and one that should suit me too :)

It will be fun to see how they play out as they aren't a normal BH as you don't get any money for knocking someone out, just points, although the first one will be carnage for sure!

I will be playing it steady at first, just keeping in and then trying to pick off some in the mid to late stages and take it from there. That may change as the week goes on and it will be interesting to see how people play on the last one of the week.

I'm going to have a go at 42 for the first week with the winner every day getting about 20. It's going to be very hard to run well in these consistently.
  • mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,268
    I like the idea of shoving the first few orbits if it seems right.
  • StayOrGoStayOrGo Member Posts: 12,125
    Aggro first couple of days for sure, (play draws aggressively etc, but not crazy any two) then see how you stand and adopt approach accordingly. Best of luck guys.
  • StayOrGoStayOrGo Member Posts: 12,125
    edited July 2020
    LARSON7 said:

Looks like a really nice promotion that will please a wide range of players.

What’s your strategy going to be? Gamble, fast and loose? Or nice and steady? A bit of both?

Winning score for week 1? I’ll have a stab at 68 bounties.

Gunna be a bit more conservative, I say winning score, 38 bounties.

Hopefully, all will play fair.
  • MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,483
    I have got a cunning plan......

I am going to play tighter than a Scotsman at a Bar for the 1st game. Not bothered about bounties. Hopefully, I will fold my to the cash and have enough to play the next freeroll.
  • Phantom66Phantom66 Member Posts: 5,542
    MAXALLY said:

I have got a cunning plan......

I am going to play tighter than a Scotsman at a Bar for the 1st game. Not bothered about bounties. Hopefully, I will fold my to the cash and have enough to play the next freeroll.

No change there then
  • LARSON7LARSON7 Member Posts: 4,491
    edited July 2020
    68 is a bit optimistic, if it was play your cards right would go lower on this :smile:

Would agree need to be super aggro in first couple of days and take a lot of marginal spots.

Mumsie dunno about jamming every hand 1st few orbits, might have Maxally, Dues or Allan23 on the table finding a tight call with QQ :D

LARSON7 said:

68 is a bit optimistic, if it was play your cards right would go lower on this :smile:

Would agree need to be super aggro in first couple of days and take a lot of marginal spots.

Mumsie dunno about jamming every hand 1st few orbits, might have Maxally, Dues or Allan23 on the table finding a tight call with QQ :D

Now you've moved the goal posts, im only shoving 1 out of 3 in this scenario.
  • MP33MP33 Member Posts: 6,235
    What - No late reg? Sigh
    hmm, shoving didnt work.

Back to the drawing board.
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 158,750
    MP33 said:

What - No late reg? Sigh

@MP33

As per the Promo Page;

Freeroll Details
    Entry Requirement: 25 Poker Points in the previous 24 hours (see the below drop down for more details.)
    Prize Pool: £1,000
    Start Time: All Freerolls will start at 20:15
    Late Reg: No late registration period will be available

Starting Chips: 3,000
    Blind Levels: 5 minutes

• aynaricolaynaricol Member Posts: 315
    mumsie said:

hmm, shoving didnt work.

Didn't work for me either :D
  • LARSON7LARSON7 Member Posts: 4,491
    mumsie said:

hmm, shoving didnt work.

louGB18 Small blind 15.00 15.00 2296.25
    MAGPIETYKE Big blind 30.00 45.00 3000.00
    Your hole cards
    Q
    Q

CroydonAA Call 30.00 75.00 3438.75
    LARSON7 All-in 2950.00 3025.00 0.00
    DeadmanSk Fold
    RubyRedBrd Fold
    louGB18 Fold
    x All-in

x Win
    cenachav said:

I'm going to have a go at 42 for the first week with the winner every day getting about 20. It's going to be very hard to run well in these consistently.

Does anyone know how many heads the winner took yesterday?
  • IkellyIkelly Member Posts: 1,374
    edited July 2020
    cenachav said:

cenachav said:

edit: you already knew didn't you? :)
    Ikelly said:

cenachav said:

cenachav said:

edit: you already knew didn't you? :)
    Maybe ;)
  • SR23SR23 Member Posts: 1,228
    After taking three heads last night, my strategy for tonight was to eat a pizza whilst rewatching Mad Men and miss reg by two minutes.

Good strategy, will no doubt try it again.
  • JingleMaJingleMa Member Posts: 1,319

Haha unlucky @SR23.

I ran my KK into AA without cashing or picking up any bounties, so you did better than me, at least you had pizza and mad men!
  • PKRParPKRPar Member Posts: 2,233
    Anyone having any issues registering for tonights freeroll? I have over 25 points from this morning, but tournament still saying im not able to enter.

@Tikay10 ?
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 158,750
    PKRPar said:

Anyone having any issues registering for tonights freeroll? I have over 25 points from this morning, but tournament still saying im not able to enter.

@Tikay10 ?

@PKRPar,

That seems odd. Been no other complaints that I'm aware of (so far...) & 33 players are registered, which is a similar number to this time yesterday.

If the problem persists, you'll need to speak to CC.