You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Mike The Mouth Matusow

MARK277MARK277 Member Posts: 110
Hi,

Not sure the link below will work. This is a link to the twitter feed on David Lappin which has 3 videos a Mike Matusow having a melt down after getting knocked out of a WSOP event. He threatens violence against his opponent who was a female.

Comments

• teamclauteamclau Member Posts: 56
    Funny enough I just started watching his event 4 video on youtube along side my session this evening...I will avoid watching this incase of spoilers lol
  • MARK277MARK277 Member Posts: 110
    Don't think there will be any spoilers @teamclau this was event 5 and from the video he busts very quickly.

Do you watch his streams often? I always find him hard to listen to
  • rabdenirorabdeniro Member Posts: 4,212
    The guy has got mental problems.
  • teamclauteamclau Member Posts: 56
    MARK277 said:

Don't think there will be any spoilers @teamclau this was event 5 and from the video he busts very quickly.

Do you watch his streams often? I always find him hard to listen to

Oh well I might save that for tomorrow, not usually but he is already irritating the **** out of me lol xx
  • lfccarllfccarl Member Posts: 1,489
    i was watching it at the time
    edited July 2020
    Not sure if they can but WSOP might stop him from playing some events. Pretty sure they will try and stop him streaming their site from now on.

He also has a poster of Phil Hellmuth on his wall
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 158,808
    edited July 2020
    MARK277 said:

Not sure if they can but WSOP might stop him from playing some events. Pretty sure they will try and stop him streaming their site from now on.

Hellmuth stakes him, I believe. Matusow has been busto for years.

With the ego Hellmuth has, having the poster on the wall is prob part of the staking deal
    MARK277 said:

With the ego Hellmuth has, having the poster on the wall is prob part of the staking deal

Ha, yes, you may well be right.

• CammykazeCammykaze Member Posts: 1,397
    edited July 2020
    rabdeniro said:

The guy has got mental problems.

Yip.

Was too pumped up at the WSOP tables back when the Fossilman won the Main Event, around 2006 time.

I remember he was due for some jail time and was looking even more chaotic than normal back then.

Very much a man who wears his heart on his sleeve.

Cammy
    @Tikay10 you might know the answer to this. Can the WSOP stop him streaming events now on due to this?
    MARK277 said:

@Tikay10 you might know the answer to this. Can the WSOP stop him streaming events now on due to this?

Yes, I would imagine they can. If he is bringing their name into disrepute they have every right imo, as their Brand is on display. Doubt they will though, the WSOP always seem to give him more leeway than they would to Joe Public. No idea why, he is a disgrace to poker.
  • stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,615
    edited July 2020
    Tikay10 said:

MARK277 said:

Yes, I would imagine they can. If he is bringing their name into disrepute they have every right imo, as their Brand is on display. Doubt they will though, the WSOP always seem to give him more leeway than they would to Joe Public. No idea why, he is a disgrace to poker.
    have yo ever interviewed the great man eejit
    stokefc said:

Tikay10 said:

MARK277 said:

have yo ever interviewed the great man eejit

Not that I recall, no, thank goodness.

And don't follow him on Twitter unless you enjoy reading tweets which have an exclamation mark after every sentence. Ugh.

https://twitter.com/themouthmatusow
  • tai-gartai-gar Member Posts: 2,578
    MARK277 said:

Phil Hellmuth has a poster of Phil Hellmouth on EVERY wall of his house.

He is a horrible man at the table and loves to put individuals down at every opportunity.

^^^^^^

@tai-gar

100% agree. One of the most unpleasant people I've ever met, in or out of poker.
  • MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    Typical of you and the mainstream media to bad mouth him! You are all sheep!
    MattBates said:

Typical of you and the mainstream media to bad mouth him! You are all sheep!

BAAAHH

He has said sorry so its all good now. Until next time lol
    Tikay10 said:

^^^^^^

@tai-gar

100% agree. One of the most unpleasant people I've ever met, in or out of poker.

I have never play poker with hellmuth however I have witnessed his table behaviour.

I used to play on PKR when that was a site when Vladimir Geshkenbein was a sponsored Pro with them and he was playing a 6 max WSOP event with hellmuth. I stopped by and ended up sitting next to Hellmuth wife and every hand he was over complaining about everything. He busted within about an hour.