You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Cashless society

VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,013
Good or bad?

Copied this from elsewhere:

HERES WHAT NO CASH ACTUALLY MEANS
A cashless society means no cash. Zero. It doesn’t mean mostly cashless and you can still use a ‘wee bit of cash here & there’. Cashless means fully digital, fully traceable, fully controlled. I think those who support a cashless society aren’t fully aware of what they are asking for. A cashless society means:
* If you are struggling with your mortgage on a particular month, you can’t do an odd job to get you through.
* Your child can’t go & help the local farmer to earn a bit of summer cash.
* No more cash slipped into the hands of a child as a good luck charm or from their grandparent when going on holidays.
* No more money in birthday cards.
* No more piggy banks for your child to collect pocket money & to learn about the value of earning.
* No more cash for a rainy day fund or for that something special you have been putting £20 a week away for.
* No more nixers on the side because your wages barely cover the bills or put food on the table.
* No more charity collections.
* No more selling bits & pieces from your home that you no longer want/need for a bit of cash in return.
* No more cash gifts from relatives or loved ones.
What a cashless society does guarantee:
* Banks have full control of every single penny you own.
* Every transaction you make is recorded.
* All your movements & actions are traceable.
* Access to your money can be blocked at the click of a button when/if banks need ‘clarification’ from you which will take about 3 weeks, a thousand questions answered & five thousand passwords.
* You will have no choice but to declare & be taxed on every pound in your possession.
* The government WILL decide what you can & cannot purchase.
* If your transactions are deemed in any way questionable, by those who create the questions, your money will be frozen, ‘for your own good’.
I could write lists for 5 days & still not finish explaining how utterly awful a cashless society would be, for everyone. Even for the goody two shoes who wouldn’t dream of not declaring £500.
Forget about cash being dirty. Stop being so easily led. Cash has been around for a very, very, very long time & it gives you control over how you trade with the world. It gives you independence. I heard a story where a man supposedly contracted Covid because of a £20 note he had handled. There is the same chance of Covid being on a card as being on cash. If you cannot see how utterly ridiculous this assumption is then there is little hope.
If you are a customer, pay with cash. If you are a shop owner, remove those ridiculous signs that ask people to pay by card. Cash is a legal tender, it is our right to pay with cash. Banks are making it increasingly difficult to lodge cash & that has nothing to do with a virus, nor has this ‘dirty money’ trend.
Please open your eyes. Please stop believing everything you are being told. Almost every single topic in today’s world is tainted with corruption & hidden agendas. Please stop telling me & others like me that we are what’s wrong with the world when you hail the most corrupt members of society as your heroes. Politics & greed is what is wrong with the world; not those who are trying to alert you to the reality in which you are blindly floating along whilst being immobilised by irrational fear. Fear created to keep you doing & believing in exactly what you are complacently doing.

Comments

• goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,426
    I'll have nothing to stuff the Mattress with.
  • kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,526
    Bad.

It is a one sided, paranoid, rant.

I'd like to sleep on it............ Mm!
  • chillingchilling Member Posts: 3,774
    What are going into these machines in the future, universal £2.30 tokens?

• VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,013
    Put an end to "bob a job" week.
    No cash, all card?
    If you have a bullseye in your pocket, that’s all you can lose if mugged.
    If you have just maybe one card,then it is mostly likely to be about £300 on average, providing you cough up your pin. That sounds like a thumbs up for muggers.

Will Mike Ashley have his pockets taken in?
    Fortunes lost down back of the sofa

Time is running out for the old £1 coin. After 15 October, you will no longer be able to use them in shops, which means millions of Brits are ransacking their homes for elusive coins. No more picking up 5ps in the street
  • stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,615
    what about me drugs*
    * i do not do drugs
    seriously it would put an end to drug dealing but i suppose they would get around it
    stokefc said:

what about me drugs*
    * i do not do drugs
    seriously it would put an end to drug dealing but i suppose they would get around it

They’ll take a little from your bitcoin wallet.
    Or the addicts might need to find something to trade.
  • kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,526
    stokefc said:

what about me drugs*
    * i do not do drugs

Bitcoin actually proliferates the drugs business. The black market/dark web is all done with cryptocurrency anonymously.
  • stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,615

stokefc said:

what about me drugs*
    * i do not do drugs

Bitcoin actually proliferates the drugs business. The black market/dark web is all done with cryptocurrency anonymously.
    thanks for the tip ;)
    edited July 2020
    Those were the days:

• HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 31,519
    VespaPX said:

Good or bad?

A cashless society means no cash. Zero. It doesn’t mean mostly cashless and you can still use a ‘wee bit of cash here & there’. Cashless means fully digital, fully traceable, fully controlled. I think those who support a cashless society aren’t fully aware of what they are asking for. A cashless society means:
    * If you are struggling with your mortgage on a particular month, you can’t do an odd job to get you through.
    * No more cash slipped into the hands of a child as a good luck charm or from their grandparent when going on holidays.
    * No more piggy banks for your child to collect pocket money & to learn about the value of earning.
    * No more cash for a rainy day fund or for that something special you have been putting £20 a week away for.
    * No more nixers on the side because your wages barely cover the bills or put food on the table.
    * No more selling bits & pieces from your home that you no longer want/need for a bit of cash in return.
    * Access to your money can be blocked at the click of a button when/if banks need ‘clarification’ from you which will take about 3 weeks, a thousand questions answered & five thousand passwords.
    * You will have no choice but to declare & be taxed on every pound in your possession.
    * If your transactions are deemed in any way questionable, by those who create the questions, your money will be frozen, ‘for your own good’.
    I could write lists for 5 days & still not finish explaining how utterly awful a cashless society would be, for everyone. Even for the goody two shoes who wouldn’t dream of not declaring £500.
    Forget about cash being dirty. Stop being so easily led. Cash has been around for a very, very, very long time & it gives you control over how you trade with the world. It gives you independence. I heard a story where a man supposedly contracted Covid because of a £20 note he had handled. There is the same chance of Covid being on a card as being on cash. If you cannot see how utterly ridiculous this assumption is then there is little hope.
    If you are a customer, pay with cash. If you are a shop owner, remove those ridiculous signs that ask people to pay by card. Cash is a legal tender, it is our right to pay with cash. Banks are making it increasingly difficult to lodge cash & that has nothing to do with a virus, nor has this ‘dirty money’ trend.
    Please open your eyes. Please stop believing everything you are being told. Almost every single topic in today’s world is tainted with corruption & hidden agendas. Please stop telling me & others like me that we are what’s wrong with the world when you hail the most corrupt members of society as your heroes. Politics & greed is what is wrong with the world; not those who are trying to alert you to the reality in which you are blindly floating along whilst being immobilised by irrational fear. Fear created to keep you doing & believing in exactly what you are complacently doing.

This a silly argument.

The last time I sent cash in a birthday card, it didn't get there.

I have a cheque book, although I haven't used it for ages.

I also have a card reader, which allows me to make one off, or regular payments to other bank accounts.

The lack of cash is likely to mean that we end up with a fairer tax system, where none of us are able to avoid paying tax on any of our income.

I can remember losing lots of business years ago, through one man bands undercutting me by knocking the vat off for a cash payment.

I regularly make payments to my grandkids.

My only cash payments these days are to the bloke that does my garden, and the windowcleaner.

If I have to pay both of them using my card reader, or my phone, it will be no skin off my nose.

Do I think that either of them declare their income in full, definitely not.

Cash payments have been used by many people to avoid paying their fair share of tax, and NI, which many people have no choice about.

No cash means more fairness.
  • HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 31,519
    VespaPX said:

Good or bad?

Use your savings account.

bank account.

bank account.

bank account.

bank account, better in the case of a burglary.

open a savings account.

savings account.

Direct debit.

bank account.

bank account.

Nonsense its your money. How on earth do they control it?

Excellent unless you are breaking the law.

Only as far as your money is concerned. And?

Never ever happened to me, but a very quick resolution is a priority for most banks.

Absolutely not true, it will depend on how you got it. Income yes, birthday no.

Boll ocks. How?

Resolved by one phone call.
    Much of the above applies today, while we still use cash.

You need to open your eyes instead of blindly spouting bull sh1t.
    Why is it fair for some people/businesses to gain an advantage over others by hiding cash payments, and not paying their fair share of tax.
    It is an absolutely ridiculous argument.
    @ Haysie
    "You need to open your eyes instead of blindly spouting bull sh1t."
    Pot & kettle comes to mind.
    In my OP i was asking the question "good or bad?"

Everyone would have to have access to a bank account, and a device or means to log in.
    Remote and far flung places in the world would need to be brought up to scratch.
    Is that what Mr Musk is up to?