You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

For the PC buffs.

My PC has been running a bit weird lately , the sound getting all distorted, the windows page kept getting to big for the screen, and the font size keeps going to a small size.
I was playin about with some settings and I noticed it said my graphics card was a ATI radeon 3000, but my card is a gtx 550 ti.
I tried to download the drivers for it but it says it can't find the card ( It's 32 bit o/s on windows 10 ).
Does microsoft automatically download it's own drivers if mines isn't recognized ?.
I know my card isn't all that but the radeon is shite, any ideas how I can get windows to reconize my card ?.

Comments

• Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 158,807
  • kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,526
    edited July 2020
    Ye WIn 10 will keep your graphics card drivers sorted. The only way it would be wrong was if some other graphic drivers were manually installed.

The only way it would see a radeon was if it was plugged into a radeon, maybe integrated to your motherboard, which means your monitor cable might be in the wrong slot.

Open cortana in bottom left and type dxdiag and that will tell you what card you have under the video or graphics tab.

The audio problem would be unrelated. Fixing fuzzy sound is tough because it can be a multitude of things.
  • rabdenirorabdeniro Member Posts: 4,212

Ye WIn 10 will keep your graphics card drivers sorted. The only way it would be wrong was if some other graphic drivers were manually installed.

The only way it would see a radeon was if it was plugged into a radeon, maybe integrated to your motherboard, which means your monitor cable might be in the wrong slot.

Open cortana in bottom left and type dxdiag and that will tell you what card you have under the video or graphics tab.

The audio problem would be unrelated. Fixing fuzzy sound is tough because it can be a multitude of things.

Yep it's a radeon, my GTX 550ti worked on windows 7 but windows 10 won't accept it, I've tried downloading the drivers but no luck, I think with the o/s being 32-bit isn't helping, maybe time to bite the bullet and buy a new card or a new PC, it's about 9 years old now, cheers for yer help.
    Win 10 will accept it, drivers or not. Even without drivers graphics cards still work just usually at lower resolutions. Your computer cannot be plugged into a gtx 550ti but showing a radeon.

Don't worry about a 32 bit operating system as that won't make a difference in this case.
  • rabdenirorabdeniro Member Posts: 4,212
    I pulled out the cable and put it back in, hey presto it recognized it, cheers for yer help.
    Glad to help.

• NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,164
    @Tikay10 Pinging me on a Windows 10 thread. I don't even have a smartphone yet, let alone Windows 10 :smiley: Ask me 80s computer questions only haha
  • DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740
    NoseyBonk said:

@Tikay10 Pinging me on a Windows 10 thread. I don't even have a smartphone yet, let alone Windows 10 :smiley: Ask me 80s computer questions only haha

Given the Sky Poker software appears to have been designed on a Commodore 64, your skills may actually be rather useful here @NoseyBonk!
  • CammykazeCammykaze Member Posts: 1,397
    edited July 2020
    rabdeniro said:

My PC has been running a bit weird lately , the sound getting all distorted, the windows page kept getting to big for the screen, and the font size keeps going to a small size.
    I was playin about with some settings and I noticed it said my graphics card was a ATI radeon 3000, but my card is a gtx 550 ti.
    I tried to download the drivers for it but it says it can't find the card ( It's 32 bit o/s on windows 10 ).
    Does microsoft automatically download it's own drivers if mines isn't recognized ?.
    I know my card isn't all that but the radeon is shite, any ideas how I can get windows to reconize my card ?.

New PC :)