You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Switching from HDD to SDD......

finally.

I know I am well behind on this one. There is something special about old laptops and HDDs ;)

Looking for general advise on the upgrade and easiest way to do this. Have a HP 14-an009na and about to do the deed.

Can open laptops etc so techie to a techie advise would be great :)

Comments

• Options
    kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,527
    I'm not going to be helpful here I doubt. The laptop definitely has 2 drive bays?
  • Options
    If only 1 Bay you'll have to get USB sata cable unless you don't mind starting from scratch, to clone your old hdd.
  • Options
    CammykazeCammykaze Member Posts: 1,397
    Thanks mate!

1 bay :(

Did buy a converter sata to usb from one of those online Chinese places about 2 months ago. Finding it again is the issue.
  • Options
    CammykazeCammykaze Member Posts: 1,397
    Not bothered about starting from scratch.

Will likely do the boot drive thing. Thats the front runner at least.

Thanks again!
  • Options
    Cammykaze said:

Did buy a converter sata to usb from one of those online Chinese places about 2 months ago. Finding it again is the issue.

I know this problem. I've got a shed full of cables and now and again they come in handy which I keep trying to explain to my other half.

• Options
    Cammykaze said:

Not bothered about starting from scratch.

Will likely do the boot drive thing. Thats the front runner at least.

Thanks again!

If you start from scratch then usb is faster than dvd/cd at the actual install process. The microsoft usb utility thing is pretty good nowadays as well. It can stall at times but if it does then just leave it. It will get going again eventually.