You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Box Sets To Watch While Isolating.

Comments

• HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 31,515
    This is well worth a watch.
    Two seasons are available to stream on All4.
    Season 3 is on the telly.
    I am currently half way through season 2, and its getting better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZFeeBQWNes
    edited August 2020
    HAYSIE said:

This is well worth a watch.
    Two seasons are available to stream on All4.
    Season 3 is on the telly.
    I am currently half way through season 2, and its getting better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZFeeBQWNes

I really enjoyed this.
    Huub is a Dutch Arthur Daley.
    His asssistant is a bit more ruthless than Terry.
    He has a son Bjorn, that was really clever but ended up a bit slow after an accident.
    There are some priceless moments.
    One of which was when Bjorn, down on one knee proposes to Wendy, a **** from the local Lap Dancing Club whose real name is not Wendy.
    The engagement ring he proudly produces, is complete with a model of a bejewelled Eiffel Tower stuck on it.
    What made it hilarious is that the Eiffel Tower was stuck horizontally on to the ring.
    Although I suppose if it had been vertical, may have been dangerous.
    Hurry up with Season 4.

Adulterer is the highest streaming series on Walter Presents this year, and viewers may recognise its star Sylvia Hoeks from Blade Runner 2049 where she starred opposite Ryan Gosling.

An extramarital affair is just the tip of the iceberg in The Adulterer, the addictive thriller series from the Netherlands that’s my pick for your weekend binge-watching.

Well, make time for The Adulterer (Overspel) cos it’s well worth it. I stayed up until the wee hours binge-watching the first six episodes, and if sunrise wasn’t a couple hours later (and my eyelids hadn’t gotten oh so heavy), I would have kept going.

The main storyline follows the woman and man involved in an intimate relationship outside their respective marriages, and sub-plots revolve around them and members of their families, each of whom has a singular ambition or goal, a secret, or a problem that could land them in big trouble.

Iris van Erkel-Hoegaarde (Sylvia Hoeks, Blade Runner 2049, Berlin Station) is a married professional photographer and mum to a six-year-old boy. She keeps her visits to a psychiatrist a secret from her husband Pepijn van Erkel (Ramsey Nasr, Armando, Süskind), a public prosecutor who’s been waiting for a big case to make his career.

Willem Steenhouwer (Fedja van Huêt, The Neighbors, Black Widow) is a husband, the father of two teenagers, and the attorney for his father-in-law Huub Couwenberg (Kees Prins, Jiskefet, Villa BvD), a wealthy real estate contractor who’s in the press a lot for alleged criminal activity. By extension, Willem falls under that cloud of suspicion given his guilt by association, while his restaurateur wife Elsie (Rifka Lodeizen, Fenix, Can Go Through Skin) is on the verge of bankruptcy with her business.

In the series opener, Iris’ photography exhibition is a success, but you wouldn’t think she’s thrilled about it by her demeanor. She’s tense, then has a mini, internally-driven freak-out and escapes into the cold outside. As it happens, Willem has ducked outside for a smoke break and in seeing the beautiful Iris just feet away, he introduces himself and makes small talk with “the photographer without a photo.”

Meanwhile, Huub and his Dutch-Scandinavian son Bjorn (Guido Pollemans, Force, Riphagen) are meeting with Huub’s brother-in-law Louis (Hidde Maas, Baantjer Mysteries) and another business associate. Things get ugly very quickly after Huub accuses the two men of embezzling and swindling him out of millions of euros.

Fast forward: Iris and Willem embark on their affair, Pepijn takes over the case against Huub, and Louis’ lifeless body is fished out of the canal — prompting a witness to give a statement and the police to focus on a member of the Couwenberg family as the prime suspect in the man’s death.

Hello cover-ups and lies. But as secrets are exposed and plans for revenge are put in motion, stuff starts hitting the fan left and right.

And after another member of the extended Couwenberg-Steenhouwer clan gets in trouble as well, what follows Huub’s intervention is a bit of karmic payback.

The sense of foreboding is present pretty much from the off. The suspense comes in not knowing how things will play out.

Also integral to the threads is the music — from Smoky Robinson & The Miracles’ “The Tracks of My Tears” as the series theme song, to “Nights in White Satin” by The Moody Blues, “Gold” by Spandau Ballet, and “Smells Like Teen Spirit” by Nirvana.

While The Adulterer isn’t an edge-of-your-seat white knuckler, the story is very compelling and could very well keep you watching until stupid o’clock in the morning, too.

The series features Jeffrey Hamilton (Goede tijden, slechte tijden), Sigrid ten Napel (Black Widow), Redmar Siegertsz (Malaika), Bert Luppes (Lord & Master), and Sabrina van Halderen (Black Widow).

The Adulterer, which premiered yesterday in the US, is now streaming stateside exclusively on Walter Presents and the Walter Presents channel on Amazon.
    https://theeurotvplace.com/2018/04/euro-tv-to-watch-addictive-dutch-thriller-the-adulterer-overspel/
  • lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 6,968
    Sky Crime are currently showing this true story,it's a 5 episode programme I've just watched the first 2 and seems like a good watch.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nosh5cYI8Q8
    lucy4 said:

Sky Crime are currently showing this true story,it's a 5 episode programme I've just watched the first 2 and seems like a good watch.

I recorded it, but havent seen it yet.
    lucy4 said:

Just started on episode three, and will finish watching today.

I am staggered so far.
    edited August 2020
    lucy4 said:

It destroys your faith in juries when the fact they were tired and keen to get home, results in a 25 year sentence, with no parole, and any right of appeal signed away in five minutes.
    HAYSIE said:

lucy4 said:

It destroys your faith in juries when the fact they were tired and keen to get home, results in a 25 year sentence, with no parole, and any right of appeal signed away in five minutes.
    It was an unexpected end.

In so many of these stories it seems impossible to get law enforcement to admit they are wrong, even when this is so blatantly obvious.
    I've not seen beyond the first 2 episodes yet so I've skipped past your posts above and will comment once I've seen all the episodes.
    edited August 2020
    lucy4 said:

I've not seen beyond the first 2 episodes yet so I've skipped past your posts above and will comment once I've seen all the episodes.

Dont read the next one then, it will spoil it.
    HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

lucy4 said:

It was an unexpected end.

In so many of these stories it seems impossible to get law enforcement to admit they are wrong, even when this is so blatantly obvious.
    Despite all the overwhelming evidence the police chief,the investigating cop,the child victims advocate & a few D.A.'s still refuse to accept they were wrong.The fact that some of them are still in law enforcement and one has been promoted to a Judge beggars belief.
    lucy4 said:
    The Police Chief went in February, one article said he resigned, the other that he retired, anyway he has another job fairly nearby, and is probably causing more damage.
    The Texas Ranger was by far the worst, other than his best mate, and has escaped unscathed so far.
    His former best mate ends up in jail.
    Sky Atlantic have been re-running The Wire from the start with 2 episodes each day,having missed it the first time around I've been recording them all.I've now got 10 episodes to binge watch if it's any good,after the first episode it's looking quite good so far.
    lucy4 said:

Sky Atlantic have been re-running The Wire from the start with 2 episodes each day,having missed it the first time around I've been recording them all.I've now got 10 episodes to binge watch if it's any good,after the first episode it's looking quite good so far.

I watched all of it a couple of months ago, for the second time.

It comes up from time to time in "On Demand" on Sky.

I enjoyed it both times.
    lucy4 said:

I had a quick look through the on demand today, and noticed that Strike is on there today.

That was quite good, and the new series starts soon.

Kiri, and The Shield are also on there, and worth a watch if you missed them first time around.