You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Mental game, Work ethic and becoming half man half bot

chappo100chappo100 Member Posts: 116
I literally have so much respect for the really hard core grinder and was wondering if you would be happy to talk about life really and how you manage to get in such volume. Was having a look at sharkscope earlier and there is some insane volume from a few.
@MattBates seems to suggest you have taken about 15 days off year to date,
@loololollo not far behind
@heddoh18 averaging about 900 games a month (nice run in the 100 today!)
@MAXALLY @LiamRynn @luckme002 all with incredible volume this year to date,

wondering if any of you have any tips or are happy to share how you go about this?
do you struggle mentally?
do you have solid daily routines in place that help you achieve this volume?
how much study do you do on top of this?
How many tables do you play at a time?
Any life changes you made in the past that helped boost your volume significantly?

I maybe hit 700 last month across different sites and was burnt out big time. Any tips?

Comments

• Options
    CammykazeCammykaze Member Posts: 1,397
    Interesting questions there chappo.

Hopefully one or two would be able to share a bit of info on routine etc. I find it fascinating.
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    I have played loads this year but the trouble with scope and active days is if I play then my last game tends to be £11bh turbo at 00.30 so if I then take that day off scope will look like I played that day.
    With looking at the big volume I would remember that some players play multi sites and some play cash as well as MTTs, also some players have high volume but a lot is all in sats.
    I don't do as much study as I should do. I tend to analyse hands during sessions both mine and other people I discuss strategy/hands with. Also do separate hh/strat discussions apart from that.
    I play up to 8 tables generally. Can play more but ideal is probably 6-8.
    Mentally I don't find sky MTTs too bad, spins are pretty brutal in comparison.
  • Options
    kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,527
    MattBates said:

I have played loads this year but the trouble with scope and active days is if I play then my last game tends to be £11bh turbo at 00.30 so if I then take that day off scope will look like I played that day.
    With looking at the big volume I would remember that some players play multi sites and some play cash as well as MTTs, also some players have high volume but a lot is all in sats.
    I don't do as much study as I should do. I tend to analyse hands during sessions both mine and other people I discuss strategy/hands with. Also do separate hh/strat discussions apart from that.
    I play up to 8 tables generally. Can play more but ideal is probably 6-8.
    Mentally I don't find sky MTTs too bad, spins are pretty brutal in comparison.

How can you be up at 5am but playing MTTs till late? You a napper?

Sleeping routine is sooooo important for playing good poker. I don't think I've had a decent sleeping routine for longer than a couple of weeks since I started playing poker. We have to have a spare room and tbh I sleep in there more.