You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Worst poker moment

MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
Tonight I was busted from an MTT by @Duesenberg which was a big poker low moment for me. Thought I would start a thread where people can post their worst poker monent!

Comments

• markycashmarkycash Member Posts: 2,837
    edited August 2020
    Commiserations Matt! Terrible news...

Mine would possibly be on here a few years ago.

Was sitting around 5/8 with 6 getting a WSOP main event package and AA in the BB. Someone shoves in EP then someone in MP reshoves so just need the AA to hold. They have KK and 77 and the board runs out K7XXX.

So the WSOP main event remains on the bucket list.
  • AKAscottyAKAscotty Member Posts: 81
    It could have been worse, it could have happened on a monday....Stream day!
  • TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,148
    Live cash game £1/£2 pot limit hold em at Genting in Stoke. Was straddled around to £128 and I get AA in the sb. I pot it and get snap repotted by seat 4 "coz theyre suited". Anyhow its well over £1500 in the pot by the time the dik swinging has finished and he tables 23 of diamonds flop is 223 turn and river are bricks.

He collects his chips gets up and staggers to the cage. Never saw him again.
  • stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,629
    Funny thread this just what I need sitting in me van having a brew
  • Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,473
    Sitting next to the nicest lad you could wish to meet
    Picking my full pint up and then spilling the entire contents over his lap. The table howling with laughter and him being very pleasant about it all
  • MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,159
    Playing a Final qualifier on here for the £1 million UKPC at DTD Nottingham (I'd never played Poker Live)...... 13 of us left with 10 seats, I was in 2nd/3rd place with 19K, Chippy @electroace to my left with 20K, Blinds were around 250/500 @chicknMelt (shorty) limped/min. raised UTG ......so I just SHOVED with T-T, thinking everyone will be happy 'coz I'm going to KO Melty...... @electroace SHOVED too..... Melty FOLDED and electro turned over AAces .......I've never had such a sick feeling in my life, as I went out, knowing I could have been AWAY and hidden in a cupboard, and still qualified.

In the end, Electro couldn't make it over from Ireland for the Tourney sadly, but I'm sure Melty finished Top 4, and my mate from school Fraser Bellamy @FUN4FRASER won it for £250K

I qualified for the next one though, had a Royal Flush in the first hour of my first Live Tourney, and cashed in 37th for £1350 :)
  • percival09percival09 Member Posts: 3,804
    Losing to TommyD @ 20nl hu about 10 years ago
  • CammykazeCammykaze Member Posts: 1,397
    edited August 2020
    Good question.

Have one or two that stick out.

Poker playing wise:-

Finishing 2/246 players in a freeroll years ago for a 2k package to Barcelona. Went into HU game with a 4/1 chip advantage 😔

Poker slagging wise:-

Many years ago as a shy 20 year old in a Glasgow rebuy tourney. One older punter quipped near the start of the tournament "Did ye no iron yer shirt". I said I did. Response "what wae an irn-bru bottle". 😂

• madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,297
    Mine is still burnt into the core of my soul...

First year on Sky(?) early in my poker playing days ....in the days when Vegas seats were 5...I was 4/8th for those 5 seats...chip leader monster lead shoving allin every hand

I get QQ and call his AK....AK on the flop and goodnight! My ONLY solace was imagine being 6th.....who was that poor soul, now THAT would be a worst poker moment!
  • RinkhalsRinkhals Member Posts: 212
    Mine's an unusual one in that it involves winning slightly to often.
    It had to be getting kicked out of my mate's home game because I kept skinting them and they found out I played online all the time lol