You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

how many points do you need to figure on the league 2 leader board

tosca21tosca21 Member Posts: 49
edited August 2020 in Poker Chat
PLAYED FOR HOURS AND NOT EVEN IN TOP 50 ANOTHER COMPETITION FOR THE SHARK'S

Answers

• Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    Around 100 points I would guess.
  • Options
    lfccarllfccarl Member Posts: 1,489
    tosca21 said:

this promo isnt for low stakes players like most promo
  • Options
    hoban01hoban01 Member Posts: 80
    lfccarl said:

tosca21 said:

i only played a few games last week myabe 10 at most more likely 5 games and still managed to get in the top 50 so i dont think it is to bad
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,273
    hoban01 said:

lfccarl said:

tosca21 said:

i only played a few games last week myabe 10 at most more likely 5 games and still managed to get in the top 50 so i dont think it is to bad
    What games were you playing? It must have been a few hours sat at quite good cash tables.

I got just over 500 points last week and finished 57th in league 2 if that helps OP.

• Options
    hoban01hoban01 Member Posts: 80
    Enut said:

hoban01 said:

lfccarl said:

tosca21 said:

What games were you playing? It must have been a few hours sat at quite good cash tables.

I got just over 500 points last week and finished 57th in league 2 if that helps OP.

honestly i played a few tournaments the biggest one was saturday the 33 main which i final tabled so that might be why i got in the top 50 im not sure how the points work to be honest
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,014
    hoban01 said:

Enut said:

hoban01 said:

lfccarl said:

tosca21 said:

honestly i played a few tournaments the biggest one was saturday the 33 main which i final tabled so that might be why i got in the top 50 im not sure how the points work to be honest
    The points have nothing to do with whether or not you cash in a tournament. It's a rake race based purely on how many poker points you earn each day.
  • Options
    DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,544
    the volume required to win anything worth while is not something the casual players should be chasing since they will lose a lot more money chasing the place then anything they could win in terms of the bonus.

• Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,473
    Doubleme said:

the volume required to win anything worth while is not something the casual players should be chasing since they will lose a lot more money chasing the place then anything they could win in terms of the bonus.

That’s true
    But
    We’re all adults and can make those decisions. Some of the top players will quite likely lose money when they chase a top spot in a promotion but that’s a trade off they’re prepared to make

Personally i think it’s a good promotion
    A little extra effort and you can add a few quid for free at the end of each week to your account
    I’ve put small volume in over the first two days but i’m currently on for a tenner
    I certainly don’t think its only the real grinders who can win a bit here at all
  • Options
    ArrogantArrogant Member Posts: 207
    They could tailor this promo in a better way so players like op get something for their efforts.
    Betfair for example have had promos where you get set targets based on ur recent history to earn cash prizes, so players are encouraged to play more than they usually would.
    Maybe the op averages 100 points a week, sky could offer him £10 bonus ontop of his rakeback for earning 300 points this week, and a 2nd offer of £50 bonus for 1k points.

This skypoker promo is similar that it offers you rewards for playing much more than your average, apart from only the hrollers are getting the real prizes, while the bloodline of the site is getting nothing compared to them.

• Options
    i play 16 hours yesterday and didnt get any points
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    lfccarl said:

What games were you playing? How many poker points did you get?
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    MattBates said:

lfccarl said:

What games were you playing? How many poker points did you get?
    i play 2p 4p cash and 3 plo8 tournaments
    i got 96 points
  • Options
    MP33MP33 Member Posts: 6,237
    I,d guess and say your pretty close to points

I got around 170 points 1st day and finished 26th, then yesterday got around 90 points and didn't get on leaderboard (on league 2 )